Next group ride date

THE BOMB

Sorry, can't make it this weekend...work and I still have a small grocery list of things to get done. Two or three more weeks and I will be ready...rail got new rack and pinion with heim joints, new razor blaster front tires/wheels, new 14" bead locks for the paddles, Raptor shift light...she's ready to hit it! Truck got cold air intake, turbo back exhaust, SCT programmer and new Cooper tires.

Any ideas about an early weekend ride in March? Got a Go Pro with a butt load of mounts to try out.

Also have a new riding friend who's picking up a Rhino powered by a Hiyubusa motor.

THE BOMB's ride is still alive!!

Edited by THE BOMB

Hey Greg! I am hoping for a trip in March. Just not sure yet. I have the heads off my car right now and I'm waiting for my gaskets to arrive. It should be back together soon. I'll post up whenever I can make it out. Alot of DDR people might be going to Glamis next month. Not sure if I can make that yet.

I am out until I can find out what is causing the car to go into limp mode after about 1/4 mile. Was running fine this morning and coming through Talladega it started cutting out. Looked at my gauges and it showed 240 :shocked: . It was 210 just seconds before. Anyway re-started it but happened all the way back to camp. Took the + and - cables off the battery and held them all together (per Bert) thought it was the answer.Took it for a short hard run up through the bowl and around a couple more dunes and then stopped to watch the drags. Fired up went back to camp to get everyone together for a run and headed out. Got back to the dragstrip and it kicked into limp again. I was watching the temp gauge and it was at 180 as soon as it went into limp it moved over to 210 in seconds. So I guess it's a call to CBM tomorrow unless anybody has any ideas?

Terry

Waiting on a call from Chris at CBM today so I will let you know what he says. What a PIA. I can't believe there wouldn't be a reset component to the computer but am also wondering if the temp sensor/gauge may have gone bad which causes it to go back intro limp?

Clearing the code would "reset" it but these systems are a little too complex for a reset button. It was going into limp mode because it kept seeing a fault/problem. Checking the codes will be the first step to point you in the right direction.

Terry sounds like something simple and easy. I have a pretty good scanner if you need one and if your car is chevy based we also have EFI live scanning/tuning capability.

problem is that all the tuners lock their tunes up so the only way to get the info is to take it back to the tuner. Today I fired it up and let it run up to 180 and the first fan came on but could not get the second one to kick in although they were both working at the dunes. Anyway CBM also thinks it's something minor but thinks it's electrical. When I told him about the 80 amp fuse blowing twice and that I had moved to a 100 amp fuse he told me that could cause a lot of issues. They want to run separate circuits to each draw I guess. Anyway I am in for a ride to rancho Cucamonga tomorrow to see what we can find out. Anybody got a day off and nothing they would rather do then drive to RC and back?

Newly, thank you for the offer but it's hard to get everybody together to figure these kind of things out so I will take it back down. They also have an alignment on the belt and the power steering unit not being in line causing the belt to squeal all the time. It's something they should have checked when they installed it.So might as well make them get it right now.

Terry

Edited by ynot

There are two sides to locking and unlocking a ECM. We tune diesels all over the country and never lock them so the owner can get into it if needed but have had people steal/copy our tunes and load them into trucks and say it "their" tune. It sucks but will always happen no matter what.

We feel if the buyer paid for it, it's theirs so we leave them unlocked. Mike, the guy who works my front office, has been tuning for 18 years, he tunes LS cars, gas trucks and SUVs plus much more we just don't advertise it.

Terry if I wasn't moving tomorrow I would roll with you, I would like to check out that shop. Hope they get it figured out quick for ya.

There are two sides to locking and unlocking a ECM. We tune diesels all over the country and never lock them so the owner can get into it if needed but have had people steal/copy our tunes and load them into trucks and say it "their" tune. It sucks but will always happen no matter what.

We feel if the buyer paid for it, it's theirs so we leave them unlocked. Mike, the guy who works my front office, has been tuning for 18 years, he tunes LS cars, gas trucks and SUVs plus much more we just don't advertise it.

Terry if I wasn't moving tomorrow I would roll with you, I would like to check out that shop. Hope they get it figured out quick for ya.

Yeah me to, decided to take the M/H and just spend the night at a local RV camp and hope they have it fixed by wed.

Well good news for a change, took the car to CBM and they jumped right on it. Found that the power steering housing had one of the three prongs that are used to run the bolts through to the block had a crack in it. Replaced that and no more out of line belt noise. Car went into lim mode due to a bad relay .and they replaced that under warranty. Spent more in fuel than I did at CBM for a change, I would like to do a shake down trip to Dumont and make sure bt also would like to put a Glamis trip together.

Terry

• Like 1

Good to hear, Terry. As of right now, it's looking like Dumont on March 8-9 will be my next and probably last trip of the season. All my parts arrived today to put my car back together so I'm hoping it will be running by either Sunday night or early next week. I don't know if I can swing a Glamis trip before the end of the season. I've recently dumped a ton of cash into dual sport and I'll be hitting that pretty hard soon.

If I can nail down that date, I'll post it up asap. Whoever would like to join and make it a DDR roundup trip, I'm ok with that.

Good to hear, Terry. As of right now, it's looking like Dumont on March 8-9 will be my next and probably last trip of the season. All my parts arrived today to put my car back together so I'm hoping it will be running by either Sunday night or early next week. I don't know if I can swing a Glamis trip before the end of the season. I've recently dumped a ton of cash into dual sport and I'll be hitting that pretty hard soon.

If I can nail down that date, I'll post it up asap. Whoever would like to join and make it a DDR roundup trip, I'm ok with that.

I can make A March 8-9 trip, I am in