Dumont Dunes Clean Up Now back on!

ynot

Apparently BLM heard you guys and are coming with the clean up! It will not be like the old events with prizes, food etc. but it will be a clean up none the less. I received this e mail from Katrina Simmons today regarding the clean up;

Terry - I would appreciate your help in getting the word out that there will be a clean-up opportunity at Dumont Dunes onSaturday, March 15. Volunteer registration will be at 9:00 AM. There will be a 40 yard dumpster on-site. BLM will be providing trash bags, gloves, etc., and water.

Thanks, Kat

I'm shocked the state of California even allows the lanterns haha.

Believe it or not, a lot of those lanterns are biodegradable, not that they look good on the ground, but should break down with how thin and cheap they are.

Way to go BLM, thanks for stepping up and helping us out, the dumpster will be a lot better than hauling it back to town.

Edited by mineurbiz

I sent her an e-mail, I will let you know.

Terry - The March 15 BLM volunteer clean-up event at Dumont Dunes allows for free access in order for folks to participate in the volunteer event. This event is deemed to be in the best interest of the government. Volunteers will need to have a copy of their signed volunteer agreement with them so BLM staff will be able to do appropriate compliance work. Given the remoteness of Dumont Dunes, it is reasonable to assume that folks will be on-site for more than just the 1/2 day event...soFriday night (3/14) to Sunday (3/16) would be appropriate for "free use", and may be an incentive for folks to actually participate in said event. I have forwarded this email to some of the Barstow staff that may be in the area over this weekend so we are all on the same page.

Terry, "A copy of their signed volunteer agreement"? Will we get this at the signup location? I don't remember this for past cleanups. Doesn't matter to me as I have a yearly holiday pass. Will BLM pass on the hot dogs, chips and drink??

Thanks for all your efforts Terry!!! They are appreciated! Bob

Terry, "A copy of their signed volunteer agreement"? Will we get this at the signup location? I don't remember this for past cleanups. Doesn't matter to me as I have a yearly holiday pass. Will BLM pass on the hot dogs, chips and drink??

Thanks for all your efforts Terry!!! They are appreciated! Bob

We always had wrist bands and I have sent Katrina the same suggestion. Wether she does that I can't say. I wouldn't expect anything but gloves, garbage bags and water. I am not sure how she plans on doing the agreement, masking you fill out 2 copies which would be a waste of time and paper. But then it is a government agency!

Terry

So happy to see the BLM is hearing us.

The 15th is the weekend I am supposed to be in Glamis, but we will see what happens. The Raptor may, or may not be back together by then.

Not looking so hot for me and glamis now either Adam so If I don't go, I will for sure do a weekend trip out for the cleanup. I will prolly let you know for sure in a couple days.

Our crews out due to rescheduling. We thought it was off and many have made other plans. We might be out the week after. Maybe we'll do our own little pickup..especially for the kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk