President's Weekend 2015 reports

dunefreak

Well I'm not sure how appropriate this is but I decided to go to Glamis instead. It was really packed but it has a totally different rhythm than Dumont. The crowd seems to move from one end to the other and if you can't follow you get left behind. The sand drags shut down right at sunset which I thought was odd since Dumont doesn't shut down until people collapse.. lol Food is better, and you can get anything but gas out there.

Still Dumont is more focused and Comp hill Dumont is MUCH bigger than Oldsmobile hill Glamis. I nearly made it up Olds hill with my little truck. I couldn't even get half way up Comp at Dumont.

Got video of course...

EDIT part 2 is ready....

Edited by metalalien
  • Like 1

Awesome weekend even tho I didnt have the buggy out. Had a nice relaxing time in camp. Small group for us but that's nice too.

Went a few runs with Quadrockets, should have NEVER drove that car tho... Now my car will ever compare, 😳 very fun watching Pauly Paul race twin turbod LS Cars withBuds GXR race bike lol and watch messing with other guys on the hill letting them think they had a chance 😝

It was a VERY warm/ Hot weekend out there.

GTP Made it out there Thursday and was set-up ready to sell on Friday. The usual vendors were out there with a few more T-shirt guys.

We have added more and more stuff to what we sell based on what we get asked for and that seemed to help out a bunch of happy customers this weekend. We brought in some Awesome RZR accessories from .50 Caliber, Modquad, Pro Armor, Axia, and more. Doesn't seem like many people look at that stuff out there though. I think, and have heard, many people say we jack up our prices since we are out that the dunes. Overall, this is VERY untrue. We want to be fair to all our customers, and make a point of keep our prices fair. Some things are always cheap on the internet, but we aren't jacking up our pricing.

Still have some weekend trips planned, then it will be time to hit the cooler areas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics of my trip out. I know it's a few weeks late, but having my gallbladder removed after my trip, haven't exactly had time to put up some pics. But here ya go.....

My son and I rollin' out.....

post-17-0-00743700-1425540569_thumb.jpg

Our little camp.....

post-17-0-67473300-1425540723_thumb.jpg

My wife and son hangin' at Comp Hill.....

post-17-0-47805400-1425540769_thumb.jpg

A view from the top of Comp....

post-17-0-53898300-1425541832_thumb.jpg

I think I forgot something......

post-17-0-95688500-1425540814_thumb.jpg

My daughter gettin' it done.....

post-17-0-62842300-1425540849_thumb.png

I see campers.....

post-17-0-98328700-1425540892_thumb.jpg

Thanks for a great time Dumont!!!!!

post-17-0-57730600-1425540924_thumb.jpg

Nobody got hurt, everybody had great time, the weather couldn't have been better, and looking forward to next time!!!!

Edited by HappyHour
  • Like 2