RZR that rolled at the top of comp Friday night

Onefastrzr

Another post,

It was the driver not the passanger. My husband was the second person up the hill to help flip the sxs upright so they could even get the driver out. The passanger climbed out the top before everyone got up there. It's sad. The ranger did tell us he didn't make out of surgery. There must have been a lot of internal injuries that noone was really aware of on the hill that night.

There was no one in the car but the driver when I arrived and I helped flip the car over to get him out . His hand was mutilated but he was coherent and answering all our questions . It was frustrating that it took Law enforcement 20 + minutes to respond to a incident it the middle of the hill on friday night that thousands of people witnessed .... we sent a guy to the ranger station .None the less if he passed away that's horrible . RIP

I was one of the guys first on the scene that helped flip the RZR over. Eight of us were at the top of comp when the driver rolled the RZR on it's driver side. We were all stunned to witness this machine roll twice over on its side then end over 15 more times. You could tell a lack of experience because the driver did not vear off until the machine had no speed. We all feel bad for the guy but this shows that drivers without enough experience can get themselves in trouble at Dumont. As for who was the driver I saw the man's hand mutilated when we flipped the RZR over, he was the driver.

This is what was posted on our FB,

"The man you are referring to is a friend of mine. He had three fingers amputated, a fractured sternum, fractured elbow, and a fractured femur. He is in good spirits and wants to thank everyone who helped that night."

• Like 1

Glad to hear he is alive.

We didn't see that crash but we saw the buggy crash later on the night. I was the first vehicle to get there and I thought the passenger was gone. He was able to get out of the vehicle once he become concious and would be curious on any injuries other then the gash on his head.

My rant is..I was surprised to see one quad intially respond. Maybe I'm overthinking but I guess I was surprised that a vehicle equipped for transport is ready to go after hours. I guess I'm just surprised because by Monday it seemed you could find a LEO every turn.

I agree but see 2 sides. I feel that if there are emergency personnel on site, they should be available, BUT we all have to responsible for our actions. We all assume a bit of risk when we hit the dunes out in a remote area. We can't expect someone to pluck us out of the sand and make everything better just because we pay $ for a pass.

• Like 4

Any one know how the guy is doing .... I was one of the first people to him and was hoping he was okay.... His hand was bad but considering the circumstance flipping down the Hill 20+ times he was lucky to be alive ....

I am his Niece... His daughter posted this a couple hours ago. ........... Update: I think everyone knows but just wanted to post an update. Dad and Jason were in a horrible accident a week ago out in Dumont. They rolled the razor about 10-12 times down Comp Hill. Jason walked away with just some bruises and a couple scratches. Dad fractured his femur, fractured his elbow, broke some ribs and his sternum, and he had to have 3 fingers amputated. He has a long road ahead of him but thank god they are both here. Dad made it home from the hospital last night and he will start physical therapy in the next day or so. He will probably need more surgeries on his hand but things could have turned out a lot different.

• Like 1

Rumors are he passed away on the table while having hand surgery. If he did God bless his soul and my condolences go out to his family.

Thank you for your kindness.. But he is alive.. Back home in Bakerfield.. His daughter posted this a few hours ago. (the other guy involved was her Husband) Update: I think everyone knows but just wanted to post an update. Dad and Jason were in a horrible accident a week ago out in Dumont. They rolled the razor about 10-12 times down Comp Hill. Jason walked away with just some bruises and a couple scratches. Dad fractured his femur, fractured his elbow, broke some ribs and his sternum, and he had to have 3 fingers amputated. He has a long road ahead of him but thank god they are both here. Dad made it home from the hospital last night and he will start physical therapy in the next day or so. He will probably need more surgeries on his hand but things could have turned out a lot different.

Another post, From my cousin. the driver's daughter............. Update: I think everyone knows but just wanted to post an update. Dad and Jason were in a horrible accident a week ago out in Dumont. They rolled the razor about 10-12 times down Comp Hill. Jason walked away with just some bruises and a couple scratches. Dad fractured his femur, fractured his elbow, broke some ribs and his sternum, and he had to have 3 fingers amputated. He has a long road ahead of him but thank god they are both here. Dad made it home from the hospital last night and he will start physical therapy in the next day or so. He will probably need more surgeries on his hand but things could have turned out a lot different.

• Like 1