2015-16 Season first trip....tentatively scheduled

BearsZX72

I was just checking my calendar against my youngest son's college football schedule. Looks like the weekend of October 10th COULD be our first trip out this season. I know it's a holiday weekend (Columbus Day), do you guys think it will be busy at all? I know here in Cali it's the only federal holiday where the kids have to go to school and we get the day off. If all works out, I'll be leaving on the night of Thursday, Oct. 8th (76 days from today) with the 5th wheel and quads. The wife will leave Friday after work with the enclosed trailer and buggy.

Anyone else planing on going this weekend?

Then....

Maybe a day trip on Veterans Day, Wednesday Nov. 11th...

The next trip looks like it wouldn't be until November 20-22 or Thanksgiving weekend, Nov. 26-29th

It is never busy any weekend before Halloween. Should be pretty empty that weekend. It may still be warm. Watch the forecast as it gets closer.

Thanks! What zip code or city do you use for the Dumont forecast?

That sounds like a good weekend. I am in if the weather cooperates..

Sweet! Stay in touch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was checking the weather and it looks to be hot the weekend of Oct. 10th.

Tecopa, CA Weather

THU

Oct 8 92 65° Mostly Sunny 0% NNW 9 mph 26%

FRI

Oct 9 94° 66° Sunny 0% NNE 10 mph 24%

SAT

Oct 10 95° 66° Sunny 0% NNE 8 mph 23%

SUN

Oct 11 95° 66° Sunny 0% E 8 mph 22%

I may need to rethink this. The wife WILL NOT enjoy a hot weekend without the A/C running during the day. I was hoping for a cold front to move in and cool down the dunes this weekend...I guess not.

I think it's going to be hot for Halloween.....it's trending that way. I actually thought it was pretty hot the last 2 years honestly. The year before last I think it was low 90's one day and last year one day was decent the other felt hot...very little wind.

Looks like that weekend will be cooler and trending down.

Oct. 15th - 92 / 64 sunny

Oct. 16th - 91 / 63 sunny

Too hard to predict that far out... I wouldn't even bother looking at the forecast until 1 week out. Two weeks ago it was supposed to be 95 in Las Vegas for this passed weekend, so I made plans to go out of town and then BAM it changed 1 week out to 85, and two weeks out there was no rain predicted for Sunday and Monday of this week either and then BAM 1 week out and rain is forecasted.

We hit up Little Sahara, Ut a couple weeks ago, highs in the 70's predicted, one week out BAM 92... we still went, still had a blast. Stayed in the couple hours where its hot and you can't see the dunes anyway....

We are die hards that way ;)

FYW :laughing:

Over 100... maybe we'll call that too hot.... besides it's an El Nino year, soon it will be too rainy! :rain::laughing:

Just did the week out weather check for 15th - 18th

Thurs: night chance T-Storms low 69

Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91

Saturday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89

I can deal with that.. :D

Edited by sand chick

Looks like we'll be headed out tomorrow afternoon for some early morning runs. I know it's short notice but never to late for a dune trip. I'm sure it will be hot but the anticipation is killing me! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was it out there on Saturday?

Just did the week out weather check for 15th - 18th

Thurs: night chance T-Storms low 69

Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91

Saturday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89

I can deal with that.. :D

Sweet! Let us all know how it went!

• Like 1

How was it out there on Saturday?

Sweet! Let us all know how it went!

There were a few people out there maybe 10-12 trailers. Dunes were awesome, smooth, sharp and no shortage of witches eyes! If I had to sum it up with one word....HOTTT, I wasn't too bad in the morning or evenings but after about 12 it was getting warm.