Veterans Day Weekend

DuNe~Rydher

Can't make it out for the weekend before Halloween due to work, so i'm looking to make up for it by going Veterans day weekend AND Thanksgiving. (Thanksgiving is locked in)

I know it's a a month out but I wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone was planning on heading out that weekend. The actualy Holiday is Tuesday Nov 11th so we'd prob go Saturday-Tuesday.

Getting a great job after getting out of the Air Force is a blessing but acruing vaction time and starting at 0 right before Dumont season sucks :(

Lemme know!

In this case I think he means V-day = Veteran's Day ;)

You are exactly right Pete. V-day does mean Veterans Day. If I made the other V-day a Dumont trip I'd probably be single or riding the couch and able to go all the time but wouldn't be getting any V so I'll stick with V for Veterans and we'll make other trips at TG, NY, MLK and P. Anyone need any more definitions? :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

So since the Holiday is on Tuesday this trip won't be as long as I want but it's all good. Ill be out there with the family early Saturday morning and we'll head back to Vegas Monday morning. We'll probably be close to the ridge line to the left of the Ranger station as you come in so my daughter can ride around on the harder stuff and down behind in the little trails. Feel free to stop by, hope to see you out there.

Steve

Just got off the phone with the Barstow BLM. The entire weekend is not fee free as it has been in years past but Veterans day itself, which is Tuesday the 11th is free.

Good to know that V-Day is free! I'm headed out for a day trip on V-Day! Looks like most will be gone or heading home that day.