4th Annual ATC70 regatta report - another super fun year!

dunefreak

Hey guys I just got in and unloaded. Man am I wiped out!

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who came out and was part of the 4th annual 70 regatta. It was a great turnout and a very long, but FUN-filled day. Every year gets better and better. The best part about the 70 regatta is, by far, the people. Everyone has the same mellow attitude and is there to have a great time. I wasn't able to meet everyone individually, but everyone had a smile on their face and looked to be having a ton of fun- mission accomplished! There were so many people who came up to me after the day's event were done and thanked me personally. I was blown away by that and all the comments of how well they thought of the event. Thanks to all the awesome help from everyone. We had alot of great volunteers.

This year's races were more of an endurance contest I guess. lol Yeesh. Sorry guys- we should have kept it down to 5 laps instead of 10 or made that track a bit smaller! hahaa We were all wiped out after 20++ laps of racing those little trikes. Ouch! Super fun though. The only thing we didn't have time for was the barrel races, but those weren't too important. I do owe a huge apology to Aaron though. There was a big misunderstanding about his modified class bike and the trophy went to tres instead for the modified main. Ugh, sorry dude! :(

Lunch was amazing as usual. Brian, Dan, Nicki, and the rest of the Smokin Al's BBQ crew got everyone fed very promptly and just like Al would have wanted it. Great job, guys.

That's all I got for now. There will be plenty more including lots of pics and videos to come I'm sure.

If you were there, please chime in and give us a few words about your experience from the regatta.

My family and friends had a great time and from what I am hearing we will be back next year with more people! Smokin Als' was awesome, and all the great people made the weekend a very enjoyable event for the whole family.

I liked the long track but the 10 laps combined with multiple classes wore me out before the main ever started! If I could do it all over I would have just picked one class and stuck with that and then the 10 laps would have been fine. I got confused with the schedule and missed the second heat race for the modified so I had to start in the back for the main and if I would have been in better shape It probably would have taken almost all 10 laps to work my way to the front from the rear.

Thanks again for another awesome REGATTA!

Hey guys I just got in and unloaded. Man am I wiped out!

This year's races were more of an endurance contest I guess. lol Yeesh. Sorry guys- we should have kept it down to 5 laps instead of 10 or made that track a bit smaller! hahaa We were all wiped out after 20++ laps of racing those little trikes. Ouch! Super fun though. The only thing we didn't have time for was the barrel races, but those weren't too important. I do owe a huge apology to Aaron though. There was a big misunderstanding about his modified class bike and the trophy went to tres instead for the modified main. Ugh, sorry dude! :(

If thats the case its my fault Aaron.....I thought you were out there just for fun because your bike wasnt allowed.....I new you were first but we thought it didnt count....

Sorry man huge misunderstanding.

Huge thanks go out to Pete and Anna For putting on an awesome event. The entire dumont dunes crew are fun as hell to ride and party with?

Thanks to smokin Als bbq...all the sponsors who donated incredible raffle prizes and the MANY volenteers who made such an epic event

THANKS DUNEFREAK !!!!!

My entire family had a blast!!!

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

Pete thanks and ditto to what everyone else said, I so look forward to this event and cannot wait to get out there again next year for some more 3 wheel fun! Pete you efforts and dedication make this event great!!

Wish Al could have been there, but very happy that so many gave what they could for a great cause!

To all those that made the trip I am glad that we were all able to have a great weekend!

Regatta was fun as always! I took tons of pics and I know a bunch of others did too. Can not wait to see all of them posted up here. I just wanted to personally thank all of you that supported Smokin Al's BBQ and the donations that were given from people who love Al and from those of you that do not even know Al that supported him. I was taking the $ from everyone and it got so overwhelming and emotional for me that I had to step away and hand it over to my husband Justin (aka Skinner). One person in particular donated $100 for one sandwhich. And so many others did huge donations as well. I know Al wanted to be there but would be so thankful for what you guys did this weekend for him. This just shows what a great group of people you all are and I am honored to know you all.

It was our first Regatta and for sure wont be the last. I had fun and I know my Bro-in-Law Charlie had a blast racing the stock class on the ATC70 we just got (thanks Joe!)

We will see you all again next year.

I too wish Al could have been there! He is a top notch dude and our prayers go to him and his family.

The dune rides we got in on Sunday were epic. Nice smooth dunes with some good lines for a fast paced quad ride. Finally packed up and pulled out around 6:30pm. Feeling sore today.

The Ford Gnomes struck again on the way home. Was cruising down the Tecopa road at about 23PSI of boost and the lower hose blows off my intercooler. Didn't see clamp so thought it fell out and/or got run over. Walked about a mile down the road in the dark with my flashlight looking for it. No luck. Just about gave up but decided to search again in the engine compartment and what do I fing hiding under the battery tray... the damn clamp. Put it back on with he-man strength so it wont pop off again and proceed to finish my trip home. Got home after dropping off the trailer at about 10:30pm. Was tired as hell, but would do it all over again for the good times we had this weekend.

One of the funniest highlights of the day was when Brandon's ATC was giving him trouble. He pulled off the track, ditched the bike, did a full on sprint over to krusty, pushed him off his ATC that he was sitting on watching the races, fired it up and took back off to finish the race. The look on krusty's face was priceless. He got it all on his Go Pro too! :lol: We watched it on the big screen numerous times. That was just CLASSIC! Skinner has a copy and we'll get it posted eventually.

We had a great time. While every one else was busy with the 70's, we had plenty of uncrowded dunes for riding and entertainment between rides. Went on one of the top five best ever rides with Joeduner leading a few other rzr's and myself on the quad!

We had a great time. While every one else was busy with the 70's, we had plenty of uncrowded dunes for riding and entertainment between rides. Went on one of the top five best ever rides with Joeduner leading a few other rzr's and myself on the quad!

You guys weren't the only ones. Anna and I were out there for 6 days. Those dunes were nice! We got a handful of great runs in. I got some on the go pro too.

My little brother said it best. "I dont think i have met anyone i dont like" Man what a good time even if it was just spectating and hanging out with the crew for the day and getting my brother out to dumont for the first time. Wish i could have given him the $2 tour of the place in a razr or rhino or something but ohh well he said he will be coming out again so he will get the real tour then.

This was our 2 nd regatta; but my first with a trike of my own. Came last year and had such a good time, I ran out and bought two 70s. I came in dead last in my heat, of the bikes that finished, but I had a blast doing it. I got in a ton of quality time with my lil boy, and I got him riding all on his own for his first time. We brought our lil girls, and my wife got them out in the wagon, which was cute! We also got them in the rail for their first buggy ride; got some video coming :)

After an awesome BBQ lunch, more fun. We all burried our trikes.... And filled our socks with sand, up on the finger dune, staging our photo shoot. Then, the raffle :) I came out pretty good with some ATC parts and a set of ATC graphics... Pink... Which will work great for my girls 3 wheelies. I think I heard peewee did those: if so, I'd like to get another set for a set of identical builds I'll be doin. Big thanks to all the contributors.

Sunday was great! Big thanks to DF for a great run. Met a few peeps, and got to put some faces to screen names at the north pole. My family came out solo, but we met a couple familiar peeps: Pete and Anna, jackster, and met joeduner, dune rat, jj, and a few others. We felt welcome and amongst friends. My boy had such a great time, which is what this trip was all about for me.

It was a busy trip for sure, didn't get much for pics, but just a lil on the gopro. Can't wait to see all the pics!

Gonna have to get a stacker so I can get more 70s :)

Big thanks to all the DDR crew for such a good weekend

ok I'll throw my phone pics up first. Some of my friends have seen these as I was throwing them randomly on FB throughout last week, but they are cool pics from our 6 days out there. It felt great.

Wed AM I woke up and realized we needed more room

post-3-0-32857400-1328583601_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-77986300-1328583710_thumb.jpg

So I moved the hauler down a few football fields and then managed to get the car and tow the atc down at the same time. lol

post-3-0-26092300-1328583678_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-31603300-1328583682_thumb.jpg

OK, this should do.

post-3-0-57002700-1328583618_thumb.jpg

Then the damn W word came and went most of the day. It was annoying.

post-3-0-09862800-1328583719_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-55573200-1328583718_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-04074400-1328583618_thumb.jpg

However it calmed down enough for us to take advantage of those bitchen dunes.

post-3-0-23885000-1328583700_thumb.jpg

Thurs AM

post-3-0-93281300-1328583706_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-12374500-1328583710_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-13543500-1328583619_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-33121500-1328583711_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-50943000-1328583709_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-69792600-1328583696_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-09426500-1328583696_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-83741600-1328583689_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-91581700-1328583708_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-45354900-1328583695_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-51385600-1328583617_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-91463600-1328583616_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-23135600-1328583616_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-68530700-1328583648_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-90971000-1328583652_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-84842400-1328583641_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-42925200-1328583642_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-80069000-1328583653_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-55576100-1328583676_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-45103500-1328583693_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-05089700-1328583686_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-56620600-1328583702_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-59423200-1328583655_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-08090700-1328583648_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-31343700-1328583610_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-87492700-1328584658_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-70937100-1328583650_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-00853900-1328583605_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-74245100-1328583607_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-89989200-1328583645_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-00109400-1328583705_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-49746500-1328583704_thumb.jpg

Check it >>>> " Legs are sore as all hecko." :laughing: Am I really the only one?

We brought Whitney's mom Robyn (Ryder's Grammy) out this trip for her first time in the dunes.

She had a great time and was amayzed at everyone, the whole event, and dune sport all together.

Whit, Ryder and I had a great time too.

Awesome :702: Regatta.

Thank You Pete and Anna, Cole, Skinner ,Donnky, BaBert, Woods and Shanna, Smokin Al's crew, All the donations,

and everyone that helped make the whole event turn out the way it did, AWESOME! :clap:

Oh man, we really had a blast this time. I remember feeling this stoke after every regatta. :headbang1:

I never did get my other atc together for this regatta, but I'm extra motivated now. (so maybe I'll get started on it soon :slap: ).

Everything ran great except the buggy. Lost compression on one of my cylinders. :undecided:

Krusty and I checked it out and seems like a broken valve spring at this point.

Kinda bummed I couldn't enjoy them smooth dunes more with it, but wasn't planning too much dunin' anyways. :assblast:

I was extra stoked to just be chillin' with so many of my dune friends again. :beercheers:

Missed the ones that didn't make it out and Praying for those that actually couldn't. :pray:

We all really missed you Al. You tought Brian and the crew very well. they did an awesome job for you Bud.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time and looking forward to pics and videos foe schizzz.

R-

:randog:

Im with ya Randog, My leggs are killing me!! THANK YOU!!! DDR CREW!! The girls and I had a great time. I was able to crisson the new suspention bike in Dumont,got my shirts , had Big Al's, got to see some great builds and hungout with some great people, Thank you all again for putting on such a great event. see you next year.

My first time to Dumont, my first time on the sand period. Thanks to Mark Bell for taking me on my first Dune Buggy ride and playing around with his ATC70's. Had a blast just spectating the regatta and hangin out. Plan to pick up a few ATC's and do it again :rockon:

Anyways took a Panaramic pic of the Regatta Raffle...enjoy, cya all real soon

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/index.php?app=gallery&image=971