Fines for season passes

I just got back from Johnny Walkers picking up a season pass. There is a notice on the wall pertaining to a $500 fine and the season passes. So I asked Dusty what that is all about and he said the BLM has been going into camps checking passes for proof of purchase. I guess if the pass isn't yours or you can't prove it's your it is a $250-500 fine in addition to confiscating it of course. So now they want you to save your receipt to show as further proof. This is getting ridiculous. I guess we could tape the receipt to the pass, but that makes it nice and convenient for someone who might get their hands on my pass.

The sellers are required to put your licence number and name on the permits too. That can be rubberd off and replaced with another persons info. So I guess it another way to try and catch bad people. Time to look up my receipt!

I bought my pass at Carter powerSports, they didn't write on the back, but I did. I guess I will have to look for my receipt just to be safe. The few times that I have been out there I haven't seen a ranger yet. I haven't seen tracks like they were looking either.

Edited by Rap_Rider

I could see this if the people in the specific camp are being a-holes or something. But, Especially on a busy weekend, i don't see them going to every camp to check. Plus it's got to be more of a scare tactic then anything because if you have a pass what can they really do? All you are really required is to have the season pass. I will carry my receipt just in case, but that is just dumb.

Edited by Rap_Rider

That really doesn't make sense. So I tapped the receipt to the back. But here's the kicker I didn't purchase it, my friend did. He bought 3 so his name is literally on the receipt.

I understand they dont want fraud or people duplicating them but the receipt thing is silly.

That really doesn't make sense. So I tapped the receipt to the back. But here's the kicker I didn't purchase it, my friend did. He bought 3 so his name is literally on the receipt.

I understand they dont want fraud or people duplicating them but the receipt thing is silly.

I had someone else purchase mine as well. I am sure he only got one receipt. Are they trying to drive people away with this crap?

Thanks Terry. I'm sure there going to be reasonable. A pass is a pass in my opinion. On top of the receipt question can u also ask about lic plate number? I use my Moho and my truck for day trips so of course they won't match. I did see that the passes had that lady year and I was never questioned or did they look for that.

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

Thanks Terry. I'm sure there going to be reasonable. A pass is a pass in my opinion. On top of the receipt question can u also ask about lic plate number? I use my Moho and my truck for day trips so of course they won't match. I did see that the passes had that lady year and I was never questioned or did they look for that.

Thanks again!!

I will check into that but it was discussed in a sub group meeting that the pass is the person's not the vehicles. So not to worry there. I have never been asked to see the back of my pass. It is taped in the corner of the M/H front window and they just check the color and waive me through. They may check camps but usually it's a drive by and they look for them in the window bt the real enforcement is at the outgoing gate. There were a couple changes to the pass to prevent conterfiting, that may be what your looking at.

Terry

I have not read the back of my new pass but there was no rule posted on last years pass saying you have to keep proof of purchase with you. If it does not say on the back I don't see how they could enforce an imaginary rule

I have not read the back of my new pass but there was no rule posted on last years pass saying you have to keep proof of purchase with you. If it does not say on the back I don't see how they could enforce an imaginary rule besides that I paid an effin $170 for that pass and 2 Cali stickers there gonna have a hard time prying that out of my hands

• Like 1

In talking to Larry today @ BLM he told me the passes are sold to the PERSON not the vehicle. Therefore if you have your name on the back and a License plate on the back but you choose to put it in your other vehicle it will still be ok. As long as the vehicle is registered to you or your in the vehicle displaying the pass there will be no issues. having the reciept (Kept seperate) will help if the pass is stolen, they will be able to trace the time and place of purchase should they catch someone using your pass so you can get it back.

Wiping the name off and plate # with brake cleaner etc. shows up as the plastic covering is designed to show that a chemical has been used. It is a way to make sure there is no counterfeiting(a problem in the past) and that the passes you have and are using are yours.

It is not a big deal unless you use the pass or obtained the pass illegally. Hope that clears that issue up! BTW the BLM is smoothing out the road as we speak and is waiting for water to come down the river in order to lay another top coat on the road.

Be safe and have a great opening weekend!

Edited by ynot

Aren't you married? if so put your married name on it and don't worry about it. I doubt that this is going to be a big enforcement deal. Unless there is another reason for them to be talking to you I doubt it will even come up.

Aren't you married? if so put your married name on it and don't worry about it. I doubt that this is going to be a big enforcement deal. Unless there is another reason for them to be talking to you I doubt it will even come up.

No we are not married. I just don't want any issues, some of those guys look for any little thing to write a ticket for. ;)