Nightdrags trip report

aceisback

I nor anyone else is looking for a pat on the back... Its complete BS... You would have thought from the last organized banshee meet, that they would pick up there trash..

I pick up the trash so that my kids can have a place to play later also.. No thanks needed!! The last thing I need is for you or anyone else to make me feel good about something.

My trip wasnt ruined at all.. just a little irritated in regard to the trash... its ridiculous.. Next time I should take pics and leave it for the guy that needs a pat on his back

Capt

capt, i completely agree with you. nobody is looking for a pat on the back. capt,and many others (including myself) shouldn't have had to be the ones to pick up after people that are capable of taking care of themselves. or picking up their own damn trash. my weekend was great, but if you ask me, this is the exact thing that is going to get the dunes closed for good. if we plan on keeping what we have now as a place to have fun and ride, then crap like this should not happen.

nice pics btw, saw my father kickin back in one of them haha

:beat:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this pic.

Thanks Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no prob, Joe. Sorry it didn't come out better. It was after the sun went down and I was in the process of dialing in the settings. It came out super underexposed and that is the best I could get it after some Photoshop help. lol

I decided to go on Friday. It was the first run to the dunes in the new moho w/ a new trailer. I spent all morning long just trying to get the brake lights and turn signals to work. Got it half done, I couldn’t get the interior lights to work.

post-2259-1249879135_thumb.jpg

I had a great time, I Rode a lot. The dunes were crazy soft, and smooth. The weather was so nice. No one could have predicted that it would be so great out in August. My wife didn’t want to go. She said it was going to be too hot. LoL I told her it was a scorcher! I needed some down time anyway.

post-2259-1249879343_thumb.jpg

post-2259-1249879395_thumb.jpg

It was cool meeting some new peeps:

Al your food rocks!

80grit..bad a$$ car! I forgot your friends name..Don I think. Bad luck with the phone and the gas cap, but cool to meet you guys.

post-2259-1249879463_thumb.jpg

post-2259-1249879659_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr.SandyBrownJeans

there wasnt much left in that cooler by the end of saturday night/sun mornin lol there were a couple stragglers still bobbin in the cooler lol..

:ninja::beat:

I owe you guys a few. I was in that cooler quite a bit at the hill. ^^^

That was an awesome trip. Great to see so many DDR peeps. :peeps:

Missed a few though. :DDRrocks:

Damn them qWads were rippin' ..... Holy Mutha Bitchezzz! :mc::mc:

Thanks PainterJoe for haulin' our azzez up there and back. ( ohh and your Captiain drinks.) :laughoff::lol: :drunk2:

And Dunefreak for the beers and all the friggin' laughs. :beat:

Smokin' AL T for the eats. Taste like chit, but filled us up. :dunno: JK mANg, was killer grub. :foshizz:

Wish we woulda got more dunin' in, but had an awesome time with everyone. :2cents::sleeping::sleeping:

R-

I decided to go on Friday. It was the first run to the dunes in the new moho w/ a new trailer. I spent all morning long just trying to get the brake lights and turn signals to work. Got it half done, I couldn’t get the interior lights to work.

I had a great time, I Rode a lot. The dunes were crazy soft, and smooth. The weather was so nice. No one could have predicted that it would be so great out in August. My wife didn’t want to go. She said it was going to be too hot. LoL I told her it was a scorcher! I needed some down time anyway.

post-2259-1249879395_thumb.jpg

It was cool meeting some new peeps:

Al your food rocks!

80grit..bad a$$ car! I forgot your friends name..Don I think. Bad luck with the phone and the gas cap, but cool to meet you guys.

Great pics, Ken. Good to see you again and get some duning in together! I still can't believe we found your broken whip! :dayum::laughoff:

:ninja::beat:

I owe you guys a few. I was in that cooler quite a bit at the hill. ^^^

That was an awesome trip. Great to see so many DDR peeps. :peeps:

Missed a few though. :DDRrocks:

Damn them qWads were rippin' ..... Holy Mutha Bitchezzz! :mc::mc:

Thanks PainterJoe for haulin' our azzez up there and back. ( ohh and your Captiain drinks.) :dunno::ninja: :drunk2:

And Dunefreak for the beers and all the friggin' laughs. :beat:

Smokin' AL T for the eats. Taste like chit, but filled us up. :dunno: JK mANg, was killer grub. :foshizz:

Wish we woulda got more dunin' in, but had an awesome time with everyone. :2cents::sleeping::sleeping:

R-

No sweat bud. That's what they were for. We always bring extra for the peeps yo! :peeps: :lol:

Taste like chit, but filled us up.

:laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::slap:

looks like a good time was had by all !!! :beat: wish i could have been there. i finally got my operation so i was out of commision. i got 10" of staples running up my belly !!! :sleeping:

a couple of observations:

the trash ordeal should have been on a seperate thread :sleeping: no reason to "buzz kill" it is important and can be adressed in a seprate forum.

maybe as a "lessons learned " those that organise" focus on 55 gallon trash cans as an important part of the get together. at least as much as the effort of the lighting. and some people to volunteer to haul it out.

best to keep it small and freindly and adjust to the mistakes.

remember BLM reads these threads. remember what happened to the "camp hosts"

screaming "foul ball" about tickets for headlights ?? and screaming "everyone should get a ticket" not cool on any level. relax peeps you know your supposed to have lights.

be glad they focused on lighting tickets and not trash tickets!!

some of the angry responses to the trash ordeal. does not show blm were concerned. maybe it would have been better to move it out of the thread to its own section???

im sure those concerned will focus on it next time << which is a majority of ddr including the ones that gave an angry response. we are all concerned.

if your not carefull you could find the "night drags" being a mandatory sactioned event. nobody wants that do they ???

anywase sounds like it was a blast other than some easily remedied mishaps :beat: i hope to go next year :2cents:

Once again ! I dont know Barefoot Bob But I like the way he thinks ! Maybe I will have the pleasure of meeting him someday!

The night drags were a blast !

I agree with you and barefoot bob...Anyone that has been to the dunes knows you need lights at night and a flag.The 55 gallon drums for trash is a great idea hopefully if that happened there wouldnt be 55 gallon drums left behind full of trash,lol

Once again ! I dont know Barefoot Bob But I like the way he thinks ! Maybe I will have the pleasure of meeting him someday!

The night drags were a blast !

well, what ever people think of my car one thing they cant argue, it is not hard to spot !!! ( maybe catch if were duning on a guys run) come say high anytime. i usually hit the meet and greets every year. and my wife saise im out running for mayor cause im always chatting up everyone :beat:

I agree with you and barefoot bob...Anyone that has been to the dunes knows you need lights at night and a flag.The 55 gallon drums for trash is a great idea hopefully if that happened there wouldnt be 55 gallon drums left behind full of trash,lol

One of the reasons the lights are there is so people can see without lights.

My point was that putting a 3 inch flashlight would not help anyone to see and it made the bike legal.

I put lights on ours and we were legal.

Had a great weekend at Dumont. It was really nice to meet Eddie, Ken, Chad, & JJ.

Thanks to Pete for for leading such a nice dune ride! Made it a lot easier trying to get some seat time in the new buggy.

I got lazy with taken pics but here is two from the north pole. Thanks again guys and Im sure I will see all of you again come October.

post-14-1249925085_thumb.jpg

post-14-1249925110_thumb.jpg

Here's my story, called:

Sean's Sh*tty Sunday.

Sunday morning was great, went on a good ride with Tami and everything went good loading up.

It all started with me being a nice guy and stopping to say goodbye to the guys in camp. Well, as I was leaving, I got 30' away and the "One Wheel Wonder" as someone put it started to dig in. So after a lil' pushing and digging and not getting anywhere, Pete was able to borrow Jakster's truck and pull me out. A Huge thank you to all who helped and Jakster and Pete for using the truck.

Ok, so moving on. I get to end of the entrance road and stop to check everthing as I always do, walk around to the front and see some liquid. :( . My effin radiator sprunk a leak. It's ok, I got plenty of water to get home. Walk around the trailer and check the quads and everything looks good.

Get to Baker and stop to check the leak and one final check of the trailer. I look at the left wheel of the trailer and "Oh My Effing God", all 5 nuts are at the end of the studs, the studs are ground down to about 1/4" around, the holes on the rim are twice the original size. Another 5 miles and things would have been devastating.

I go to the tire shop down the street and use the guys wrench to get the wheel tight to the hub to make it drivable around town. He tells to go to the Baker Garage which doesn't open till 11am, it's 10:15. Thank god the weather was beautiful and wasn't 900 degrees like normal.

Were calling everyone I know who can help us out if need-be and line up some back-up plans. The guy gets there and says he doesn't have a rim, doesn't have a hub, and looks around for 30 mins and finds 1 stud. Long story short, I drop the trailer, drive to Barstow, stop at 3 places and found some studs which barely worked, didn't find a rim. Get back to Baker and spend another hour getting everything put together with a little ghetto rigging.

I left Dumont at 9:30 am, Got home to Ontario at 6:30 pm. My final thought, :beat: sunday.

As for the time at Dumont, it was a blast. There was a ton of people at the hill just camping there, almost looked like a regular season saturday night at comp. We camped and partied in the big circle. Dunepred, those tacos were killer. The LTR was slow, I lost every race, I need better paddles and maybe a turbo just to keep up with some guys.

To all the complainers, start your own thread please. :sleeping::beat:

Thank you again to the guys who helped me get unstuck, that wasn't embarrasing at all for me. :2cents:

Edited by ltr450rider

Here's my story, called:

Sean's Sh*tty Sunday.

Sunday morning was great, went on a good ride with Tami and everything went good loading up.

It all started with me being a nice guy and stopping to say goodbye to the guys in camp. Well, as I was leaving, I got 30' away and the "One Wheel Wonder" as someone put it started to dig in. So after a lil' pushing and digging and not getting anywhere, Pete was able to borrow Jakster's truck and pull me out. A Huge thank you to all who helped and Jakster and Pete for using the truck.

Ok, so moving on. I get to end of the entrance road and stop to check everthing as I always do, walk around to the front and see some liquid. :( . My effin radiator sprunk a leak. It's ok, I got plenty of water to get home. Walk around the trailer and check the quads and everything looks good.

Get to Baker and stop to check the leak and one final check of the trailer. I look at the left wheel of the trailer and "Oh My Effing God", all 5 nuts are at the end of the studs, the studs are ground down to about 1/4" around, the holes on the rim are twice the original size. Another 5 miles and things would have been devastating.

I go to the tire shop down the street and use the guys wrench to get the wheel tight to the hub to make it drivable around town. He tells to go to the Baker Garage which doesn't open till 11am, it's 10:15. Thank god the weather was beautiful and wasn't 900 degrees like normal.

Were calling everyone I know who can help us out if need-be and line up some back-up plans. The guy gets there and says he doesn't have a rim, doesn't have a hub, and looks around for 30 mins and finds 1 stud. Long story short, I drop the trailer, drive to Barstow, stop at 3 places and found some studs which barely worked, didn't find a rim. Get back to Baker and spend another hour getting everything put together with a little ghetto rigging.

I left Dumont at 9:30 am, Got home to Ontario at 6:30 pm. My final thought, :sleeping: sunday.

As for the time at Dumont, it was a blast. There was a ton of people at the hill just camping there, almost looked like a regular season saturday night at comp. We camped and partied in the big circle. Dunepred, those tacos were killer. The LTR was slow, I lost every race, I need better paddles and maybe a turbo just to keep up with some guys.

To all the complainers, start your own thread please. :DDRrocks::beat:

Thank you again to the guys who helped me get unstuck, that wasn't embarrasing at all for me. :sleeping:

Aww man, that's sucks Sean! :2cents::( Sorry to hear that about he trailer. What a pain in the a$$.

No prob with the pull out of camp. Where there for ya anytime. It happens to everyone, especially with a 2WD. I've had my share of being way more buried. You just had some axle hop which made it impossible to get going with that trailer.

Glad you finally made it home. It was great hanging with you and Tami again. :beat:

Here's my story, called:

Sean's Sh*tty Sunday.

Oh yeay El Duner you kicked down some killer tacos straight from your home made Taquerro. 2X4 If I remember right with adjustable height. :beer_bang:

I should have introduced myself to others but time went by fast for a one night. THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME. :MBdance:

I left Dumont at 9:30 am, Got home to Ontario at 6:30 pm. My final thought, :censored: sunday.

To all the complainers, start your own thread please. :thumb::driver:

Thank you again to the guys who helped me get unstuck, that wasn't embarrasing at all for me. :rolleyes:

Man that sucks. I thought that was you driving past me and I think your lady waved and was smiling. Probably with anger. What threw me off was it was a truck with a DDR sticker and no trailer and no qwad in the back.

I know the feeling. I had a flat going into dumont back in May and then I had another one leaving. OOPS no moare spare. Went to three different tires shops including the ones that say open 24HRs. Yeah right the one guy went to church in front of me and said call back at 8PM it was 11am. Well we hobbled into barstow on one tire on the hauler one side. :MBdance:

Well heel here is my post. The Drags were fun as Fuggg. Needed some good riding in. Havent been since Memorial.

Pulled into the DDR camp 7.30 unloaded and headed to the hill at 9PM. Looked all over for DDR and smoking ALS. :blury: Could not find anyone too damn smokey. We was hungry as hell we did not bring and dinner only snacks and Breakfast.

Hell after taking the QWAD around three laps I find Chadwick,Randog & DDR crew. Hellz yeah Randog thanks for kicking down two pulled pork Samiches. I was pissed off we were not there on time. If I remember right ALS was pulling out as I was pulling in. anyways I gots mine and they was Biatchen as usual. :idiot:

I hit the hill until 12AM. Seen some fast azz QWADS. Great set up. I raced all in fun just put some new Skat trak 7 Paddle haulers on my LTR made a hell of a difference. Beat few and lost more than a few. :laughoff:

Well we will be talking about the next trip soon. Hitting Pismo September 3-7th Cant wait.

Had a great time. Thanks Pete for the ride out and place to sleep. Always good times. Chad, next time I am going to bring you some energy drinks and no-doze so you can kick it with us later into the night and not miss any of the shenanigans!

My observations...

- Having virgin dunes to yourself, priceless. :beer_bang:

- Don't tell anyone you moved to Vegas when you were one. Just tell them you grew up there. LOL Never heard the end of that. Good thing I was drunk. :idiot:

- Chadwick99 sleeps more hours than he is awake.

- Eddie's quad is sweet. He never got off that thing.

- Seeing Eddie riding his quad with no helmet makes Pete nervous like a mother would be for their kid.

- Need to make my bike faster. Chad's 130lb a$$ on his Raptor 700 was impossible to beat.

- Stayed up til almost 5am friday night and thought I slept in Sat to only find out I was up before 9am. :laughoff:

- Sat was ok weather. Little warm but manageable. Got some riding in. 80grit's car is bad-a$$.

- Had to help out a friend get his rail unstuck off a top of a dune. Had it buried so deep you could barely see the rear paddles. I will try to get the pictures from his son-in-law.

- Made it to the hill and got some of Al's BBQ. Damn that was good. Thanks for coming out there and feeding our fat a$$es. :driver:

- Wacthed the hill shooters for a while. Some fast machines. Then went back to camp.

- Got some of ElDuner and DunePred' tacos. DELICIOUS! Thanks guys.

All-in-all great time again as always with some familiar and some new faces. Can't wait til October so we can all do it again.

what a day.... i love to hang out and talk smack... you be surprise how much i had left over from them tacos... i almost thought of selling breakfast burritos...lol that the last time i take an 18 pack and try and convince myself im not going to drink much...lol thank for the beers... someone brought coronas and yukkk i could only drink two or three of them.... had al pastor, asada and chorizo..... im always happy to share food... man im glad i had the beer holster....lol...my orange Honda ran great... i could not had changed a thing... my buddies Gold TRX did not have a good weekend... but there is always next time. was fun chilling in the DDR camp. thanks for the invite.

I had a blast the weather was awesome and the beers were ohhh so good! I took a few pixs at the hill and I took some pixs at camp in front of dunefreaks trailor. I'm not sure how to upload them soo you guys are gonna have to wait for Ltr450rider to post them. I tryed to take lots of pixs but I realized that guys hate getting there pic taken and not alot of girls came out. Sandchick I give you props. ohhhh and I wanted to thank dunefreak, the guy with the dog named Buba, eddie, and etc. for gettin the one wheel wonder out of the sand sunday.

Sandchick I give you props.

Thanks! :driver: I usually catch alot of DDR birds :beer_bang:

Looks like everyone had a good time and I am glad to hear the weather cooperated and had low temps in Aug. Its been a pretty incredible year in the weather dept. :laughoff:

All the pics are awsome! I love your first pic as well Skinner! :idiot:

Here are our pics. Bigtruckdrmr's camera takes crappy nightshots, especially when there is lots of dust in the air. Although, it does look like it's snowing, in Dumont, In August. I think I might try to fool some people with that.

DSC03256.jpg

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

DSC03266.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

DSC03272.jpg

DSC03273.jpg

DSC03274.jpg

DSC03275.jpg