Trick or Treating? Which night?

sand chick

Trick or Treating?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which night will you take your kiddies trick or treating?

• Friday October 31st (Halloween)
    • Saturday November 1st (day after Halloween)

Hello Everyone! My family and I are new to Dumont. We are not new to riding as we have been going to Oceano Dunes every year for the past 4 summers. We also normally ride in the CA high desert area from time to time. I have seen some amazing pictures of Dumont and we plan on going this Halloween. It is my wife and I along with our 3 kids, ages 9, 12, 14. Just wanted to get some advice on where to camp and not miss the trick or treating. Everyone seems exceptionally nice as i have read through these forums. None of our close friends really go out riding so its always just us and our kids. We always have a blast, but its always nice to meet new people with similar interests We plan on taking the day off Friday and leaving early in the A.M. Any advice is welcome! Hope to meet some of you out there.

Thanks

Hello Everyone! My family and I are new to Dumont. We are not new to riding as we have been going to Oceano Dunes every year for the past 4 summers. We also normally ride in the CA high desert area from time to time. I have seen some amazing pictures of Dumont and we plan on going this Halloween. It is my wife and I along with our 3 kids, ages 9, 12, 14. Just wanted to get some advice on where to camp and not miss the trick or treating. Everyone seems exceptionally nice as i have read through these forums. None of our close friends really go out riding so its always just us and our kids. We always have a blast, but its always nice to meet new people with similar interests We plan on taking the day off Friday and leaving early in the A.M. Any advice is welcome! Hope to meet some of you out there.

Thanks

For trick or treating, most people just camp hop, going to the camps that are decorated for Halloween. Some of the camps really get into it. Make sure to stop and trick or treat down Vendor Row, we will be having treats at the GTP Off Road booth on Saturday evening. Most start just before sunset and continue on until about 8:00ish.

As where to camp.. its pretty open. Some people like to be farther away from the dunes, because there seems to be less dust, some people like to camp closer to the dunes because they don't want to drive that far. It does get a bit soft up there though. Its a pretty big space, so just pull up where you are comfortable and enjoy the fun :) And Welcome to DDR!!! :)

Me and my sandrailers friends are gonna be near restroom #10. Purple sandrail with RED bull flag. Join the fun. 702-439-9097. Fastony

For trick or treating, most people just camp hop, going to the camps that are decorated for Halloween. Some of the camps really get into it. Make sure to stop and trick or treat down Vendor Row, we will be having treats at the GTP Off Road booth on Saturday evening. Most start just before sunset and continue on until about 8:00ish.

As where to camp.. its pretty open. Some people like to be farther away from the dunes, because there seems to be less dust, some people like to camp closer to the dunes because they don't want to drive that far. It does get a bit soft up there though. Its a pretty big space, so just pull up where you are comfortable and enjoy the fun :) And Welcome to DDR!!! :)

Thank you guys for the info! fastony, i just purhcased a new (for me) rail. Going to def look out for you to get some good places to go. Im the gonna be the guy with the aluminum bodied 5 seater that looks lost!

Sand chick, thank you for the welcome, ive heard vendor row is a great place to go, we will stop by for sure.

• Like 1

If you have a motorhome or 2wd tow vehicle, beware of random soft spots when looking for a camping spot.

Also, most people I know drive their kids around or ride to trick or treat. Walking around anytime, especially after dark is dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

I think alot of people will probably tell you to "come back tomorrow night!" lol

I'd have a hard time believing if someone who brought candy for trick or treaters would turn away a 6 yo and a 9 yo with costumes saying trick or treat because it didn't fall on the day voted on when it's actually Halloween. Just saying. And well if they did Chances are we wouldn't want their priceless candy........on Sat we'll be in camp handing out for all the other lil ones who either want 2 nights or the ones who didn't Sat night.

I'd have a hard time believing if someone who brought candy for trick or treaters would turn away a 6 yo and a 9 yo with costumes saying trick or treat because it didn't fall on the day voted on when it's actually Halloween. Just saying. And well if they did Chances are we wouldn't want their priceless candy........on Sat we'll be in camp handing out for all the other lil ones who either want 2 nights or the ones who didn't Sat night.

lol you're taking my post a bit too literal

And it has nothing to do with a vote. I'm just saying most people said they'll be doing it Sat night instead. It's not like the poll officially dictates anything anyways. ;)

• Like 1

And it has nothing to do with a vote. I'm just saying most people said they'll be doing it Sat night instead. It's not like the poll officially dictates anything anyways. ;)

Yes I just created the poll for so we could decide which night we would be hand out candy on vendor row. There is definitely nothing "official" about it :laughing: We wanted to take one night to go visiting and camp hopping to see our friends :beercheers: since after working all day, then by the time we would be done handing out candy to trick or treaters, we would be to tired to go visiting :yawn::sleeping: So Friday we visit and Saturday we hand out candy :grin:

Heading out tonight! Come on 6:00!!! :headbang1:

Edited by sand chick

All I have to say is. When I say the gust gonna blow ya better believe its gonna blow. Fri late night thru sat Morning and beyond was 35-40 mph gust. I saw a small family of mom dad and 2 young kids in a 8 man dome tent being blow to hell. Since I had a 6-8 man trailer rv. I invited them in to my rv. They were soooo happy. I put on some cartoons on a dvd . And they were happy. I'll be at Dumont this weekend again... in my purple people eater sandrail. Lolm

• Like 2