Oct 23-25 Report/Dumont to Shoshone

Landsandcrab

I wish I was there for Halloween but it's too fun where I live to miss, so I took off to do a group trip the week before. My buddy was able to make it out all the way from the southern low desert area/Anza Borrego but didn't bring out the 85 Toyota crawler, so we just kept it mellow by exploring the Tecopa & Shoshone areas. Of course a mandatory trip to the ol Crowbar! If you haven't checked out the Shoshone museum, it's a must. Good stuff, bet you'll see something you like. I bought a book one of my favorite authors wrote a decade or so back...Mr Bill Mann RIP, his guide books are the stuff, I've gotten to see so many amazing things and places because of this guy and his books. That's how I came across Dumont way back in 03. Anyway, i did get a good amount of dune riding in both days, the sand was amazing!!! It has been long way too long and it felt so good to ride those big boys and check out how my bike is running (she's frickin' running great) Good amount of people there...for a Thursday, it was surprisingly filled out with about 30 trailers or so.

The next day another buddy came in with his rail and bike then another with his bikes. They were just planning on doing a big loop on Friday and a bigger one on Sat...dual sporting it...but I had to head back for work before that. On a side note....the trip home took out my radiator!! That little sucker almost let me make it home...about 9 and a half miles from home with only 7 miles of free towing!! I'm not happy about it taking AAA 90 minutes to get there and still wanting to charge me for the xtra milege! Geeze Jerry!

Here's some pics of the fun, can't wait to go back! I may actually bring my wife next time!

20141023_095113.jpg

20141023_175109.jpg

Some people couldn't wait til the 31st!

20141024_102719.jpg

Dune food rocks

20141023_082345.jpg

The Crowbar

20141023_131728.jpg

Relics in Shoshone

20141023_133947.jpg

:hello:

Next time more sand! We were toying around with the idea of a SXS but just picked up a new Jeep TH instead! after the break-in is done the (little) dunes await. I'm only able to come midweek, anyone else ride DD "non-weekends"? I'd like to meet some of the other folks here one day. Maybe even get a ride in an awesome sand car?? :rockon: