Thanksgiving at Dumont

HelmetPigtails

We will be at Dumont for Thanksgiving with a group of friends. we will be pulling in late Tuesday night or really early Wednesday morning! Hopefully it will be as fun as Halloween! We will be doing Turkey, Ham and Chili and playing loud music and drinking when we are done duning for the night!!!

We will have both of our sand rails with us, so if you see either rail, say HI!

If anyone would like to join us, we plan to camp near Bathroom 10

Here are some photos of our trailers and rails if you want to look for us.

Enjoy and happy duning!

Tom and Bunny

post-8436-0-49319500-1415206016_thumb.jp

post-8436-0-36624200-1415206174_thumb.jp

post-8436-0-86914700-1415206195_thumb.jp

post-8436-0-93064800-1415206551_thumb.jp

post-8436-0-87099300-1415207283_thumb.jp

post-8436-0-18092900-1415207318_thumb.jp

Fastony, your welcome to join us and our group!

Bummer for anyone who can't make it out on such a great weekend!

And we will be at Vender row for sure. Need venders who sell VW Parts! LOL While Doghouse saved us last trip, we were lucky he had parts in stock as they are not stocking parts anymore, so we will have to find another source in Vegas or somewhere to get these must need parts UGH!

Last trip we did major damage to our engine, we floated our valves, dented a piston, cracked our head between the intake and exhaust, Valve seat came out, Lost a valve lash cap, rotor broke, cap cracked and lost our entire pulley system for our alternator and we forgot to put our gas cap on and lost it!

We bought brand new heads, brand new pistons and barrels, plugs, cap, rev limiter rotor (so we don't do this again), New lash caps, and everything else to put it back together for Thanksgiving! including all the performance machining for porting and polishing the heads etc.. We have everything back together and just found our rocker assembly is broke on one side, so we are on our way to replace those. total 1800.00 in engine damage, the experience, Priceless! it was the most fun we were having when all the damage occurred!

Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

we are starting to carry more parts for the VW cars. There are so many bikes and cars and motor options now it's hard to stock it all. We just got this 28Ft. trailer and It's already too small, So happy we didn't get the 24Ft we looked at. We still wouldn't have had basically a new motor though... :(

We will have belts, fuel pump, pulley washers, and some other parts that I can't think of right now for VW.

We have Heim joints, CV boots, grease, 930 Stub axles, Ball joints that would work on a variety of rails.

Along with all the SxS and ATV stuff we have.

We will be there selling Thursday and there Wednesday doing some riding.

• Like 1

on the VW parts, this is what we seem to drive all the way to doghouse for every year.

Belts, Pulley, Shims for pulley, the little half moon lock for the pulley. Fuel Pump (Halloween someone was looking for a fuel pump) FRAM HP1 oil filters, Oil, Cap and Rotor and valve cover gaskets. really that's about it!

Fastony, your welcome to join us and our group!

Bummer for anyone who can't make it out on such a great weekend!

And we will be at Vender row for sure. Need venders who sell VW Parts! LOL While Doghouse saved us last trip, we were lucky he had parts in stock as they are not stocking parts anymore, so we will have to find another source in Vegas or somewhere to get these must need parts UGH!

Last trip we did major damage to our engine, we floated our valves, dented a piston, cracked our head between the intake and exhaust, Valve seat came out, Lost a valve lash cap, rotor broke, cap cracked and lost our entire pulley system for our alternator and we forgot to put our gas cap on and lost it!

We bought brand new heads, brand new pistons and barrels, plugs, cap, rev limiter rotor (so we don't do this again), New lash caps, and everything else to put it back together for Thanksgiving! including all the performance machining for porting and polishing the heads etc.. We have everything back together and just found our rocker assembly is broke on one side, so we are on our way to replace those. total 1800.00 in engine damage, the experience, Priceless! it was the most fun we were having when all the damage occurred!

Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Tom, Bunny, glad you got things worked out from Halloween Trip. (I'm the guy with the vice), sorry to here about all the damage. I have one of those trips every year or so... We will be in same spot on T-day...pulling in on Mon or Tues.

Well since I have to work Friday/Saturday AND my wife & bro-in-law both work on Thanksgiving day, I've decided to bring my mom & sister out to the dunes for the day and join my dune family for the feast. It will be their first time to the dunes...ever! I'm pretty stoked and so are they. I plan on bringing my car to get a few runs in as well. :turkey:

• Like 3

Any groups out there with young kids mind another trailer in your group? Our usual group isn't coming this year so it'll be myself, my wife and our 3 yr old daughter pulling in Friday morning (28th) to Monday. Down to earth people, I'm a jet mechanic and she works for Metro. love to ride and have a beer around the fire. We'll have our hauler, RZR, and firewood. Would love to see my daughter get to play with some kids! Thanks and we'll see ya'll out there either way :)

Well since I have to work Friday/Saturday AND my wife & bro-in-law both work on Thanksgiving day, I've decided to bring my mom & sister out to the dunes for the day and join my dune family for the feast. It will be their first time to the dunes...ever! I'm pretty stoked and so are they. I plan on bringing my car to get a few runs in as well. :turkey:

Sweet!!!!

Any groups out there with young kids mind another trailer in your group? Our usual group isn't coming this year so it'll be myself, my wife and our 3 yr old daughter pulling in Friday morning (28th) to Monday. Down to earth people, I'm a jet mechanic and she works for Metro. love to ride and have a beer around the fire. We'll have our hauler, RZR, and firewood. Would love to see my daughter get to play with some kids! Thanks and we'll see ya'll out there either way :)

Do you work out at Nellis?