Is Dumont Going To Be Closed?

I am told by Cynthia Barrionton @ 202 208-6913 that the BLM has decided Dumont is closed because they (THE BLM) cannot protect the area or users. This is the biggest bunch of horseshit I have ever heard of. My suggestion would be to fire up the house of representatives and your Senators to get their heads out of their a$$es and get it fixed now.

But as of right now best info available is that you could get cited for going to Dumont although Glamis seems to be open working on that answer now.

Terry

• Like 1

just tried to contact senators... you can't do to government shut down.

I just talked to Joe Heck's office in DC. They are of the ilk that it's pretty much going to happen when it happens. Do you really think they give a sh*t about us much less a bunch of OHV users being inconvenienced ? Vote them all out!!

I am told by Cynthia Barrionton @ 202 208-6913 that the BLM has decided Dumont is closed because they (THE BLM) cannot protect the area or users. This is the biggest bunch of horseshit I have ever heard of. My suggestion would be to fire up the house of representatives and your Senators to get their heads out of their a$$es and get it fixed now.

But as of right now best info available is that you could get cited for going to Dumont although Glamis seems to be open working on that answer now.

Terry

They are never out there on non holiday weekends anyway. Especially this early in the season.

Law enforcement doesn't just "go away" they call for backup. Then they begin to get nasty...

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) there are 4 ways into Dumont. Not that hard to put up cones and tape at the 4 locations.

If this lasts till halloween, I'll be at the dust piles at Amargosa,

Closed or not, i'm going, and it will be like the Vetrans. http://www.stripes.com/news/wwii-veterans-storm-dc-memorial-closed-by-government-shutdown-1.244447

They can pay them for fences that are never there and pay for officers to keep people out, but not let people roam around freely like when its open?

Screw them, I'm going riding.

• Like 1

We can all meet up Fri the 25th on Blue Diamond and drive out together. Maybe we will have more of a chance of getting through if we are all together and show up in full force. Im in for sure. Or if you guys don't want to chance it lets all convoy to Glamis. We would have better chances in a big group IMO.

Since our trailer is parked next to our house I'll just go sleep in it and pretend I'm at Dumont. Get up early put a little fire in the can, then drive through the neighborhood in the Ranger. Either way I'm Camping a couple times this month! So there. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Jill. We will be heading out tomorrow morning. Would be great to see you and that old broken bastard you hang around with out there.

Will have to see? Have a couple things that need to be taken care of, but then again I mention ride/trailer time, it's on !!

If Not maybe the weekend after? Definitely Halloween and that will be a 4 dayer.

Edited by ~JILL~

Law enforcement doesn't just "go away" they call for backup. Then they begin to get nasty...

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) there are 4 ways into Dumont. Not that hard to put up cones and tape at the 4 locations.

If this lasts till halloween, I'll be at the dust piles at Amargosa,

Not that hard? You would think, but even when they have the work force they can not man each way. It would be easy to stop over night theft out there, but its to hard to imagine 4 people doing a job....lol....

Backup? it takes them 30 minutes to 4 hours to get to my place in town....and they have 7 people patrolling the command area. I bet if they call for back up....you could do a nice three day.....and leave before someone arrives....all they can do is spend tax payer money......(a lot of it by the time its over) to keep people out of a public land area that they paid to have access too....That will go over well.....

it would be a cool ticket to frame on the toyhauler wall. fined for "playing at dumont when the government was closed down" i tried to get one for flying a kite at pismo (guess it scares the dumb birds and is illegal) cop just waved as he drove past.

Yes I did. I have a friend who is a sheriff in Barstow and works the dunes. He contacted the chief at Blm. That's where the info came from.

That's the same place my info came from so apparently you didn't read the post?