Lil upset

Yesterday, my wife, father in law and a few friends went out on a quad run. We camp by bathroom #3. As they go over the first finger towards bathroom #5, some jackass grooved in a track into the sand. If you look at it, it looks like normal sand. Once you get to it, it goes down 3'. Well my wife and father in law it that groove. Wife came out with a bad bruise and father in law came out with a broken back. If the jack a$$ that build the track reads this, you need to learn about safety. It shpuld have been marked some way. It obvious that you should not be in this sport. You should stay at home and watch cartoons with your kids. Thanks for ruining my weekend.

Edited by tazz3069

I saw that kiddie track last trip. It was huge. Sorry to hear about the injuries. People aren't going to stop making them though. It's inevitable that they will appear out there. Just gotta be very much on guard when cruising the camp areas.

I saw that last weekend as well and took note of it for the future trips, since we have moved to camping by BR #3 as well. I remembered thinking to myself someone is going to het hurt on that, it was super deep! I am sorry that your family got hurt. :( I hope your father in law a speedy and full recovery! They are very dangerous! Like Pete said unfortunately they will always happen!

There were several things that happened this weekend that reminded us of why we enjoy vending on holidays, including children driving and doing wheelies in full sized sandrails, next to our camp and almost hitting myself and several others, while I realize this can happen on off weekends, it just seems like that kind of crowd hits ups the dunes on the holidays.

Kiddie tracks can happen any weekend even off weekends, we just have to keep our eyes peeled for them.

• 4 weeks later...

You can thank the lazy a$$ BLM. They get paid all this money, overtime, etc., to do jacksh!t. That is one of the things they are suppose to do. They are to level all the 3 wheeler tracks but they are too worried about the guy who lost his flag and want to ticket him instead of things like this that can kill people and the prick who has a 2000 pound buggy doing 50-60 by people's camps. I wish the BLM would either do their job or get the hell out of Dumont like in the old days.

You can thank the lazy a$$ BLM. They get paid all this money, overtime, etc., to do jacksh!t. That is one of the things they are suppose to do. They are to level all the 3 wheeler tracks but they are too worried about the guy who lost his flag and want to ticket him instead of things like this that can kill people and the prick who has a 2000 pound buggy doing 50-60 by people's camps. I wish the BLM would either do their job or get the hell out of Dumont like in the old days.

gee, i thought i was the only guy to complain about the blm and there priorities. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not the only one to complain about the way Barstow BLM handles the Dumont Dunes Area. They fired Don and Ellen for a couple of infractions but they would have done something about that hazard and probably prevented that injury. I don't look forward to Dumont ever getting back to where it was a few yeas ago. Thanks to the BLM for putting a women into the management position that hasn't got a clue where Dumont could be instead of where it is now.

Can you believe that she couldn't find a source for financing of the Dumont Clean Up because she didn't want to buy a few hot dogs and some water. Was it the overtime she would have to pay the folks that came out to help?????

Her comment as I hear it, was she couldn't find it in the manual, to pay for the clean up.

I've had it with Dumont management!

Edited by sandawg

There's a meeting in March and I suppose someone who was upset with things at Dumont could attend and voice those concerns? JUST A suggestion since it's always a quiet meeting with just the members of th sub-group, just maybe somebody might want to show up and tell them how they feel. I have been dog it fr 10 years and it's lonely on the table by myself!

• Like 1

Jim, I know you guys have to work but e mails, letters also work. The input from the users means more than me telling BLM over and over what the issues are. She becomes deaf to it in my opinion. So if your aving issues than speak up through the phone, letters or e mail or all of it. BTW we have had Saturday meetings in the past but because the public's turnout was so low it became non cost effective. There fore I have to be blunt and just say that it's your land that you have to fight to keep and use. You guys are going to get what you put in that's it in a nutshell. I do not believe she listens to the TRT at all.

Terry

Jim, I know you guys have to work but e mails, letters also work. The input from the users means more than me telling BLM over and over what the issues are. She becomes deaf to it in my opinion. So if your aving issues than speak up through the phone, letters or e mail or all of it. BTW we have had Saturday meetings in the past but because the public's turnout was so low it became non cost effective. There fore I have to be blunt and just say that it's your land that you have to fight to keep and use. You guys are going to get what you put in that's it in a nutshell. I do not believe she listens to the TRT at all.

Terry

There was like one Saturday meeting where there was very few attendance from the public. The first one I remember the BLM being fairly impressed and happy with the turnout.

Do you really think an overwhelming attendance along with phone calls and emails will have any bearing on the new management? Highly doubt it. I feel it's a lost cause.

I still commend and respect you standing up for the community though, Terry. It takes alot. Trust me, I understand what it takes. Just staying dedicated to running this site with little to no help often takes alot out of me.

There was like one Saturday meeting where there was very few attendance from the public. The first one I remember the BLM being fairly impressed and happy with the turnout.

Do you really think an overwhelming attendance along with phone calls and emails will have any bearing on the new management? Highly doubt it. I feel it's a lost cause.

I still commend and respect you standing up for the community though, Terry. It takes alot. Trust me, I understand what it takes. Just staying dedicated to running this site with little to no help often takes alot out of me.

Pete, I do think input from the users would be helpful. It allows me to go over her head with hard copies if I need to in order to get things changed. Because what we are doing is not working it's the only thing I can think of. If nothing else it can be used as a "vent" for you and the other users. As of now she has heard the same complaints from John and I so much it's falling on deaf ears. It is going to take the users input to put a foot in her a$$. You have nothing to lose by trying it. If anybody sends in an e mail a blind copy to me would be appreciated. All info will be kept confidential unless we have to go to war over her head.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, just about endo'd into one of those tracks myself this past week, about 2' deep way out east (past all the bathrooms).

It's pure laziness by the groups that let their kids create the ditches and just drive away at the end of the weekend. At the very least, they could take a shovel and fill it back in. It'd only take a few minutes.

It's just like the folks that dump their weekend's worth of garbage in the fire pit and drive off. Just no respect for anything and the next folks that come along.

And how hard is it to tie-down your trash bag in the back of a pick-up truck so it doesn't blow out on the way home. Must have counted five bags of trash on the way back to Vegas.