Death at Dumont?

Derblank

found out miner is a good friend of mine just talked to him. didn't know that was his screen name. he is a great guy and is doing good. he was riding with me and helped get me back to town when I broke my ankle. I think he has helped enough accidents at dumont for a few seasons not to have to deal anymore I hope!

I have to add another kudos to Minor! Its very few people that will actually help out in a situation like that.

Any idea on the guys name or what quads the others were riding? I read it was a green Kawai and I have friends that go out alot.

Here is some info on the victim from the San Bernardino Sheriff-Coroner's website....

Coroner Case 700705987--At 9:01 am on 08/05/2007, the California Highway Patrol received a 911 call indicating there had been a solo off road quad runner accident on the southern side of Dumont Dunes Off Road Recreational Area, north of Baker, CA. Paramedics pronounced Adam Guzman Jr, a 31 year old resident of Southgate dead at the scene. The CHP is investigating. [080607 0732 SY]

:(

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments I do appreciate them. It was tough for me to hang out and continue to help them after I knew he was gone but I just told myself that if it was one of my friends or family members that I would not give up on them. It was very surreal all day today almost like it never happened... odd I know. Thanks again for all the comments they really helped me.

Stuff always seems to happen out there when it is off season. Good to know you guys do your random rides...you always seem to have to help one way or the other.

Also teaches me, to never go out there without other people that can help out if you get stuck or injured.

This site and the people rule.

I have Sprint. It was weird I would have signal but the lowest possible, and when I would push talk it would take 15 seconds to connect but when it did i would have full signal on roaming of course.

I have Sprint. It was weird I would have signal but the lowest possible, and when I would push talk it would take 15 seconds to connect but when it did i would have full signal on roaming of course.

Wow, yeah...I'm real sorry to hear about this tragic incident. Thanks for helping all you could minor, like everyone says, most people would not even get involved to help.

I didn't see anything either, just the one from the moto track @ Sandy Valley.

Another at Sandy Valley???? That is like number 7 or 8 since they opened 3 yrs ago.

Good job Minor, I could only imagine.

Minor..........that's completely AWESOME that you would go to that extent in helping someone out espexially in that situation. I have had the misfortune of dealing with the deceased a few times and it never gets easier. But you were completely right in doing what you did. I like everyone else, would like to commend you on a job well done!!!!!!!!!! :blah::lol::blah::lol: It's people like you that make our beloved hobby that much better...................Thanks!!!!

Cheers to you............... :laughing:

Here is some info on the victim from the San Bernardino Sheriff-Coroner's website....

Coroner Case 700705987--At 9:01 am on 08/05/2007, the California Highway Patrol received a 911 call indicating there had been a solo off road quad runner accident on the southern side of Dumont Dunes Off Road Recreational Area, north of Baker, CA. Paramedics pronounced Adam Guzman Jr, a 31 year old resident of Southgate dead at the scene. The CHP is investigating. [080607 0732 SY]

:(

From Southgate.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sticking around Minor. It was my cousin that was killed in the accident on August 5th. Thank you for notifying my Uncle of the accident and of the outcome. We had no way of communicating with anyone of the guys that went to Dumont that day. It was truly a terrible day for my family. We really appreciate that you were willing to help. Ironically, my cousin's name was also Adam. My family Thanks you from the bottom of our hearts!! Adam passed away doing what he loved to do, which was ride the dunes. Everyone please be VERY CAREFUL when going riding. We will miss you Adam - Rest in Peace.

post-3127-1188535285_thumb.jpg

Thank you for sticking around Minor. It was my cousin that was killed in the accident on August 5th. Thank you for notifying my Uncle of the accident and of the outcome. We had no way of communicating with anyone of the guys that went to Dumont that day. It was truly a terrible day for my family. We really appreciate that you were willing to help. Ironically, my cousin's name was also Adam. My family Thanks you from the bottom of our hearts!! Adam passed away doing what he loved to do, which was ride the dunes. Everyone please be VERY CAREFUL when going riding. We will miss you Adam - Rest in Peace.

Welcome to DDR. So sorry it has to be on such a sad note. :(

My condolences to you and your family. Rest in Peace, Adam