Trip report March 23-28

19th_AT

Rolled into D Monday the 23 around 1430 or so and met up with my friends Chris and Randy. Got camp set up around # 7 and waited for some shade. It was warm but not too hot...around 86 I think . Anyways that evening we went for a ride and ended up being gone a long time. On the back side of comp, chris's vw rail got a rock or something stuck in the steering box. Thats right he was alllll nascar, drive fast and turn left !!! after many beers and hours later we got the front end pointed straight and cruised back to camp to call it a night.

Tuesday morning- fresh ground coffee and doughnuts for breakfast. Messed around with some solar panels I brought. I was testing a new 280w panel on an older 40amp xantrec charge controller for work. Got it all working and wired the charge controller into my trailers electrical system. Flipped on the inverter and like magic it kept my haier kegerator at a cool 34 degree’s the entire trip….draft beer anyone??? mid morning we hit the sand and rode and till late afternoon. It got HOT tuesday with no breeze, around 93. I have never seen the flies as bad as they were this trip but I had prob 20 houseflies in my camper tuesday afternoon. Around 3 we came back to camp and decided to take it easy until it cooled off a bit. I decided to start prepping dinner and the wind came rushing it. It blew all night long and into the early hours of the morning.

Wednesday woke up a bit fuzzy from all the beers due to the wind hibernation ! :) Had eggs, bacon and coffee for breakfast. Then chris and randy took off to Pahrump for some stuff they forgot. Think it was around 1130 that Rbohning came roaring into camp with his giant motorhome and trailer. Met him and his dad then watched netflix while they got camp setup. Around the time they were done getting things set up, chris and randy got back from pahrump. Big shoutout to doghouse repair for those oil return inlets !!! Anyways we all got suited up and went for a ride. Rbohning officially ruined riding quads for me personally at this point. His LS1 rail is a sand cadillac riding on air ! That ride was a blast !!!!! After a long hard ride we came back grilled up some awesome steaks and hit the beer keg pretty hard that night. We ended up just drinking and hanging out by the fire jamming music till probably 3am that night.

Thursday….Ugggg wake up brush teeth, drink a coffee, took a short ride and then drank a beer. Its the only thing that would help recover from wednesdays night festivities. Think we woke up Rbohning’s dad a time or two from some...errant, perhaps stray fireworks, that were in no shape or fashion, directly related to us or our camp ! I swapped out the 40 amp xantrec charge controller for a 15amp MPPT one, and what a difference it made. I figured that the 40amp one would suffice but the MPPT 15amp spanked it hands down in preformance. After that is was sandwich time and geared up for a ride. I rode the raptor out and followed everyone kinda hanging in the back. About mid way through the ride I realized I was by myself…..whoops. So I stopped, shutoff the motor and could hear everyone a short distance away. I hoped back on and rode over to comp, only to stop and listen for everyone again….This time they were back on the other side of the dunes. This went on for a couple times until I just went back to camp and met everyone there for a cold drink. It was hot and the flies were out again. It was at this time that Rbohning and I laid the smack down on everyone else at horseshoes !!! Champs, thanks to Rbohning mainly although I did have a few good shots in there. We fired up the grill and had an awesome dinner of pork tenderloin, washed down by plenty of beer. Didn’t really night ride but plenty of camp antics were had that night.

Friday fresh coffee and a honey bun ! Yeah a camping tradition. it was a lazy start again but hey Im on vacation right? Got strapped up and got in a good mid morning ride. We made it to both poles and checked out the mailbox. Someone left a warm coors light in the south pole, drink it if you dare. Checked out the north pole and all the memorabilia left behind there. Then it was off for brats and cheese dogs for lunch. We squeezed in another long ride before heading back to camp to party one last night. Things got a bit out of hand but the keg kept pouring strong ! Had some hawaiian bbq ribs that night along with crockpot potatoes, carrots and onions. Sry you missed out on the ribs chris, we tried to wake you.

Saturday we was cleanup camp and eat snack bars and coffee for breakfast. Went on one last ride before it was time to pack up. My buddy todd had been having issues with his oil/gas mix and had just changed plugs on his banshee. Guess he forgot to tighten one up because, it shot out way on the north side of the dunes. Thankfully the plug was still attached to wire and we made it back to camp. I pretty much got loaded up and headed back north. Thanks to everyone who came out it was a great trip. Cant wait until novemeber !

• Like 2

I was out there over the weekend and had problems with the flies too...I dont ever remember having so many flies around. Great trip, but it was too hot, went through my my beers quickly. Saturday, late afternoon saw an ambulance transporting someone to the heli pad. Was wondering if anybody knew what happened???

• Like 1

An intoxicated RZR driver decided to turn around at low speeds at the top of comp. He failed, rolled several times. He used his left hand to stop the roll (which always works) while still seated in the drivers seat. He had a good compound fracture. He was patches up on the hill by a few bystanders and pick up by the ambulance.

HAHAHAHa

Here is another awesome pic with the dunes in the background. If your still suffering from my party pic, try eyebleach..LOL

post-7395-0-86519600-1428368676_thumb.jp

Edited by 19th_AT