Dune in June 2015

dunefreak

We've decided to postpone since nobody else seemed to be able to confirm except for dentboy and myself. So I guess it may be the 14th or 21st. We'll watch the weather and pick a date that works as it gets closer.

I'm still waiting for a couple parts. Thought I was going to get it done today (Saturday), but couldn't make what I had work.

I am doing a NXS Design Long Travel. This kit is 5lbs heavier then stock, but I am also doing Billet Aluminum hubs that are 2 lbs each lighter then stock. So overall i'm going to have a lighter, Stonger, Wider kit. Can't wait to try it out. I got the back tires on today but I need to adjust the camber once I get it all on the ground.

I also took the cheesy plastic Exhaust cover off, and added a new one, with custom powder to match.

I'll do a full write up soon in a more appropriate thread... :)

PS... Really hoping for the 14th....

post-7315-0-98620300-1433648487_thumb.jp

post-7315-0-71237800-1433648495_thumb.jp

It's only 1-2 degrees cooler on Saturday. It does look like it's going to be warm, but we won't be there during the middle of the day for that heat. Should be out of there by 11 AM. Chad and I are shooting for this Sunday. My part came in so I should be good to go. Just gotta round up a flatbed now.

My part came in, and it's off at powder coating. If I get it back from powder I will be all good. I have to set camber and Toe, but that shouldn't be too hard. I'll have plenty of time Saturday to mess with it.

I also have to get a trailer, might be going to Boulder City to buy one.

So is this mostly guys going? or are wives/kids? And another note where can i get 110 fuel and how much do you think i will need? This will be the first time out with the new car.

Karl you can get the 110 at the Rebel Center just off of the 15 on Sahara. Its right across from Sahara Rv. They are only open Monday thru Friday and close early at like 4pm. I would fill your car and bring some extra..

@SandJoker, ill be keeping my 3yr old at home for this one, she loves riding but I can't go as hard with her and these are usually rather fast paced, ride ride ride and go home days lol. Wife might come.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

summer runs are usually fast passed, and they can be dangerous. We rode the dunes in April I think and they were pretty different and weird already.

I got the trailer thing dealt with. I'll be using our vending trailer or a buddies trailer that he got from Trailers plus on Nellis. I was just there today, but I can't decide what trailer I want to buy. For now i'll just have to settle for borrowing. Thank you for the offer @@DuNe~Rydher

Edited by Adam @ GTP Off Road

No need to meet up first. Let's just meet out there across from bathroom 10 area at sunrise (5:20 ish). It's fairly hard packed there just in case someone doesn't have 4WD. The camp area gets really soft in summer.

C-6 area

grid-map.jpg