Accident at comp saturday night, Prez Day weekend

White Rhino

Anybody have any news on the bad accident at comp sat night?? Looked horrible looked like people ejected ? Saw flight for life come in after.

Hope everybody is ok. :(

I saw the accident happen it appeared the driver pulled his turning brake? At the top and over compensated causing a roll and then an end over end roll.

It looked VERY violsnt as the rail was hauling when it happened.

Anybody have any news on the bad accident at comp sat night?? Looked horrible looked like people ejected ? Saw flight for life come in after.

Hope everybody is ok. :(

I saw the accident happen it appeared the driver pulled his turning brake? At the top and over compensated causing a roll and then an end over end roll.

It looked VERY violsnt as the rail was hauling when it happened.

Prayers to those involved, hope they are OK...

It was my rail I'm fine my daughter is also fine we both had 5 point restraints on and had them tight thank fully they did there job! It was defiantly a rear brake malfunction the cause my rail to hook hard to the left I was not using the cutting brake. When the car started to turn to the left I released the brake and hit the gas to try and straighten the car out but the left rear brake caliper must have been much have still been locked up causing the car turn faster! The rest was a blur! Anyway I would like to thank all the helped!

Edited by Olmtowing

Shane (Olmtowing) is at home now and his daughter is ok too. She was also wearing her helmet. Both were belted in and nobody ejected.

He's a good friend of mine and I was camping with him and his family this weekend. I talked to Shane's mom today a couple times and she said his car was sliding from a brake malfunction he tried to correct but could not control the car and flipped when it hit a big rut on comp hill. I will see him tomorrow, i wanted him to rest and figured lots of his friends were at the hospital so i just kept in contact with his mom to make sure he was ok.

I showed up Sat morning and left Dumont Sat around 6pm because there were too many people and the sand was tore up very bad. If anyone has a video post it up.

Im not sure what make the car was but I know redline built the turbo rotary 13b motor. It was a long travel rear engine 2 seater. It had a ton of power and pulled the front tires on the flats.

Edited by nwtdiesel

Thanks again everyone DDR's are the best! I still can only see out of one eye from the sand that got in them I should be 100% in a few days lol! I know I was a little off on spelling earlier! Anyway if anyone found and bags of tools, straps, helmets or anything else that's not theirs please let us know my friends and family lost a lot of these items in the chaos! And would like to see any videos if anyone has any thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone DDR's are the best! I still can only see out of one eye from the sand that got in them I should be 100% in a few days lol! I know I was a little off on spelling earlier! Anyway if anyone found and bags of tools, straps, helmets or anything else that's not theirs please let us know my friends and family lost a lot of these items in the chaos! And would like to see any videos if anyone has any thanks!

Thanks to everybody who help my family Saturday night. One of the scariest things I have ever been through. Thought my brother was dead when I pulled up to him. As you can see my niece and him are doing fine. Big thanks to all the people who helped get the rail back and loaded up for us. Knowing him he will probably be making a game plan to fix it tomorrow morning..

We did loose a few things when our friend tipped my RZR backing down comp hill. I lost my tool bag (small black with ratchet set compressor ect.) and a black and gray HJC helmet. My brother lost a tool bag as well. Who knows what else if anybody can just hit us up I'll be more than happy to come get it all.

Thanks again for everything!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you're both ok, I saw it happen it was pretty violent.

On a side note to this accident, did anyone else that saw the aftermath of this notice how HORRIBLE the law is at driving!? I watched a law man in a rail roll up to the accident from the right, went up above but didn't come stright down at the wreched rail like you're suppose to when you want to stop on a hill...instead he STOPPED compeltly sideways on the hiil directly above the downed rail. He then proceeded to slide downhill sideways, I thought for sure he was going to roll right into the people trying to help. I watched probably 2 other people do this. plus the poor family members friend cut the wheel while hauling in reverse and rolled.

Im glad everyone involved is ok. if you're trying to help some one...good on ya. but be safe doing it, don't cause another accident!

I'm with Shane right now and he is doing good. One eye is purple and shut and the other eye is blood shot red. Nobody cleaned the sand out of his eyes for hours.

The patrol didn't strap him in the car and he was flopping all over the place when they were taking him to the ranger station. The driver was hauling a$$ across the whoops cauing Shane to hit his chin and teeth on the patrol sand rail bars. Now after he heals up he has to go see the dentist. He was trying to hang on while in pain and asked the driver to slow down but he didn't.

Yep we just left the hospital from seeing him, neither were ejected and both have bruises from seatbelt restraints.

The best scenario is nobody gets hurt at all...however if someone does get injured. I am glad to hear that they are restraint injuries.... BTW, Kudos for having a helmet on your little one, glad you are doing well.

• Like 1