Dumont entrance road updates

dunefreak

Contrary to mdthlfa, I came in last week and really got beat up by the washboard conditions. I left on Oct 1st and it was a 15 mph trip for me in my truck and 26' toyhauler. I've seen it better. But then mdthlfa has a rig that will smooth out the road to hell!!! :laughing::headbang1:

I think the grader never saw the road. I think it was there to smooth out the gravel they dropped at the ranger site :DDRrocks:

Like I said Pat, "lot's see how long it lasts." I left on the 30th and it was an "A", you left after the Halloween rush was coming in. Probably got beat up pretty badly! :blink: You are right about the grader being there for the new ranger pads, at least that's what Don and Ellen said. Thought Don might have sneaked out in the early am with the grader!?!? Oh, that's right!!! BLM won't let him grade the road anymore!! :slap:

Like I said Pat, "lot's see how long it lasts." I left on the 30th and it was an "A", you left after the Halloween rush was coming in. Probably got beat up pretty badly! :dunno: You are right about the grader being there for the new ranger pads, at least that's what Don and Ellen said. Thought Don might have sneaked out in the early am with the grader!?!? Oh, that's right!!! BLM won't let him grade the road anymore!! :dope:

BG, I guess the regular grader is broken and they woUld have to rent one. So with no water in the River they would have to drive to Shoshone for a partial load of water. They can't fill up all the way.?????

thanks for the great week!!! dunefamily lost his brakes on the way in and didn't get there until the day you left. I found him and we met! Left before the South Pole meet and greet so didnt' meet anyone else! :dunno:

• 1 month later...

BG, I guess the regular grader is broken and they woUld have to rent one. So with no water in the River they would have to drive to Shoshone for a partial load of water. They can't fill up all the way.?????

thanks for the great week!!! dunefamily lost his brakes on the way in and didn't get there until the day you left. I found him and we met! Left before the South Pole meet and greet so didnt' meet anyone else! :slap:

the damn grader wouldnt be broken if don wouldnt have to continually use it to get the :clown: :beercheers: conservation core continually unstuck in OUT OF BOUNDS territory :laughoff:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going in on Thursady the 8th is seemed like a C- but coming out an Saturday the 10 th is was a B+ cruised at 25 to 30 out!

If you were able to cruise at 25-30, then that would be an A according to the "gauge" we were going by at the beginning of this topic. ;)

• 3 years later...

It was pretty rough going in last thursday but going out Sunday was pretty good. Took the M/H out at about 20 without any issues other than the dust which is kind of hard to delete since it is in the middle of the BFE desert!

• 11 months later...

There was a discussion awhile back about building some sort of drag that would live out there and people could volunteer to drag it up and back now and then to help knock the wash board down. I think we should look in to this again if they aren't going to grade it as often. I get out early in the week most of the time and wouldn't be any big deal to run the drag up and back. Wonder if Blm would be ok with that?

• Like 1