BLM sub Group meeting Sept. 8th 2015

ynot

ATTN: PLEASE READ COMPLETE POST!!

CALIFORNIA - BLM Announces Dumont Dunes Subgroup Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

The Dumont Dunes Subgroup to the Desert Advisory Council (DAC) has scheduled a public meeting for Tuesday, September 8, 2015, at the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Barstow Field Office, 2601 Barstow Rd, Barstow, CA 92311 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

The meeting will provide the public an opportunity to participate in subgroup discussions related to BLM management of the Dumont Dunes Recreation Area. The Dumont Dunes Subgroup discussions and public involvement assists the BLM in managing the recreation area.

The Dumont Dunes Subgroup operates under the authority of the DAC and provides input to the BLM regarding issues pertinent to the Dumont Dunes. The Subgroup complies with federal regulations and the Federal Advisory Committee Act, which governs such arrangements, and is comprised of individuals who represent:

California OHV interests
Nevada OHV interests
OHV organizations
San Bernardino County
Biological/science issues
Local communities

If unable to attend, individuals are encouraged to submit comments to Katrina Symons, BLM's Barstow Field Office Manager, at the address listed above or participate via a call-in line at: 888-769-9414; passcode: 59812. The latest news regarding the Dumont Dunes is also always available at: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/dumont.html.

Thanks in advance and, as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact BRC.

Ric Foster
Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 107
10:00AM

Edited by ynot

• 2 weeks later...

Please read this;

I attended the sub-group meeting and don't have a lot to report other than we are getting a machine that is called a "Road Groom" This machine can be pulled behind a regular 1 ton truck and will take the high points off the road along with bringing back in the sand and gravel that has accumulated on the sides of the road into the dunes. The machine is expected to be in service hopefully by January 2016. The road until then will be graded just prior to the Holiday weekends using the usual road grader method.

Also just so everyone knows, I have submitted my resignation from the Dumont Dunes Sub-Group effective immediately. Since I am not going out to the dunes, I felt it was in your best interest to find a duner to fill the position. The position requires that you be a resident of Nevada. To submit a resume and application send it via e-mail to SRazoBLM.Gov.

It has been my pleasure serving on the sub-group and I hope that someone who truly cares about Dumont will put in an application.

Terry

Edited by ynot