March 22-23, 2014 weekend pics/ reports

dunefreak

Got there Friday night, did a heat cycle run on the bike. Hung out with Doug till bed time.

It was pretty busy out there for sure.

Went on a morning ride today.... Saturday, and the bike said NOPE... Towed the bike back to the truck before 10am and headed home.... :(

Turns out the head builder didn't tighten the Decompression assembly thinking I was going to remove it to install the cam sprocket... which I don't. So, the cam chain broke and all the valves hit the piston. Piston is ok, only one valve was visibly bent but yeah, changing all 4. Think I got most of the parts out of the case. Head builder is paying for the parts needed to buy and sending me valves from his shop.

The New truck has plenty of power but the trailer was being all twitchy and unstable. On the way back I unhooked the weight bars and that seemed to help quite a bit. Coming back down Potesy it was windy so that didn't help. Little disappointed in the fuel mileage as I only got a 8.1 and the F150 would do 8.2 - 8.5. I guess that's what I get for 35s and a lift though.

Got there Friday night, did a heat cycle run on the bike. Hung out with Doug till bed time.

It was pretty busy out there for sure.

Went on a morning ride today.... Saturday, and the bike said NOPE... Towed the bike back to the truck before 10am and headed home.... :(

Turns out the head builder didn't tighten the Decompression assembly thinking I was going to remove it to install the cam sprocket... which I don't. So, the cam chain broke and all the valves hit the piston. Piston is ok, only one valve was visibly bent but yeah, changing all 4. Think I got most of the parts out of the case. Head builder is paying for the parts needed to buy and sending me valves from his shop.

The New truck has plenty of power but the trailer was being all twitchy and unstable. On the way back I unhooked the weight bars and that seemed to help quite a bit. Coming back down Potesy it was windy so that didn't help. Little disappointed in the fuel mileage as I only got a 8.1 and the F150 would do 8.2 - 8.5. I guess that's what I get for 35s and a lift though.

that was a long tow back.....never thought that little rope would hold up but since it did I might get one now....unless a tow rope is bad luck.....I was hoping mine didn't over heat towing you but made out ok, fan didn't even come on. Travis banshee held up all weekend and for the first time ever he didn't even break out a tool box. Last run of the day today I ran my quad out of gas about 100 yards from the north pole haha....and another first...it was me running out of gas and not travis on his banshee. thank goodness for reserve. totally sucks you didn't get to stay and ride and try out your new mods...hopefully it's only what you mentioned already and didn't screw the head up any and at least he's paying for the damage caused.