Its Official! 2015 Dumont SxS Wars January 9th!

Life Begins At 30psi

2015 DUMONT SxS WARS!!!!!!

When: January 9th2015

Where: Dumont Sand Dunes – Banshee Hill

Activities: Side by Side UTV Drag Races at Banshee Hill

Full Timing and Light System w Cameras

Classes to be announced (Unlimited, Pee Wee, Etc)

Fun for the whole family

Cash prizes to be awarded for the winners in each class

Here is small list of the companies already involved: HAWK Engineering, GTP Off Road, Devious Power Sports, Addict Racing Engines, Fuel Customs, Fireball Racing, Fullerton Sand Tire, One Stop Performance, D&M Racing, API, Queen Racing and a whole lot more….

For more info contact Matt Ling 559-312-6312 or Lingercod@gmail.com

post-3-0-66747700-1418707765_thumb.jpg

Edited by dunefreak
banner added & date updated
  • Like 1

I'm interested in covering this for Sand Sports. Would I be able to get access for photos?

Hey Neal. I was going to contact you about this but I was waiting til after the sand show. I knew you were busy. We were hoping you would want to cover this event.

Here are the proposed classes. I am sharing this from the facebook page Matt put up.

OK guys I have been speaking with as many people as possible to get the classes figured out.
Let me know what you think:
0-800cc OEM (exhaust, suspension, etc. Pump gas only)
0-800cc w power adders (turbo, nitrous, any fuel)
801-999cc OEM (exhaust, suspension, etc. Pump gas only)
801-999cc w power adders (turbos, nitrous, etc)
1000cc and up OEM (exhaust, suspension, etc. Pump gas only)
1000cc and up w power adders (turbos, nitrous, etc)
Builders Class (all stock Z1 swaps, stock turbo, no internals, studs ok)
Swap Class (Weber, Z1, Apex, Nytro, more details to come..)
Unlimited
Pee-Wee (my favorite)
If you are running above 1000cc's you are in the Unlimited class. If we have enough N/A Big Bore's I think we should create a class for them. Yes, the new Maverick will be in the 1000 OEM class.
Again, these are the preliminary classes. Please provide positive feedback to enhance the classes or to rearrange them but at some point we have to nail them down. For this first event I really just want to appeal to as many racers as possible. What we learn from this event will be applied to future events.
Now for the entry fees. All class entries are $45 per entry. The Unlimited class entry will be $150 with 100% payout. All participants will receive an event T-Shirt and I am hoping to have enough sponsors to provide payout to ALL classes.

I know the 1000 models are not exactly 1000cc's. This is for classes only.

OK good! I'm very interested in covering this. BTW, I have great shots of you, Adam, and Steve in Idaho. I've been holding them back as Sand Sports is working on a project for the Invasion. I'll have some of them available for you guys to check out soon. I don't know which of my work they are using yet. Just so you know, I haven't forgotten you guys.

So just to be the devil's advocate, who's going to these vehicles? If I pull up and say I have a stock vehicle but have really got a modified internally vehicle how are you going to know? The only reason we asis back in the day when the Jeep club was running stock, modified and unlimited classes we always had at least one fool who would either get in a lower class or get caught with a cam etc.Of course we could hear a cam by pulling a vacuum line. How are you going to tell on these type of vehicles? I have no dog in the fight I just know there are some that will cheat even if it's just a small change to win.

• Like 1

OK good! I'm very interested in covering this. BTW, I have great shots of you, Adam, and Steve in Idaho. I've been holding them back as Sand Sports is working on a project for the Invasion. I'll have some of them available for you guys to check out soon. I don't know which of my work they are using yet. Just so you know, I haven't forgotten you guys.

Cool. I Can't wait to see them. I want to get back up there on an off weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so we have 2 events---9th and 23rd of Jan???

no from my understanding, the one that was the weekend of the 23rd was moved up to the weekend of the 9th because BLM made a mistake and booked the SxS event on the same weekend as another event(I'm wondering what this other event is). So they were forced to move it. SxS wars will be on Friday and FSA will be on Saturday the weekend of the 9th now. This will be a huge weekend of racing with SxS's, Four stroke and 2 Stroke quads. If you've ever seen the Four Stroke races, it will be pretty much the same setup for the SxS wars as he will be using the equipment from Tom(FSA). Biggest bummer of it all is now they moved it close to New Years so peoples pockets may be a little thin to attend. The weekend of the 22nd imo would have been much better but BLM seems to have a knack for placing the dates of these types of races either the week before or the week after big weekends lately, surely doesn't help attendance but it seems a lot of sxs's have registered.

Edited by flavtfan

Hello to all. I apologize for my absence on this site. Yes, BLM overbooked for the original date. Yes, I agree, I would like to know what other events do they have booked that take precedence. All I was told is that they were annual events and they have priority. Trust me, its a whole lot easier to stick to the original date for me too. Yes, this event is being held on a Friday because Tom is running on Saturday. I am trying to get these events going and also trying to gauge the response before I book an entire weekend for SxS's only. That is the ultimate goal obviously. I am open to any suggestions that you feel might help the event run smoothly and be as much fun for EVERYONE as possible. We will have a tech inspection for the guys that are worried about the cheaters.

Please realize this is the first event that I have put on and I am doing this as a volunteer just like the people that have stepped up and asked to help. ALL the money I have raised is being paid out in banners, trophies, prize money, permits, insurance, paramedics, etc.

I look forward to seeing and meeting as many of you out there as possible.

My name is Matt and you all can reach me at 559-312-6312 if you have any questions.

Thank you.

If you start on Fri, they may make it up the hill by the end of the weekend :beerpint: J/K, had a blast out there last weekend in the XP, couldn't imagine how much cheddar / effort it takes to make these truly fast. Good luck with the event :thumb:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...