Its Official! 2015 Dumont SxS Wars January 9th!

Life Begins At 30psi

Posting this for Matt.

Anyone that will be racing at the SxS Wars at Dumont please email me or message me with the class you are going to race in. I want to start on the ladder. The sooner I get this info the sooner we can all start racing in that day. We will all still need to sign the waiver at the FSA trailer that morning.
My email is lingercod@gmail.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt is just getting started with the SXS races and is doing one heck of a job, but with that he is using the Four Stroke Association's equipment who is running on Saturday. From what I hear Matt is in the process of acquiring his own equipment, so then he will be able to have the races on days he wants if that happens.

^^^ x2 and even with it being on a Friday it sounds like the turnout of racers is gonna be quite large....hearing if this one goes well there will be possible future events at dumont, glamis, smnv, and st Anthony.

Man i'd love to get out there tomorrow to see some of those cars, like Greg Biffles Pace Cars...Should be a fun event and look forward to attending in the future when they hopefully aren't on a work day. Props to Matt and everyone involved to get this going.

That's too bad. This is not a good way to help an event grow. Not everyone is on FB, Instagram, etc these days. Forums are still the go-to spot for specific dune info. I would think the event promoters would want to get the pics, videos and general info of how it all went posted on here. Maybe they're just busy.

That's too bad. This is not a good way to help an event grow. Not everyone is on FB, Instagram, etc these days. Forums are still the go-to spot for specific dune info. I would think the event promoters would want to get the pics, videos and general info of how it all went posted on here. Maybe they're just busy.

matt the organizer wasn't leaving Dumont until today, I left sunday since it looked like the rain wasn't going to stop. most of the vids and stuff posted were from the spectators at the races. I know UTV underground has a few things out...the event had a professional film crew there that will be posting a video once all the editing is done. They were putting go pro's on a lot of the cars in some pretty cool places like the roll cage looking in on the driver during the race, the suspension....the had them all over the place. Matt also had a personal film person that will be editing a vid. the event definitely had some growing pains with the brackets and just a steep learning curve with putting on an event like this. A lot I'm sure was learned, I know they already talked about trying to get one in glamis around march, greg biffle even offered to have the road back to the hill at glamis bulldozed smooth to get the equipment out there once cleared by BLM. I wish I had more official results but I do not...I do know that K&T, PACE, and API all had some fast cars as well as RPM, Boondocker, and a few others I'm forgetting. Kong was a bit slower than I had anticipated and I'm sure they will get it worked out. hopefully they get some good feedback from the racers, but all racers need to understand they can't have a bunch of classes just catered to them, they need to build for the set classes to keep the event going, otherwise it will be nothing but builders as your normal everyday joe cannot afford to build crazy stuff.

Edited by flavtfan
  • Like 1