Paddles

Bigedmond

I know most of you guys will be like DUH when it comes to paddles and the dunes. But finally got a chance to test out my first ever set of paddles on my RZR this weekend in Armagosa. I have been riding out there for years, and this is the first ever set of paddles i have ever owned.

Picked up a set of Skat Trak 9 paddle rears and smoothie fronts. HOLY CRAP. Normally i would just air down my tires and i could get around pretty easy. Definetly new what my limitations were when you can feel the tires digging in, but with paddles.... I would be doing 30 near the top of a dune, and could just push the go peddle more and it would push me back in the seat. With the old setup at Armagosa, in the flat area to the south of the dunes, 30 would be almost floored and could feel the tires digging in. With paddles was crusing at 45, and thanks to the paddles and Upgraded Walker Evens shocks was like butter. Now kicking myself on why i waited so long.

Now to get to Dumont and have fun.

Attaching a pic from today at the top of the 2nd highest dune at Armagosa, most people that have been there will know which one it is. The other is out in the flats when i was 14 showing you how long i have been riding out there. Yamaha 200E shaft drive ATC. Rolled that bike down the tallest dune out there that weekend destroying the racks. I jumped high side and no injuries, but she started right up and made it back to camp no problem.

post-8701-0-13803200-1414393735_thumb.jp

post-8701-0-75818300-1414393736_thumb.jp