the positive things from your Halloween trip

dunefreak

1BADYFZ started this last time and it seemed to work. I thought we needed this since most everyone only wants to complain about the problems at Dumont lately.

Just wanted to start a positive thread since all end in someone complaining about something or how the little'st things bother people and end up in a bashing . Fee's,Road.s,Rules,Wind..

So here it goes for me....

-getting at least ONE really good dune ride in

-getting to meet up with my "dune family" and hanging out with everyone again

-being able to enjoy a small camp for a change :ban-split:

-knowing that my woman had a GREAT weekend with me :D

-having one of those "moments" while out on a ride in the midle of the dunes where you take a deep breathe and realize why you love duning so much

-cruising through the aisles of comp and having so many fellow dune friends stop you and say whats up

Those are just a few but the most important. :banghead:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-having one of those "moments" while out on a ride in the midle of the dunes where you take a deep breathe and realize why you love duning so much

I have to agree with this one :blink: .

I started riding last year on Halloween and it has changed so much in my life over this past year :ban-split: .

Having my own truck out for the 1st time :pissed:

:banghead:

Actually the whole weekend was great :MBdance: minus my girl didnt get to ride with us :(

* got to do damn near a whole day of riding :hello:

* cold beer at night by the fire :dance:

* Hanging out at comp at night with friends :banghead:

* waking up step outside to the smell of race fuel :idea:

Like i said the whole weekend was great!! :fro_smokin:

First time at dumont :banghead:

Had a good time

We alway's enjoy camping with Ed and shelley :dance:

Nice to camp with mark for the first time :D

The boy's really got to ride this trip which was great for them.

Comp was alittle crazy but nothing any differnt from what I have seen growing up in Cali during my high school day's.Saw it,did it,over it :D

And alway's having a good laugh on my hubby's account when he get's so mad when his bike won't work :idea: And come to find out you only need gas to make it run :hello::MBdance::lol:

To sum it all up it was a good weekend,it will be nice to try it on a off weekend :thumb:

Finding that the further back from the fingers you are...the better the view is...majestic!

1st trip of the new season and not ejecting from the bike. Actually rode pretty good!

missing the meet and great because...well we were on a kick a$$ ride that just was not going to stop!

Realized my nephew was a hardcore rocker....hats off to you Jake.

Spending time with my wife, kids & friends doing something that most people in the world could not even fathom. And will never experience.

well i just want to say thxs to everyone one at s&m motorsports who we camp with and did my motor on my banshee i just wish it would have ran better but i guess with 85hp at rear wheels with 2 of everything i came home sat night time to rebuild carbs and stuff but other then that a friend of mine to see his face never been to dumont on a holiday he wanted just to run up the dunes it was fun

Not to sound too old but being a dad of three boys it's amazing to watch there riding levels accel by each trip to the dunes. They are 14, 12 & 11 this weekend was there first ever with a paddle on there bikes after 4 years of complaining about soft sand and two wheels. It was also the first time we parked indasand because the boys had paddles. Anyways they did great through the dunes (way up north) no complaints and they don't want to go back to dirt tires and don't want to camp indagully anymore. Hat's off to my kids they made my weekend a proud one.

Having my daughter go & have a blast with the new rhino I fixed up for here with all the bling bling & big stereo. :afro:

I will post a pic of it later it turned out real nice.

Watching my 17 year old jump 150 ft plus on his CRF 450, but kind of nerve racking!!! :idea:

Having my 12 year old son & his buddy go non stop on there quads to much fun!! :MBdance:

Spending time with the family & friends just doesn’t get any better :dance: :thumb::lol:

The wife didn’t make this trip thank god the dust would have kicked her butt. :(

High speed runs thru the dunes in the morning before rush hour traffic what a rush!!! :hello:

Does life really get any better? :banghead:

Edited by X-5

This was the best trip I have ever had at Dumont.

Great freinds

Lots of laughs

Lots and Lots of Great food

Meeting new friends!!!

Being at Comp with all my Dune Family Rocks!!!

My Wife and Kid had a Great time which makes me have the BEST time!!

GREAT Weekend!!!!!

1). No one hurt / no wrecks

2). Hard quad ride in the dunes

3). New Rhino :banghead:

4). Night time trail rides :hello:

5). Riding Rhino after "break-in" period :thumb:

6). 1st Halloween trip

7). :idea:

8). Realizing Thanksgiving is right round corner!!!

:MBdance: :dance:

1st time riding in a rail - very fun and crazy, too!

Dressing up our dogs in costumes for Halloween (although they didn't enjoy it as much)

Going for a ride early Monday morning with hardly anyone riding :D

Having a BIG A$$ circle of trailers!!!

Getting a new Dodge Flag for our truck and parading around camp with all Fords :banghead:

The new Vendor Row - great for Christmas shopping! :idea:

Very fun weekend - can't wait to go back!

Guest Crasher

Seeing all of my friends!! :MBdance:

Hanging out with my husband :thumb:

Going on a good ride with the girls!! (Even though we all got kind of beat up!) :idea:

Decorating the camp/trailer (even though we hardly had any trick-or-treaters)!! :dance:

PEOPLE WATCHING!! :hello:

Just getting out to Dumont to do what we love to do! Awesome weekend!! :banghead:

well , let me think !

1. first time out in two years for the family [ they loved it ] :banghead:

2. first time with new hauler [ bad a$$ ]

3. paul , cole , and ryan with too much food ! trying to make me plumper . haha !!

4. 36 beers gone saturday nite [ the wife claims that I drank ] :MBdance:

5. my 10 year old rode more this trip , than the last 3 times he was out put together !!!

6. great friends

7. Alyssa's first dune trip [ my 3 month old ] she did great !! hell yeah !! :idea:

8. other kids got along , they didn't kill each other

Edited by powerhouse

What a great weekend

no drama in camp :MBdance:

kids had a great time tranpoline did its job again

great to hang out with dune family again what a great group to camp with :banghead:

got in a couple of runs with the rail

drank way to much beer :idea:

love Dumont can't get enough

:hello: :dance: :thumb:

Seeing all of my friends!! :dance:

Hanging out with my husband :wub:

Going on a good ride with the girls!! (Even though we all got kind of beat up!) :MBdance:

Decorating the camp/trailer (even though we hardly had any trick-or-treaters)!! :grin:

PEOPLE WATCHING!! :lol:

Just getting out to Dumont to do what we love to do! Awesome weekend!! :idea:

Started out loading the Trailer with my Husband :wub: we were Laughing and having a good time.. Then off we went to Dumont!! Took us 3 hrs to get there?? took a MIN. to find camp with the dust and all. Un Loaded, Hung out by the camp fire w/friends,went to bed.. Saturday Morning Our Son got up before us, and already had the bikes unlocked :dope: an gear on ready to ride!! :hello: he was sitting on his bike waiting for Dad. "Hurry Dad" :lol:

My uncle brought his Sandrail out this time and he asked me if i wanted to go for a ride I never road in one so I had a blast :banghead: Thanks Uncle Ted!! redlineboats.com

My son and I went for a ride in the Rhino out to Comp Hill and Just sat there watching the Rails,Bikes Shoot the Hill.. He said MOM when do you think i can ride up there?? I told him when he gets older and it was'nt such a Busy Weekend?? We talked and just hung out, helped me Find some friend at other camps. Thanks Baby.. :idea:

We went to comp hill Saturday night. All I Can say bout that is WOW~~ Never Seen it that packed in the 5 years we been goin...

It was a Awesome weekend!! Can't Wait till Thanksgiving!! :thumb:

well , let me think !

1. first time out in two years for the family [ they loved it ] :headbang1:

2. first time with new hauler [ bad a$$ ]

3. paul , cole , and ryan with too much food ! trying to make me plumper . haha !!

4. 36 beers gone saturday nite [ the wife claims that I drank ] :beerpint:

5. my 10 year old rode more this trip , than the last 3 times he was out put together !!!

6. great friends

7. Alyssa's first dune trip [ my 3 month old ] she did great !! hell yeah !! :headbang1:

8. other kids got along , they didn't kill each other

number 4 happened to me once :drunk: or twice or maybe more times :ninja:

Edited by warrior07

Here's just a few

-Getting to say this time just like everytime I leave Heaven (Dumont) that it was the betst trip ever!!! :beerpint:

-Having a Great camp with Great people :laughing:

-Eating like I was at a Five star reasturaunt :headbang1:

-Meeting kick :laughoff: people for three days straight

-COMP!!! That one word should explain that one :drunk:

-Loosing the Flatbill on my hat...... Wait i found it :headbang1:

-Came home walking, barely but i was still doing it

-it was fun looking for my drinking limit but still not finding it:beerpint: :ninja: I could have sworn i left it out there a few years ago??? :laughoff:

Goes on but getting put on the spot here I can't remember them all :laughoff:

- Bike ran all weekend without blowing up or overheating once!!!! I gotta get used to the 2 stroke thing... when you wring their neck they like it... my old bike didnt like it when i rang its neck..

- Great peeps

- Comp

- I got waaasted... that usually doesnt happen

- Weird and quiet

- Catfood is delish - thx tiff!!

Guest Crasher

- Bike ran all weekend without blowing up or overheating once!!!! I gotta get used to the 2 stroke thing... when you wring their neck they like it... my old bike didnt like it when i rang its neck..

- Great peeps

- Comp

- I got waaasted... that usually doesnt happen

- Weird and quiet

- Catfood is delish - thx tiff!!

You're very welcome Nick!!! Anytime. Mmmm.....nothing like catfood (corned beef hash) at the dunes.... :headbang1::headbang1:

well not my finest weekend but certainly not the worse

good things

good freinds :headbang1:

new freinds ( dave and tina) :headbang1:

couple of good rides :drunk:

nobody hurt :ninja:

meeting ddr peeps

being able to help freinds

i have to say though columbus day was epic hard to beat that weekend :beerpint: