Not a good 1st trip out

dunefreak

Here's the pics of JJ's sandrail. He just bought the car and brought it out for it's maiden voyage. As he came down this hill....

(note you can kinda see his tracks on the far right)

post-3-1136176927_thumb.jpg

...the car slid sideways and pitched in a way where the left front tire just stuck in the sand and flipped the back end of the car right over. Luckily everyone was ok. The car sufferred some damage, but can be fixed.

post-3-1136177228_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136177251_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136177286_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136177311_thumb.jpg

Sunday morning they managed to get the roof back to almost normal for now. I couldn't beleive how straight they were able to get it! :flipoff: They just used a bottle jack and some wood and look...

post-3-1136177400_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136177433_thumb.jpg

Don't worry everybody, he's gonna fix it right though. That was only a temporary fix to be able to go cruise around a little bit.

JJ, sorry about the rail. That really sucks, but like we said before- cars can be fixed or replaced and people can't. I am glad you and everyone was okay. :thumb:

JJ's kids were the first ones to get back in that sandrail.we were all still shooken up by what just happened and the kids were crawling right back in their seats! Those kids are hardcore! :flipoff:

haha u should see jr in the garage.. first thing he gets on is my quad and makes revvin noises... hahaha its quite entertaining

Let me just say thanks to everyone that was able to help out. The only thing I was worried about was the kids. The buggy just like anything else can be fixed. I learned my first newbe lesson, DONT let off when the a$$ end starts to slide out, get back in it to straighten it out. Lesson well learned, the car was handling so well, just got over confident.

So now I need a good fabricator and some new powdercoat. Anyone know of a good place in town? I also need a new trunk/wing built. Glad to see it was built well enough to protect us.

I will definately add B pillars since I will have to re-powdercoat anyway. Thanks all.

Edited by lvnalolife

Yo JJ,

Give Kevin Bunderson a call, that should be a piece of cake for him.

I take it your new car is not chromolly? Pretty SCAREY cage damage! I rolled my last car

doing a photo shoot with Michael Sommers from Sandsports Magazine, I also had no B pillars, but suffered very little damage to the (chromolly)cage! If it is mild steel, and you have children, you may also consider cross bracing the roof?

Take care dude! Safety First!

Here is some crappy photos of the pictures he took in action, no cage damage, just powdercoat, lights, etc...

post-195-1136333604_thumb.jpg

post-195-1136333642_thumb.jpg

post-195-1136333680_thumb.jpg

Sorry the quality sucks! The pictures are clear, but I guess a pic. of a pic. is not so cool!

OUCH...

Wasn't to bad! Scared the sh*t out of the photographer though (He was shakin like a whore in church). We dusted the car off, picked up all the loose pieces and continued the photo shoot!

Those kids are "tough like beef jerky"(qouted from Hella Paul) gives new meaning to takes a lickin and keeps on tickin...

They are tough :laughing: , both of them have been going to Dumont sice they were only a month old. They always rode in Grandpas Tatum Sand Demon buggy. So pretty much they have sand in their blood. They are great! :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I am dropping off the buggy this weekend to Josey @ Sick Sand Travel. He is going to add B-pilars, some crossbracing in the roof, and some misc supports, not to mention changing aroung the bar behind the front seats to get some more back seat leg room. Hopefully I will have it back and all together before I go out on Feb 3rd Weekend. Wish me luck. :huh: