When's your first trip of the 2016/2017 season?

sand chick

planning on a morning/day trip that same Saturday or Sunday dependent on the weather, little shake down run. First camping trip will be halloween.

I get to go test the new X3 Saturday Oct 1st!

I bet that Ace had its moments, but you're going to have a blast in your new ride.

Sent from the dune in front of you

Landsandcrab, if you can, I'd wait til next year. Polaris will be forced to step up more than just HP to compete with the new Can Am X3. Can Am will be in year 2 of the X3, and will have whatever bug arise this year worked out. Arctic Cat is said to be releasing something all new as well...Not to mention Yamaha is still up and coming. In a nutshell, competition in the SXS market is bigger than ever and should make next year very interesting!

Sent from the dune in front of you

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I made the right chice with the 2017 yxz 1000 Yamaha. I started out with a blaster, then banshee, just sold my yfz 450 last week. Yamaha machines have always been good to me. whatever you choose I am sure you will have a blast.

• Like 1

post-8769-0-50892800-1475349009_thumb.jppost-8769-0-07347500-1475349075_thumb.jppost-8769-0-24013500-1475349113_thumb.jppost-8769-0-25778400-1475348240_thumb.pnpost-8769-0-94755700-1475348270.jpgI have never been to Dumont on Halloween, so looking forward to it. still waiting on new truck. my palace will be staying home but rented u haul trailer to make the trek, and staying with friends from Vegas out by bath 3. its a love hate deal but want to go rip up the dunes in the new toy. Yamaha says 20 hour break in period, so im going to do a lot of putting around Edited by nas6car

• 2 weeks later...

Went to DD Wednesday-Friday. Didn't do much duning as the group trip in October is more about dual sporting around the DV area. In 3 days we did 400+ miles. In the little time I did ride the dunes it was great, sand was a bit "rippled" and rough from wind but also smooth and flat in most areas. Trash was a disappointing sight, not much but more than expected. Bathrooms seemed clean but that's expected. Great weather!!! Almost no wind, just warm enuf' without being hot (high 80s), great crew of 10+. Sperry Wash is great, hardly any water though. Entrance road was so nice it almost seemed paved! 

One trip down, 5-6 to go!!

• Like 2