Film crew currently filming at Dumont

dunefreak

They are filming a film called The Uberkanone. I had the picture of the plane up here as well but the executive producer emailed me and kindly asked I remove it at least until they run their publicity campaign. Their props are apparently a big secret for now. She told me she'd send me links and images as the filming progresses. She was really nice although NE14SAND had a different experience with the crew out there when he stopped to take a couple pics from a distance. They wanted the pix deleted immediately and tried to grab his camera or phone when he didn't do so right away.

Ok, I understand wanting to keep things secret, but if you are in a public place, you will run the risk of having your secrets exposed and the public will take pictures. I understand asking people not to post them online, but don't try and take someone's personal equipment.

Just my :2cents:

Ok, I understand wanting to keep things secret, but if you are in a public place, you will run the risk of having your secrets exposed and the public will take pictures. I understand asking people not to post them online, but don't try and take someone's personal equipment.

Just my :2cents:

Amen!!

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to one of the crew, they said it was a WW1 film, but that's all the information. Looks pretty cool.

Here is a link I found online about the movie...

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/chris-klein-victoria-summer-star-wwi-thriller-uberkanone-215608791.html

Edited by sand chick

My friend Homer & I took the guy that designs the planes for the movie and his camera man for rides over to and then up comp hill in our rails. The camera guy had never been in a rail and he had the time of his life. The designer also had a hell of a ride and it was new to him too, but he had no stomach for blasting up comp hill or coming down it without brakes. Then later I took another crew member up comp hill and Homer took another crew member also. We were drag racing up the hill and about 20 feet from the top, my throttle stuck at full throttle (sand in the Morse cable).

I turned and shut it off and my turbo objected loudly to this and it busted my header. I knew this, but my passenger didn't. As we coasted down the hill he said 'why's the engine so quiet?"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...