Is Dumont closed during the shutdown

ynot

"the land is public land and not closed, but the recreation part is closed"

what this mean is... the bathrooms will not be serviced, the road is rough, there are no emergency services from BLM onsite.

the BLM agent is on Furlow, but working anyway to get the word out. You do still need a pass, and all Laws in regards to drinking, and helmets all still apply.

I asked about vending and was told, he was told to NOT check vendor permits. This can change, and the Department of the Interior website states vending on Public land is suspended during the shut down. So... for Halloween it all depends on who is out at Dumont for crowd control/ support. I was told that either BLM will be there, if the shut down is over, or the sheriff or other law enforcement will have to be out there. IMO, this may mean limited emergency assistance, and some crowd control but there will not be just left unsupervised for the holiday.

If there is a ranger out there, and hes checking passes (While on his "freetime" cause hes a good guy i suppose. will the machines still be on to buy passes? how do we go about keeping "legal" then?

I'm not buying a season pass yet, but im still going.

Terry I copied your statement and posted it on Ridenow Boulder's Facebook page as they all thought Dumont was closed. Manager over there said she would be out Halloween with the RZR 1000 if anyone wants to take a gander.

Edited by ~JILL~

I hope all this is.cleared up before halloween weekend. I did see a ranger leaving as I was entering Dumont on sat. I had last seasons pass in case they gave me a hard time. I also made sure I had a flag on my truck. I was out there for a specific.purpose and only a very short time. It was a beautiful.day out there

• Like 1

the machines we on when we went by. We were told that all laws and rules were still enforceable by the BLM agent we talked to in the dunes. Dumont is his area. Helmets, drinking, all that.

I do believe he said that passes were still required, along with OHV registration. We did see BLM there Friday, and Sunday driving around checking bathrooms. On Friday he was going camp to camp.

the machines we on when we went by. We were told that all laws and rules were still enforceable by the BLM agent we talked to in the dunes. Dumont is his area. Helmets, drinking, all that.

I do believe he said that passes were still required, along with OHV registration. We did see BLM there Friday, and Sunday driving around checking bathrooms. On Friday he was going camp to camp.

I got the information on the passes from the Chief ranger out of Barstow BLM office. Pat told me no services provided no fee demo required. I will stand on that.

wait wow what? no passes required YNOT?

hmmm ok now I am confused

I got this from a government web site. If they are not providing services they cannot receive income;

per fee demo web site, show me where there are 6 services being provided that you would have to pay for if BLM is not there to provide them;

More and more people recreate on national forests and grasslands every year. Meeting the increasing needs of these visitors, delivering quality recreation, heritage and wilderness opportunities, and protecting natural resources has become challenging.

To help address this issue, President Bush signed the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (REA). The Act permits federal land management agencies to continue charging modest fees at campgrounds, rental cabins, and at day use sites that have certain facilities. The Act defined the following fee categories:

Standard Amenity Fees

Examples

: Picnic areas, developed trailheads, destination visitor centers

Explanation

: Typically, standard amenity fees are day use fees, often covered by a day or annual pass. Each site or area must contain six "amenities," which are picnic tables, trash receptacle, toilet, parking, interpretive signing and security.

Expanded Amenity Fees

Examples

: Campgrounds, highly developed boat launches and swimming areas, cabin or lookout rentals. Services like hookups, dump stations, special tours, transportation systems and reservation services.

Explanation

: Provides direct benefits to individuals or groups.

Special Recreation Permits

Examples

: Shooting ranges, special events, specialized trail systems

Explanation

: Permits are issued when extra measures are required for natural and cultural resource protection, or the health and safety of visitors. They may also be used to disperse recreation use or help ensure that the number of visitors does not exceed the capacity of the land.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM, terry allen@saxbyscoffee.com <terryallen@cox.net> wrote:

As of my conversation with Barstow's chief he told me no services no fee required. Would be a good fight if it came to it in court.Can't see how Mike. You can call the Federal BLM law enforcement office at
202 208-6913
and ask Cecilia to have the local El Centro chief LEO call you as you have questions.

• Like 1

I might be a little behind on this,so bare with me.I got a group text from a friend,and it was pic of a posting by dumontduneriders.com/invision.It said that the restrooms are unlocked as of Oct 13.I don't have a trailer so i was gonna buy a porta.I could not find the posting in the forums that my friend took the pic of.Is this for sure?thank you.