Nightdrags trip report

aceisback

Damn I had a good time out at DUMONT this weekend!!! :driver:

Had to work all day saturday. Picked up RaptorMike and his trailer at 6pm, had to swing back by the house and pick up my flag and jammed out the road....Got so excited I flew right passed ISBB at the chevron and got to the last gas station down the road and called him up, "where you at man!?!" lol

Rolled into camp around 9pm unloaded the bikes, grabbed a few beers and headed out. We were on a mission to find Smokin Al's and get some grub before he headed out. Thanks again for coming out and bringing the killer food guys! :idiot:

I decided to see how my qwad did on the hill and spent about 45min racing everyone that pulled up....Man what a blast! the bike ran great and i thought a beat quite a few people up the hill.

now here's the chitty part. went back to the hang out to chill for a bit, then decided to go race again... first few laps bike ran great, then I started to notice it getting louder.....I thought EFF it, I probably just blew the packing out of my pipe... then I noticed it slowing down, people i was beating before were smoking me and the bike started to sound like a two stroke.....oh chit.... went back to the hang out and found that I cracked my header pipe about two inches back from the head, hoping I didnt over heat the exhaust valves but I think it will be ok....time to get a new pipe

went back to camp and got some more grub and started tripple fisting beers till I climbed back into my truck for bed...man was I exhausted! Left around 730 on sunday, got home and unpacked by 930 and slept for another 4-5 hours.....

BEST TEN HOURS I'VE EVER SPENT AT DUMONT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my story, called:

Sean's Sh*tty Sunday.

Sunday morning was great, went on a good ride with Tami and everything went good loading up.

It all started with me being a nice guy and stopping to say goodbye to the guys in camp. Well, as I was leaving, I got 30' away and the "One Wheel Wonder" as someone put it started to dig in. So after a lil' pushing and digging and not getting anywhere, Pete was able to borrow Jakster's truck and pull me out. A Huge thank you to all who helped and Jakster and Pete for using the truck.

Ok, so moving on. I get to end of the entrance road and stop to check everthing as I always do, walk around to the front and see some liquid. :( . My effin radiator sprunk a leak. It's ok, I got plenty of water to get home. Walk around the trailer and check the quads and everything looks good.

Get to Baker and stop to check the leak and one final check of the trailer. I look at the left wheel of the trailer and "Oh My Effing God", all 5 nuts are at the end of the studs, the studs are ground down to about 1/4" around, the holes on the rim are twice the original size. Another 5 miles and things would have been devastating.

I go to the tire shop down the street and use the guys wrench to get the wheel tight to the hub to make it drivable around town. He tells to go to the Baker Garage which doesn't open till 11am, it's 10:15. Thank god the weather was beautiful and wasn't 900 degrees like normal.

Were calling everyone I know who can help us out if need-be and line up some back-up plans. The guy gets there and says he doesn't have a rim, doesn't have a hub, and looks around for 30 mins and finds 1 stud. Long story short, I drop the trailer, drive to Barstow, stop at 3 places and found some studs which barely worked, didn't find a rim. Get back to Baker and spend another hour getting everything put together with a little ghetto rigging.

I left Dumont at 9:30 am, Got home to Ontario at 6:30 pm. My final thought, :beer_bang: sunday.

As for the time at Dumont, it was a blast. There was a ton of people at the hill just camping there, almost looked like a regular season saturday night at comp. We camped and partied in the big circle. Dunepred, those tacos were killer. The LTR was slow, I lost every race, I need better paddles and maybe a turbo just to keep up with some guys.

To all the complainers, start your own thread please. :censored::driver:

Thank you again to the guys who helped me get unstuck, that wasn't embarrasing at all for me. :laughoff:

Next time, give me a call, I live in Apple Valley and could have been at your location in about an hour with what you needed, the local Wal Mart stocks trailer tires pretty cheap including all the :rolleyes: Tire shops around me. I would have hauled you to Ontario, my parents live down there and work in Rancho Cucamonga, so that would have been no problem. I was sitting at home with the family sick with a stomach flu, so really had nothing else to do. The good thing is that has passed and now your home in the A/C :idiot:

Next time, give me a call, I live in Apple Valley and could have been at your location in about an hour with what you needed, the local Wal Mart stocks trailer tires pretty cheap including all the :beer_bang: Tire shops around me. I would have hauled you to Ontario, my parents live down there and work in Rancho Cucamonga, so that would have been no problem. I was sitting at home with the family sick with a stomach flu, so really had nothing else to do. The good thing is that has passed and now your home in the A/C :driver:

Thanks man, that's good to know. :idiot:

My tires were fine, I needed a rim as the lug holes were "reemed" out. I forgot all about wal-mart, although I hate going there for anything. It was stressful, but all you can do is suck it up and do something to get it fixed.

I had a buddy in Vegas who was going to be driving through later that day, we were going to strap the trailer on the back of his truck, I had a few back up plans in place.

Might I have found the very 1st post b!tching about trash??? Nov 27 2005 http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...p?showtopic=119

:think:

:beercheers:

ooooo, you just might have!!!!!!!! And your point is what?...that you have no life?

I started that thread in Dumont Issues as a topic of it's own to talk about the trash out there that weekend. I didn't throw it right in the middle of a trip report. Get over it and try to stop taking jabs at people on the site. As admins, we don't tell people that you aren't allowed to b*tch about stuff on the site. Start a thread of your own and b*tch away. I just won't click on it and read any of it.

ooooo, you just might have!!!!!!!! And your point is what?...that you have no life?

I started that thread in Dumont Issues as a topic of it's own to talk about the trash out there that weekend. I didn't throw it right in the middle of a trip report. Get over it and try to stop taking jabs at people on the site. As admins, we don't tell people that you aren't allowed to b*tch about stuff on the site. Start a thread of your own and b*tch away. I just won't click on it and read any of it.

I guess everyone is over it... I think we should start a topic on everyone's opinions :shots::beerpint::beercheers::dolphin::think::barf::bday:

1 topic per opinion lol

.. if the post anoy then put them in a diff earea or dont read but there is alot of hostility on this board when it comes to opinions :drunk:

:clown: Capt

Say what ya want couse I know in October we will drinking and running together.. Sho Fire away... Other than that

I like PIZZA!!!

:think:

:beercheers: Is that a jab at me????? I feel that it is :drunk: ....

The point, since it seems everything needs to be spelled out for people on here...is that the trash discussion has been going on for 4 years the same :shots: BS every season and nothing every changes and it still keeps coming up, what is the point in whining about it after every trip??

Seems like a lot of people are being overly sensitive and getting a$$hurt over nothing. A lot of this thread, just about the entire front page, was already whining about trash, not like I was the 1st to throw it out there :beerpint: . Maybe all those posts should have been moved to their own thread :dolphin: .

I was thinking that we should do some DIRECT LINKING TO THE DUMONTDUNES.COM site .. and really post up some stuff... then if everyone gets upset... at least it was expected...

MUahahaha

Capt

Not to :beercheers: but...........................ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went on a ride this morning with the KLLM's. Coming back they were at the bottom of banshee hill picking up trash. So we went over and helped. All I have to say is that the people that feel they can leave their sh*t every where and not pick up after themselves is just disgusting!!!! It makes me wonder how gross your homes and cars must be. I don't know if it's lack of respect, a crappy attitude or just plain ignorance!!!!!

Things like this just give the greenies more ammo to get our riding places closed. People that do stupid things like this are probably the first A-holes that will be crabbing when fees go up, more restrictions come or just closing Dumont for good. I have to ask, is it that hard to throw your garbage in the bed of a truck before you leave the hill????

On a lighter note.................Had a great time and it was great to see everyone. Special thanks to Smokin Als for coming out!!!!!

post-184-1249856016_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856066_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856134_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856208_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856254_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856358_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856423_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856477_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856516_thumb.jpg

hey nut, I went dunning monday morning and the only two bikes there were ours. I could tell the drags were nice cuz there was still tracks in some parts of the dunes. Banshee hill was tore up so you guys had a great time I could tell. What I couldnt believe was the trash I found in my favorite bowl (you know the one on the way to the n pole I always stop at) and at the pole itself! The same kind of beer cans as in your pics as well as 16 heneken bottles, yes thats right bottles! Needless to say my recreational ride turned into a trash collection on a bike that uses $26 a gallon for gas (mrx01) not what my plan was. So there we are myself and my buddy (his first time ever seeing dunes in his life) and we are picking up other peoples trash! And why? Because if we dont the greenies will take over and no more dunning. If thats what all you people want then tell me now so I can sell my sh*t and take up another sport!

So I want to come up with plan to help stop this before I just give up on the whole dune thing. If we post pics in the mag of these people the greenies will have access toit as well and use it against us, so what can we do? Punch them in the mouth? That brings us down to thier level. What about citaitons from the rangers for trash? That won't work either not enough agents to do it, so what do we do before Dumont closes down? If you people think that will never happen YOU ARE WRONG, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW CLOSE THAT IS TO BECOMMING A REALLITY, REMEMBER IT IS IN cALIFORNIA NOT NEVADA AND THE GREENIES RUN WILD IN cALI.

NEXT UP FOR DUMONT IS THE 2 STROKE LAW, ITS COMMING FOLKS BEWARE! :lol:

as long as 2 strokes are grandfathered in its all good :P

I HOPE THEY OUTLAW ALL OF THEM. METHANOL CANS LEFT AT THE DUNES AFTER THE DRAGS ARE FROM 2 STROKES NOT 4 STROKES. NOT SAYING 4 STROKE PEOPLE DID NOT LEAVE TRASH, THEY DID AS WELL I AM SURE. BUT LEAVING AN EMPTY METHANOL CAN AT THE DUNES ARE U EFIN KIDDIN ME? THEN YOU PEOPLE BLAST WINGNUT FOR MAKING THE COMMENT, LET ME HAVE SOME OF THE BAG YOU ARE ALL SMOKING(PEOPLE WHO LEFT THE TRASH AND MADE BAD COMMENTS TO WINGNUT). I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THE PICS AND IT SEEMS NO FIGHTS, NO ISSUES WITH OTHERS (EXCEPT RANGERS) SO YOU ALL HAD A GOOD TIME AND BECAME FRIENDS IF YOU DIDNT KNOW EACH OTHER ALREADY, YET YOU ALL LEFT THE TRASH! i WAS NOT THERE, I DIDNT LEAVE IT, BUT I SURE AS HELL PICKED UP TRASH FOR TWO HOURS ON MY MONDAY AM RIDE. IT WAS DISGUSTING, MORE TRASH WAS IN THE DUNES THAN I HAVE SEEN AFTER A PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND AND THEIR COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE THAN 200 TO 300 PEOPLE THERE FOR THE NIGHT DRAGS COMPARED TO TENS OF THOUSANDS AFTER A BIG WEEKEND. AND TO BOOT NO DUNE "NEWBIES" WERE AT THE DRAGS THAT NIGHT. IT CONSSTS OF MOSTLY DIE HARD RACERS AND DUNERS THE ONES THAT SHOULD FEEL LIKE WINGNUT AND I DO BECAUSE YOU ALL GO TO THE DUNES FREQUENTLY LIKE US. IT AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE SAY IT WAS'NT ME, AND IF I COULD ASK EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE THEY WOULD ALL SAY "WE DID'NT LEAVE ANY TRASH". WHAT KIND OF PERSON THAT RIDES A 2 STROKE BELIEVES THAT A METAL METHANOL CAN IS BIO DEGRADABLE AND IS OK TO LEAVE AT THE DUNES? SO WINGNUT YOU ARE RIGHT AND ANYONE THAT BASHES YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS HAS THERE HEAD UP THERE A**, AND IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN THOSE OF YOU THAT BASHED HIM PROBABLY LEFT THE TRASH OR WHY WOULD YOU BE SO BUTT HURT FROM HIS COMMENTS OR MINE. I HAVE NOT BEEN DURING THE SEASON NOW FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW AND THIS ONE OF THE REASONS. I AM A OUT OF SEASON DUNNER AND GO 2 TO 3 TIMES A WEEK IN THE SUMMER FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS AND THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST CONDITION THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN THE DUNES LEFT IN. NUT IS RIGHT YOUR HOUSES MUST HAVE PILES OF sh*t BUILT UP ALL OVER. SO WINGNUT TAKES THE TRASH HOME AND PUTS IT OUT AT THE CURB, THE TRASH MEN CAN'T TAKE A GAS CAN IT'S NOT LEGAL TO DISPOSE OF THEM THAT WAY SO HE HAS TO MAKE A SPECIAL TRIP TO DISCARD THE CANS ON HIS DIME AND YOU PEOPLE BUST HIS BALLS? MAYBE WE NEED TO FORWARD ALL OF THESE POSTS AND PICS TO THE BLM AND THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SHUT DOWN THE DUNES AND LET THEM DO IT, WILL THAT TEACH ALL OF YOU WHO LEAVE TRASH A LESSON? IT HURTS OUR LOVE OF THE SPORT AS WELL AND EFFECTS ALL OF US WHO ARE NOT DISGUSTING PIGS LIKE YOURSELVES SO AT HTIS POINT WHAT DOES IT MATTER! YOU PEOPLE KEEP DOIN THIS THEY WILL FENCE IT AND CLOSE IT ANYWAY. SO IN CLOSING YOU KNOW WHO ALL OF YOU ARE THAT LEFT A MESS BEHIND FOR WINGNUT, MYSELF AND OTHERS WHO CARE ABOUT THE PLACES WE RIDE. I DIDNT HAVE TO STOP AND PICK UP YOUR TRASH BUT I DID LIKE I ALWAYS DO ON THE CHANCE THAT IT HELPS KEEP IT OPEN FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY.

I HOPE THEY OUTLAW ALL OF THEM. METHANOL CANS LEFT AT THE DUNES AFTER THE DRAGS ARE FROM 2 STROKES NOT 4 STROKES. NOT SAYING 4 STROKE PEOPLE DID NOT LEAVE TRASH, THEY DID AS WELL I AM SURE. BUT LEAVING AN EMPTY METHANOL CAN AT THE DUNES ARE U EFIN KIDDIN ME? THEN YOU PEOPLE BLAST WINGNUT FOR MAKING THE COMMENT, LET ME HAVE SOME OF THE BAG YOU ARE ALL SMOKING(PEOPLE WHO LEFT THE TRASH AND MADE BAD COMMENTS TO WINGNUT). I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THE PICS AND IT SEEMS NO FIGHTS, NO ISSUES WITH OTHERS (EXCEPT RANGERS) SO YOU ALL HAD A GOOD TIME AND BECAME FRIENDS IF YOU DIDNT KNOW EACH OTHER ALREADY, YET YOU ALL LEFT THE TRASH! i WAS NOT THERE, I DIDNT LEAVE IT, BUT I SURE AS HELL PICKED UP TRASH FOR TWO HOURS ON MY MONDAY AM RIDE. IT WAS DISGUSTING, MORE TRASH WAS IN THE DUNES THAN I HAVE SEEN AFTER A PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND AND THEIR COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE THAN 200 TO 300 PEOPLE THERE FOR THE NIGHT DRAGS COMPARED TO TENS OF THOUSANDS AFTER A BIG WEEKEND. AND TO BOOT NO DUNE "NEWBIES" WERE AT THE DRAGS THAT NIGHT. IT CONSSTS OF MOSTLY DIE HARD RACERS AND DUNERS THE ONES THAT SHOULD FEEL LIKE WINGNUT AND I DO BECAUSE YOU ALL GO TO THE DUNES FREQUENTLY LIKE US. IT AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE SAY IT WAS'NT ME, AND IF I COULD ASK EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE THEY WOULD ALL SAY "WE DID'NT LEAVE ANY TRASH". WHAT KIND OF PERSON THAT RIDES A 2 STROKE BELIEVES THAT A METAL METHANOL CAN IS BIO DEGRADABLE AND IS OK TO LEAVE AT THE DUNES? SO WINGNUT YOU ARE RIGHT AND ANYONE THAT BASHES YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS HAS THERE HEAD UP THERE A**, AND IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN THOSE OF YOU THAT BASHED HIM PROBABLY LEFT THE TRASH OR WHY WOULD YOU BE SO BUTT HURT FROM HIS COMMENTS OR MINE. I HAVE NOT BEEN DURING THE SEASON NOW FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW AND THIS ONE OF THE REASONS. I AM A OUT OF SEASON DUNNER AND GO 2 TO 3 TIMES A WEEK IN THE SUMMER FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS AND THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST CONDITION THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN THE DUNES LEFT IN. NUT IS RIGHT YOUR HOUSES MUST HAVE PILES OF sh*t BUILT UP ALL OVER. SO WINGNUT TAKES THE TRASH HOME AND PUTS IT OUT AT THE CURB, THE TRASH MEN CAN'T TAKE A GAS CAN IT'S NOT LEGAL TO DISPOSE OF THEM THAT WAY SO HE HAS TO MAKE A SPECIAL TRIP TO DISCARD THE CANS ON HIS DIME AND YOU PEOPLE BUST HIS BALLS? MAYBE WE NEED TO FORWARD ALL OF THESE POSTS AND PICS TO THE BLM AND THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SHUT DOWN THE DUNES AND LET THEM DO IT, WILL THAT TEACH ALL OF YOU WHO LEAVE TRASH A LESSON? IT HURTS OUR LOVE OF THE SPORT AS WELL AND EFFECTS ALL OF US WHO ARE NOT DISGUSTING PIGS LIKE YOURSELVES SO AT HTIS POINT WHAT DOES IT MATTER! YOU PEOPLE KEEP DOIN THIS THEY WILL FENCE IT AND CLOSE IT ANYWAY. SO IN CLOSING YOU KNOW WHO ALL OF YOU ARE THAT LEFT A MESS BEHIND FOR WINGNUT, MYSELF AND OTHERS WHO CARE ABOUT THE PLACES WE RIDE. I DIDNT HAVE TO STOP AND PICK UP YOUR TRASH BUT I DID LIKE I ALWAYS DO ON THE CHANCE THAT IT HELPS KEEP IT OPEN FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY.

Very well said.... :beercheers:

Not the time to hold back......Tell us how you really feel! :D

The ones you talk about will be the ones that will cry the most when the dunes shut down because of the totally non caring, socially unacceptable behavior, and abuse of the dunes!!! :bs::lol::lol:

Grow up you offenders, take responsibility for your actions! :lol:

I saw the people with more money than brains ruin Pismo beach for the rest of us years ago......It continues folks. :lol::beercheers:

The truth is even if some of the people that acted like jerks and children see these posts....there are people in this world that can't be insulted or ever learn anything because they are just plain stupid!

:lol::lol:

Your right, lets ban the 2 strokes because they left some meth cans there. But right after that we have to ban beer drinkers cause most of the trash is beer cans/bottles. I'm pretty sure everybody on here picks up there trash... Sure hope you don't drink beer cause under your way of thinking you can't go to the dunes... along with alot of others.

Your right, lets ban the 2 strokes because they left some meth cans there. But right after that we have to ban beer drinkers cause most of the trash is beer cans/bottles. I'm pretty sure everybody on here picks up there trash... Sure hope you don't drink beer cause under your way of thinking you can't go to the dunes... along with alot of others.

you know i did see some cig butts also......... :stir: