The road in

spize909

The road was pretty good. 30 mph in and 25 out. small puddles gave away the potholes and the washboard was less then I'm used to.

River crossing in on Friday was not bad but there was a healthy flow. Going out today 15 minutes after a deluge was a little more interesting but still doable.

Lots of rain Friday night. Very nice on Saturday and Saturday night with the most lightening I've ever seen in the middle of the night (no rain).

Took a ride this morning before leaving and got to strap/pack up in a friggin' monsoon.

All in all a complete success! Sand was wet but before it cot chewed up some it was great.

We maxed out at 10 mph going on Thursday night. We thought it was a pretty rough road, there were some smoother spots, but there was also pot holes and some pretty bad washboards.. It actually seemed slightly better going out... Maybe because we could see.. But still topped out at 15 mph.. Maybe we are a little more cautious, since we have broken stuff going down the road, but no way we were going to hit 25 - 30...

That road was covered n smothered as of Thursday morning. Flood water was still rushing. A day can make a big difference, sure by this morning it's passable but don't expect to keep your truck clean! I'm still blasting the sticky mud off my jeep. A member of our group sunk his bike in a crossing in Death Valley, damn water came up to his chest and he almost lost the bike! Probably no sperry wash riding this time. On a plus note....the sand....was.....awesome!! Felt really good to be back at DD!!