Underground Diesel - New Truck

Sandpirates2

Drove my truck about 4 weeks ago into Underground after hooking up with Newly about issues with my F350 6.0 all pissed that once again the truck stranded me. After 30 minutes of explaining Mike told me they'd get Scott to run diagnostics and let me know. Two days later we put together a list of all the issues that FORD never owned since day one. I told Mike that if they could not fix the truck I was selling it. Mike said they had seen my same issues before and guaranteed a fix. 3 weeks later I get my truck back and holy $hit. This truck has never ran this well at anytime even when it was new. Here's the list of things done -Bullet Proof EGR Cooler -Bullet Proof Oil Cooler -ARP Studds -Heads rebuilt and milled -Turbo rebuild -4"Down Pipe and new 4"Exhaust system -Blue Spring Fuel pump upgrade -Bullet Proof Water Pump -Fan Clutch Kit -New Injector -Complete Flush of Cooling System -EGR Valve -Serpent Belt -Trans Service -Dummy Plugs -Degas Bottle -Lower Boost tube -Edge Insight Monitor/EGT Probe -SCT 3015 Tuner I just wanted to say that Underground did what they said could be corrected and they stood by their estimate that I was given the first time. Thanks SP2 Mike

Edited by Sandpirates2

What kind of mileage do you have on your truck. My 06 has about 80K but I am sure I am due for this same type of service.

Mine has 110,000.

I was told it's much cheaper to have the service done before we have problems.

Someone I know from Dumont took his truck to Underground. Also a 2007 King Ranch. It is a white beauty. Anyway, he said they did the service for about $1500. That is if my now fading memory serves me.

He was really happy with the work Underground Diesel did. I have yet to hear anything negative about them.

I had 126k miles on mine. The new parts and all the

services were $2.6k cheaper than any of the other major Diesel garages. To do what I had the cab had to be removed as well.

Ill post again once we get to the Big D next weekend to

See how it pulls the 38ft Warrior and how the mileage

goes.

SP2

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jack I just picked my truck up this evening (2005 F350) had the head studs replaced, high pressure oil pump and heads milled. So far it seams to be running better then it ever has. Had 118000 miles on it and blew a head gasket because of the crap stock studs. Mike and Scott were great to work with. One thing to beware of is that they are very busy and it can take some time to get the job done mine was there for 3 weeks. They will not hurry just to get trucks out of the shop take the time to do the repairs right which is a good thing. Also for the work that was done Mike's price was over a thousand cheaper then another shop I got a quote from.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took awhile to get back to everyone. Been on the road for work almost a month. So put 1200 miles on the truck and ive towed both my 37ft hauler and I have a 28ft boat. So coming from Boulder City to Dumont via Searchlight and Nipton to 15. That jump on point with the hauler has always been a challenge as its a 6-8 percent grade with no chance to gain any speed. I have never hit the top of Hollerran Pass going more than 50 and foot buried and watching engine temp headed to red...My first time with the new upgrades from Underground the truck pulled 65 running 26lbs of boost and the pyro stayed at 1275-1300 and engine temp stayed totally normal. I have to be careful as from a dead stop with the hauler and especially my boat (9800lbs) I can break the rear tires loose reallly easy. Its never done that before. I also see an increase from 10mpg to 13 while towing and 14 to 17-18 not towing. Truck has never ran better. I'm totally sold on Underground and the guys. SP2 Mike

Edited by Sandpirates2