President's Day weekend reports and pics- post em up!

dunefreak

Definately more people than new years. I snapped a spindle on my first ride about 10 minutes in, so I was pretty bummed all weekend....... People we parked with rolled their hyabusa sandrail friday, but they were ok. Glad BJ Baldwin was there to pull them out. Sunday morning some kids came and stole a 250 from our camp. They pushed it about 400 yards to their camp. We did some CSI tatics and followed the the paddle mark all the way to their trailer. Never in the 27 years Ive been going to dumont have I ever had something stolen from camp........ Im hoping Easter will be a better trip for our group

Edited by staticman13
  • Like 1

Definately more people than new years. I snapped a spindle on my first ride about 10 minutes in, so I was pretty bummed all weekend....... People we parked with rolled their hyabusa sandrail friday, but they were ok. Glad BJ Baldwin was there to pull them out. Sunday morning some kids came and stole a 250 from our camp. They pushed it about 400 yards to their camp. We did some CSI tatics and followed the the paddle mark all the way to their trailer. Never in the 27 years Ive been going to dumont have I ever had something stolen from camp........ Im hoping Easter will be a better trip for our group

WTF! So you got it back then. Did you give them a good azz whoopin? That's nuts.

The kids were maybe 12 or 13 so no. No need to go to jail for injury to a minor.......... We did get the bike back and Im sure we scared them enough that they wont try it again.

glad you got the bike back. Did you get to talk to the parents about it? Guess my locks will be coming out from now on.

The kids were maybe 12 or 13 so no. No need to go to jail for injury to a minor.......... We did get the bike back and Im sure we scared them enough that they wont try it again.

I over read that they were kids. I would hope you wouldn't give a 12 yr old a beatdown. lol

As Marble MD said, did you talk to their parents? I'm wondering if they had something to do with it. That's some sh*t. :shake:

Got in late Thrusday night and came back Sunday. I thought it was busy, but maybe not as busy as last year. We camped by 7 this year and it's a bit soft over there.

Saw someone running code Friday night to Comp so we knew it couldn't be good. My condolences to the family. We have learned we go to Comp real early and ride then park when the crowds start to show up. Just not worth it.

Guess our crew didn't realize you can't have bottles especially at Comp. Dept. of Interior Police informed us while we poured out a bunch of our beer. They were cool and lesson learned! :no:

Dunes were great Friday for riding but got tore up by Saturday.

Sorry my pictures aren't that great looks like my lens was dirty. This is the Rail Baldwins crew pulled out. Glad to hear everyone was alright. The poor rail was beat up. Got there just when they were pulling it out from it's hole.

post-5289-0-22633600-1329760085_thumb.jp

post-5289-0-99858000-1329760164_thumb.jp

post-5289-0-58873800-1329760813_thumb.jp

Me and my boy got to do a boys run to Glamis. I was up 22 hours on friday to get work to a point where I could leave for 2 days, and sleep depravity got the better of me: I was hitching up at 2 am sat. , and APPARENTLY, I didn't get the hitch on the ball all the way before I latched the pin :banghead: . We were doing 60-65 down the 86, and we hit a bad bump, and....holy crap. I reached back and chest planted Jake into his seat and said" hold on, we're gonna crash". The trailer had come loose, and we were getting tossed all over the road. I felt the trailer rear end the truck once, so I decided to coast to a stop, and not touch the brakes after that. The back end of the truck was yanked to one side, then the other...It was terrible. I thought we were gonna be jacknifed in the ditch. It came to a stop, and everything was ok...not even a scratch on the truck. Only damage was the Jack's handle got bent when it reached under the truck's frame and rear ended the truck. A little road rash on the jack pad, and everybody is fine! Do I have angels watching over me or what? The chains did their job, and the wiring was intact. About 20 minutes jacking it back up, and rehitching, and inspecting the latch and I was back on the road. Took a minute or two to figure out what happened, but best I can tell, I messed up, probably with it being dark, being in a hurry, and tired. A word to the wise, re-check your hitch each trip :idea:

post-6067-0-84367700-1329761221_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-74155800-1329761235_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-84484200-1329761246_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-31072200-1329761257_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-14454400-1329761267_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-38326000-1329761279_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-73463800-1329761288_thumb.jp

Once we were there, we had a great time.

post-6067-0-41905200-1329761300_thumb.jp

I forgot both my cameras at home, so the iphone was all I took:

post-6067-0-56715800-1329761308_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-35069000-1329761317_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-91125700-1329762074_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-63401100-1329762083_thumb.jp

Went to the drags, and saw Mike's wife's new funco...awesome!

post-6067-0-57381900-1329762114_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-54745100-1329762125_thumb.jp

We headed over to the flagpole, for the first time in a while:

post-6067-0-44995500-1329762093_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-00778300-1329762103_thumb.jp

Had a great time. The sand was wet and ruff, and it was pretty busy, but anytime not at work is good

• Like 1

It was a good weekend. It started off ROUGH. No lights on the hauler, water leaking and fuel leaking. Figured out the lights, drained the water in dunesmurfs work parking lot. One of her guys managed to jerry rig it for the weekend so we had water. The crowd wasnt as big as I expected being the 40th anniversary of the drags. I didnt have my bike this trip, so I was a dumont dunes camper. lol The weather was pretty good. Wind picked up a few times and got crappy. I took the burb out to the meet n greet, got the burb stuck (on the flats no less) for the first time. Aired down and managed to get out. Wasnt alot of meeting or greeting that I saw. Everyone pretty much stayed in their own little areas. Didnt really see any familiar faces other than those I went out there with. Drags didnt see to get as many spectators this year. We went for a little while, but it was kind of boring. Saw flight for life 3 times over the weekend, not sure of the stories on any of them. Thoughts and prayers go out to those involved. All and all it was a great 1st trip of the season (which is over now) for me. I took a few pics ill post up..

Hmmmmm I attempted to post quite a few pics and they didnt upload???

Edited by Sincity_blondie

We left the hill climbs on our way North along the face of the dunes and before we could get to the end of the dunes and get on the throttle we were almost hit by 4 different quads. I am not sure any of them saw us, it seemed like a lot of riders had blinders on and a I don't give a sh*t attitude. Maybe this will improve? I hope it does but I have to agree that of all the weekends I prefer the "off weekends"

If I didn't have friends racing and old friends that are in the jeep club I would not have gone out. I had a great weekend and all in all it wasn't that bad but we hung around camp, went on a couple of runs and watched the hill climbs and and about half of the drags. Anytime at dumont is better than beng at home.

(MO’s – Missouri Crew / Military)

Yea, Yea it’s Dumont time! I was so eager to get to Dumont, so I left Thursday night by myself. But before I could leave, I had water over flow issues. Marble MD to the rescue! I left the day before my husband & kid. Yep, I towed everything myself, I even stopped and got gas in the dark. On my arrival I found Becky, Dave, MO friends & their friends all settled in around the camp fire.

Dave & a few friends assisted me with unloading the toys. Now it’s DUMONT TIME!!!

I started the night with a bottle of homemade “cherry” wine, brought out by one of the MO’s. The wine went down my throat smooth with no bitterness. It was like gliding across a sand dune after a nice wind storm.

Took a cruise over to comp-hill to show a couple Dumont Virgin’s around. One of the MO’s had a brand new, never on the sand XP. We took it up comp and when we shut the engine off the battery died. A nice guy (Brandon) jumped started it and we headed back to camp. The three minute ride back caused the muffler to light up like an orange glow stick. I’m not really sure what was wrong with it, but after driving over 24hrs to Dumont, I would be beside myself if my toy broke down the first night. The guys spent half the day on the phone with the dealer and messing with it – They got it fixed. J

Good Morning Friday … Let’s go on a RZR ride! Becky and I took two of the MO girlz out for a ride. Becky led us to see comp. Up & Down a couple of times - WeeeeeeeeeeeWeeeeeeeeeee. My passenger (Dumont newbie) screaming “This is Awesome”, then we headed over to North Pole. We relaxed for a few minutes; the MO’s arrived on dirt bikes & quads, so we chatted for a few minutes. Off we went around North Road to camp. “It’s going to be a fun-static weekend”

Later that afternoon Steve pulled up and asked; what do we had to offer? Good-Times and my kid will be making jalapeño poppers tomorrow night. Steve made his way around and settled in. When he unloaded his RZR, my eyes popped out of my head looking at his new cage. Beautiful black radius cage, bas a$$ speakers for great tunes, awesome doors … But later that day or the next (can’t remember its dune time), he came back to camp with a light bar on the top. His RZR looked complete! When asked who did the cage, he was eager to say H-TOWN. Not to mention they are friendly J that says a lot, I will have to keep them in mind for future toys. Also during this weekend H-TOWN had a booth at vendors where they repaired a few tires of other Duners in our group.

It’s Friday night and everyone arrived safely J … 10 “campers” (aka-toy hauler, motorhome, toy box) all made for a great camp circle. Time for some Camp fire love songs, jokes, pranks, drinks and fun!!!

Rise in shine Saturday morning. Capt friends arrived and they were shortly after. Here we go!!! As I sit here and think about how to describe this ride … I am lost for words and a little speechless … But I will try. We started out up over the finger dune, the flats and then; when he hit the accelerator and went from probably 10-20mph to God knows how fast in 2seconds, my head flew against the back of the seat, my hands trying to pull the harness tighter, I knew I better keep my hands inside at all times! At one point my knuckles where so white from holding on so tight. Awww, just when I thought we were going to stop … Nope … Here we go again … My fingers crossed, my heart pounding, thinking is my husband still behind us? (He was driving a RZR) … during my moment of thought, it was distracted by the razor back we just went over that sand blasted me… Dang, my goggles are even being filled with sand! Now, my eyes are closed and didn’t want to see what was coming. But when we hit a witch’s eye, my eyes popped out and there was no more closing them. –Hey, I see my husband, he caught up at somewhere along the way- Arrive, North Pole! J We headed back to camp for a fuel. Oh’ I almost forgot, if anyone finds a cotton black face mask – it might be mine. I flew out before I could react to reach for it! LMAO

Second ride with Capt “THE JUMP”…. Not wearing a mask (lost it), my goggles are as tight as I can get them, head set covering my ears, seat built tight as I can get it, hands in . . . Not knowing it was coming until the last second . . . my mouth flew open, eyes wide open, all I seen was blue skies for a split second and then beautiful natural tan DUMONT sand while floating in the air!!!! Needless to say – I had sand for lunch! Thank you for an experience of a life time!

Now that’s a “CORVETTE ON STERIODS”

Back at camp…which I have not seen most of the day… we headed over to Vendor’s to do a little shopping. I enjoyed walking around with a Capt’s wife, their friend’s wife + the kids.

After a long day … I decided to have a RoCkStAr (I cut back a few months ago) … It kept me awake enough to enjoy a few “cartwheels” at comp … But then I hear someone say “NIGHT RIDE” … Let’s do it! I won’t bore you with the first part of the ride. I am in the passenger seat with my husband following Paully… We started out nice and slow… and then, “The sailor mouth in me came out” … we hit some virgin sand, razor backs, slip & slide all over the place. We were following a RINO, and at times I swear it was going over. This is my second favorite night ride in ten years; it would be my first favorite. But I jumped out of a Ranger while it was moving because I was so scared! -Night duning is a sick mental “exciting” torture- After all my screaming at my husband to get me out of this thing … we arrived at the North Pole, where I jumped out so and sat on the ground… I was so scared on that ride, I begged my husband to take the flats back to comp! As I’m hearing “Oh’ we were only going 32mph, that’s when my governor kicks on” LMAO!!!! I swore a few months ago, I would never do night rides again! “I lied”

Why go to DISNEYLAND, we just created our own ride? Thanks Paully for the free heart attack.

Hello Sunday … final day … Steve and my husband headed out for a ride … They started out behind comp, I didn’t want to follow so I headed towards comp. I arrived just on time to watch them come over comp J and then I followed them around for a little while. They started taking the dunes that I don’t feel taking on the RZR…bad choice to get out of their line… I now was lost! GPS would have been nice. *just sayin’ I seen a sand car go by and I’m lost, so I followed it until I seen a row of approx 8 quads, I jumped into their line until I seen familiar Dunes. I made my way back to the flats and over to the Drag Races…Yep, I was about 20-30min behind Bill & Steve.

After this much fun and such a great weekend – Bad News … Something is wrong with our generator! This made me moody and I took it out on a few people/friends that did not deserve it… I do owe a few people an apology and I will make sure I will do this privately when I see ya J But with every great adventure and if this is the only “drama” we had!!! “We have it better than we think”

Our adventure was absolute amazing… We definitely made “Unforgettable Memories” with an M80, Dog pile on a tent, kids sliding, adult sand boarding, generator & pizzazz at the camp fire, diesel Short Bus, nice talk with Dunesmurf while waiting for my husband, Sincity_Blondie I missed the burb ride, but thank you for taking Drea with you to the drags… Memories -To be continue next trip…

Thank you everyone for such a fabulous weekend… *no offense if you are on DDR and I do not know your screen name.*

• Like 1

got the burb stuck (on the flats no less)

Hmmmmm I attempted to post quite a few pics and they didnt upload???

I seen the pics - hahaha - I missed a great "burb" ride ... I want in next dune trip ... and there will be plenty more. This was a great group!!!

Was a Great Weekend! I know my family has a blast. Son-in-law was in a single accident. Little sore but wasnt hurt bad, I myself took it easy i was one who broke my back in my sandrail last year presidents weekend on comp. Ride hard but ride safe!

I have to say ... that was a very thorough Trip Report right there!!!!.... Good times for sure...Dont forget a sand Samich is better for you than SEX!!!! HAaaaaa

Capt

(MO’s – Missouri Crew / Military)

Yea, Yea it’s Dumont time! I was so eager to get to Dumont, so I left Thursday night by myself. But before I could leave, I had water over flow issues. Marble MD to the rescue! I left the day before my husband & kid. Yep, I towed everything myself, I even stopped and got gas in the dark. On my arrival I found Becky, Dave, MO friends & their friends all settled in around the camp fire.

Dave & a few friends assisted me with unloading the toys. Now it’s DUMONT TIME!!!

I started the night with a bottle of homemade “cherry” wine, brought out by one of the MO’s. The wine went down my throat smooth with no bitterness. It was like gliding across a sand dune after a nice wind storm.

Took a cruise over to comp-hill to show a couple Dumont Virgin’s around. One of the MO’s had a brand new, never on the sand XP. We took it up comp and when we shut the engine off the battery died. A nice guy (Brandon) jumped started it and we headed back to camp. The three minute ride back caused the muffler to light up like an orange glow stick. I’m not really sure what was wrong with it, but after driving over 24hrs to Dumont, I would be beside myself if my toy broke down the first night. The guys spent half the day on the phone with the dealer and messing with it – They got it fixed. J

Good Morning Friday … Let’s go on a RZR ride! Becky and I took two of the MO girlz out for a ride. Becky led us to see comp. Up & Down a couple of times - WeeeeeeeeeeeWeeeeeeeeeee. My passenger (Dumont newbie) screaming “This is Awesome”, then we headed over to North Pole. We relaxed for a few minutes; the MO’s arrived on dirt bikes & quads, so we chatted for a few minutes. Off we went around North Road to camp. “It’s going to be a fun-static weekend”

Later that afternoon Steve pulled up and asked; what do we had to offer? Good-Times and my kid will be making jalapeño poppers tomorrow night. Steve made his way around and settled in. When he unloaded his RZR, my eyes popped out of my head looking at his new cage. Beautiful black radius cage, bas a$$ speakers for great tunes, awesome doors … But later that day or the next (can’t remember its dune time), he came back to camp with a light bar on the top. His RZR looked complete! When asked who did the cage, he was eager to say H-TOWN. Not to mention they are friendly J that says a lot, I will have to keep them in mind for future toys. Also during this weekend H-TOWN had a booth at vendors where they repaired a few tires of other Duners in our group.

It’s Friday night and everyone arrived safely J … 10 “campers” (aka-toy hauler, motorhome, toy box) all made for a great camp circle. Time for some Camp fire love songs, jokes, pranks, drinks and fun!!!

Rise in shine Saturday morning. Capt friends arrived and they were shortly after. Here we go!!! As I sit here and think about how to describe this ride … I am lost for words and a little speechless … But I will try. We started out up over the finger dune, the flats and then; when he hit the accelerator and went from probably 10-20mph to God knows how fast in 2seconds, my head flew against the back of the seat, my hands trying to pull the harness tighter, I knew I better keep my hands inside at all times! At one point my knuckles where so white from holding on so tight. Awww, just when I thought we were going to stop … Nope … Here we go again … My fingers crossed, my heart pounding, thinking is my husband still behind us? (He was driving a RZR) … during my moment of thought, it was distracted by the razor back we just went over that sand blasted me… Dang, my goggles are even being filled with sand! Now, my eyes are closed and didn’t want to see what was coming. But when we hit a witch’s eye, my eyes popped out and there was no more closing them. –Hey, I see my husband, he caught up at somewhere along the way- Arrive, North Pole! J We headed back to camp for a fuel. Oh’ I almost forgot, if anyone finds a cotton black face mask – it might be mine. I flew out before I could react to reach for it! LMAO

Second ride with Capt “THE JUMP”…. Not wearing a mask (lost it), my goggles are as tight as I can get them, head set covering my ears, seat built tight as I can get it, hands in . . . Not knowing it was coming until the last second . . . my mouth flew open, eyes wide open, all I seen was blue skies for a split second and then beautiful natural tan DUMONT sand while floating in the air!!!! Needless to say – I had sand for lunch! Thank you for an experience of a life time!

Now that’s a “CORVETTE ON STERIODS”

Back at camp…which I have not seen most of the day… we headed over to Vendor’s to do a little shopping. I enjoyed walking around with a Capt’s wife, their friend’s wife + the kids.

After a long day … I decided to have a RoCkStAr (I cut back a few months ago) … It kept me awake enough to enjoy a few “cartwheels” at comp … But then I hear someone say “NIGHT RIDE” … Let’s do it! I won’t bore you with the first part of the ride. I am in the passenger seat with my husband following Paully… We started out nice and slow… and then, “The sailor mouth in me came out” … we hit some virgin sand, razor backs, slip & slide all over the place. We were following a RINO, and at times I swear it was going over. This is my second favorite night ride in ten years; it would be my first favorite. But I jumped out of a Ranger while it was moving because I was so scared! -Night duning is a sick mental “exciting” torture- After all my screaming at my husband to get me out of this thing … we arrived at the North Pole, where I jumped out so and sat on the ground… I was so scared on that ride, I begged my husband to take the flats back to comp! As I’m hearing “Oh’ we were only going 32mph, that’s when my governor kicks on” LMAO!!!! I swore a few months ago, I would never do night rides again! “I lied”

Why go to DISNEYLAND, we just created our own ride? Thanks Paully for the free heart attack.

Hello Sunday … final day … Steve and my husband headed out for a ride … They started out behind comp, I didn’t want to follow so I headed towards comp. I arrived just on time to watch them come over comp J and then I followed them around for a little while. They started taking the dunes that I don’t feel taking on the RZR…bad choice to get out of their line… I now was lost! GPS would have been nice. *just sayin’ I seen a sand car go by and I’m lost, so I followed it until I seen a row of approx 8 quads, I jumped into their line until I seen familiar Dunes. I made my way back to the flats and over to the Drag Races…Yep, I was about 20-30min behind Bill & Steve.

After this much fun and such a great weekend – Bad News … Something is wrong with our generator! This made me moody and I took it out on a few people/friends that did not deserve it… I do owe a few people an apology and I will make sure I will do this privately when I see ya J But with every great adventure and if this is the only “drama” we had!!! “We have it better than we think”

Our adventure was absolute amazing… We definitely made “Unforgettable Memories” with an M80, Dog pile on a tent, kids sliding, adult sand boarding, generator & pizzazz at the camp fire, diesel Short Bus, nice talk with Dunesmurf while waiting for my husband, Sincity_Blondie I missed the burb ride, but thank you for taking Drea with you to the drags… Memories -To be continue next trip…

Thank you everyone for such a fabulous weekend… *no offense if you are on DDR and I do not know your screen name.*

Awesome weekend! Nothing broke and everything worked on the trailer and RV......Family, friends and sand dunes. Does not get any better for a dune trip!

On a lighter note. We put up a memorial for a fellow duner that lost his battle with cancer last october. RIP Robert Russell......

Took my 1st trip ever to Dumont and it was great. Besides the fact that i bought sand paddles before halloween to go to dumont for that weekend but never ended up going. Went to put my sand paddles on for presidents day weekend an they did not fit!! wow brand new paddles, 5months old, never used, an they dont fit. Called the dealership that i bought my quad from an that sold me the paddles. Of course they didnt have my size anywhere in town ugh, but they did agree to get me the right size an swap them out. So i was stuck using my knobbies, yuck!

Friday - was nice about 70, got in real early about 10am an the crowd wasnt too big then. Set up camp right next to the drags ate some lunch an went for a ride. Went over to banshee an comp hill an rode them a few times the crowd was small then. Also saw like a 4seater side x side roll over on a small dune nothing major. Took a ride to the vendor row to look around an ate a snack. Later around dusk a guy in a rail broke both front A-arms some how. Went back to camp made my fire, an cooked dinner over the campfire. Then headed over to comp hill for the night to see how things were there. I meet some new people, sat by the fires, an talked for a while. Then tragedy struck an the hill was shutdown, RIP so sad :(. I called it a night an went back to camp.

Saturday - was a better day accident wise. Woke up an watched the hill climb competition for a while. Took a ride came back an watched some more hill climb. Ate lunch then tagged on the end of some people headed for the north pole. Had a nice ride with them an rode back to comp an banshee hill, took a few runs up both, couldnt do much racing with knobbies but made it to the top of comp no prob. Saw a sandrails engine catch fire, people flagged him down an he put it out quick. Rode till about dusk an headed back for camp. Made the fire again an ate some dinner. The big group camped next to me invited me over so i talked for a bit. THX to Snowball an his big crew! I wanted to go back to comp an mingle cuz friday night was cut short. Geared up an rode to comp around 8-9pm. Crowd there tonight was huge to me. parked at a few fires met some new ppl. I took 1 run up comp that night and thats all, mostly watched all the other crazy people go blasting up. Took a short night ride with a few people. Then back to comp, then to camp around 1am. Threw a few pieces of wood on the fire, warmed up an went to sleep. Good day!

Sunday - woke up right in front of the lil drag strip they had set up, didnt have to move at all. Today i did the least riding I wanted to watch alot of the drags. They started off slow to me technical problems with the lighting tree an such. I ate breakfast an took a morning ride. Came back to watch the rest of the drags an eat lunch. Went to vendor row an bought some items :) Then set out to do a last long ride. I Went to banshee hill first, took some runs an went back an forth between comp an banshee for a while. Took a last ride to north pole where i saw Snowball an his crew of about 30. Talked for a bit an then went on a ride with them to the south pole. It was the best ride of the weekend there, from north pole to the south pole riding the dunes pretty much the whole way. From there a few of them went to comp so i followed an ran it a few times then went to banshee rode it a few times an pretty much called it a weekend. Sun was setting soon so i better pack up was about 4pm then. I got packed up an left Dumont about 5:30pm that day an headed back to Vegas. THX to all who were so kind this weekend. It was awsome!

post-7955-0-66234600-1329851421_thumb.jppost-7955-0-91678600-1329851505_thumb.jppost-7955-0-47793400-1329851606_thumb.jppost-7955-0-81137300-1329851909_thumb.jppost-7955-0-50995800-1329851952_thumb.jppost-7955-0-44242900-1329852069_thumb.jppost-7955-0-88929900-1329852113_thumb.jppost-7955-0-12302000-1329852142_thumb.jp

Edited by John Brumley
  • Like 2

I had a great weekend, the only issue i had was on thurs night some a hole in a commander rooster all over my buggy and me while i was looking for my hat mid way coming from comp, i went to chase them down and was gonna kill them abd put them on there lid, but of course i wasnt buckeld in and didnt want to kill my self killing them so i followed them to camp and watched them run in there toy hauler, they were by the entrance to comp a green and white buggy was camping with them in the group... next time i see that thing im gonna have 500hp waiting for them

• Like 1

if it was intentional fine if not then relax.....it happens all the time. If you dont like being sprayed with sand stay out of the dunes.

When im stopped and someone slows down cuts hard right and shoots rocks not sand its intentional ohh and as they were driving away laughing about it, don't come on here and be captain America, I know the difference from an accidental roost and a intentional one ....