Custom 1996 Duner Banshee

thepimp96

Hello everyone, this is my first time and post on this forum so it is nice to be part of this community of people who love Dumont. I am selling my baby that I only rode for about 45mins -1hour. This project took me maybe about 2 months working on the weekends. I bought the bike from a guy that had it bone stock all original, even the exhaust and wheels/tires. That same day I started to strip the whole thing down into little pieces to begin the restoration. When I got the engine out, I took it to Gary @ Gary's Cycles in Fresno, CA, where I live, so he could do he secret squirrel porting. Along with that, he did a complete rebuild with clutch, pistons, crank/rods, water impeller, gaskets, etc....The engine is only at a 359cc right now but don't let that fool you, when I took it to Dumont for the first break in, I found myself upshifting up comp hill and accidentally doing a wheelie at the top. The thing actually has a decent bottom end but the power band on this thing is like nothing I've ever ridden. Everything on this bike is powder coated, not paint. For my big add expenditures, I have LSR steering stem, DC PRO long travel a-arms, swing arm, and axcalibar axle. For the shocks I picked the Elka stage 3 long travel for a mix of economically priced and great quality. There's so much too list, if anyone is interested shoot a message and ill give you even more info but this thing is immaculate. unfortunately I've had bad knees and now they have become a big problem so I usually ride in SxS with my dad or his buddies.....and I need to recoup :2cents: to buy a mode of transportation. This thing isn't a normal banshee that is clean or is set up for hill-shooting only, even though it does that very well lol. I'm asking 7,000, I've done some research on craigslist here in Fresno and it seems like normal ol banshees are going for 4,000-5,000....and they are just clean with little add-ons like a set of pipes. The pictures are obviously without plastic but have plastic for it, and if I get my whole amount I will have the plastic linexed for whoever wants it because that's what I was gonna do if I kept it anyway. P.S. I'm going to Dumont Halloween weekend and like the whole week before so if anyone is truly interested I will take it with me. pictures don't do it justice. :yiah:

post-9679-0-54008200-1474924101.jpg

post-9679-0-58998400-1474924114.jpg

post-9679-0-09042300-1474924122.jpg

post-9679-0-30838100-1474924131.jpg

• 1 month later...