Poker Run Trip Reports

EY3BA11

MAN what a great weekend is all i can say.

Got to dumont first thing friday am trying to play catchup to skinner and ninjagreengirl as they had about a 45 min head start on me. Rolled into dumont about 730ish and just rolling up to the wet sand and cool air was just awesome! So relaxing. The wind was nice and calm all day just enough breeze to kick the dust away.

Got a couple good runs in thru the weekend on the 500 and after some carb adjustment hey it ran lol. Rode the piss outta the XR400 and that thing fly's pretty well.. found one of those nice lofty jumps where you dont get much air but fly a ways out and it was real stable surprisingly.

Petes new car.. all i can say is :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh: bad mufhuggan :booty::booty: ....

Camp was a bit smaller this weekend but it was campin with some great peeps, great company and great people in camp all weekend. Even ran into a glamisdunes.com member that i wasnt expecting to see out there.. It was good seeing an ol friend again :D

Poker run was a huge sucess this year. There was no issues this year as compared to last year. There were no lines at the check points everyone was in and out in a hurry.. we all thought things went a little too smooth and a little too fast lol. IT was just a great turnout. I was manning the checkpoint on the south end of the dunes right at the closure steaks on top of the plataue. Awesome view Awesome Weather just plain great time up there.

Man i cant wait for the next trip.. mid week morning run anyone lol..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good times as always!!!!!! That pulled pork samich was perfect!!!!!! thanks to everyone that came out. Congrats Jodi for a great food donation!!!! (Don't eat it all Mike j/k) And thanks again for the coffee!!!!!

See yall for some gobble gobble

:ahhhhh:

Good times as always!!!!!! That pulled pork samich was perfect!!!!!! thanks to everyone that came out. Congrats Jodi for a great food donation!!!! (Don't eat it all Mike j/k) And thanks again for the coffee!!!!!

See yall for some gobble gobble

Thanks!! And your welcome!! :ahhhhh:

Food drive was better then expected since it was a last minute add!

THANKS again to Chris aka: dunefaster for the donation of the helmet! It was a tie for who brought in the most items, so I had to tell both parties they could go get more if they wanted and I left it at that... both did!

Conratulations on winning the new helmet Justin and Julie, aka: Skinner and Ninjagreengirl! :booty:

They brought in 30 items and Jill and Charlie brought in 28!! :booty:

THANK YOU!!!!

To all who brought in even one can, box or container of food and a few non food items! All together there were over 150 items donated!!

We actually just got in so, pretty well pooped out! Only went on one ride yesturday, but it was a great ride, lost the group coming back, started to go over a tall razor and got blinded by the sun and a gust of wind kicked my contact off kilter.... so I didn't want to go over it blind, dropped out and caught up on the tail end of another little group. Didn't have a clue who they were, but they had a good line going, turned out to be the peeps Ynot was camping with!

Today, just wasn't feeling it... busted the bead on my tire, almost took a tumble down a pretty big hill, changed the tires out ( THANKS Justin and Julie for the borrow!), wasn't used to those paddles and back end was a little too squirrely for me, so I had to take it down a little, then lauched over a nice ten foot drop, then we stop for a photo shoot and I lost my contact to the sand gods... :headspin: :dope: I thought ok ok I get it I am done... I said see ya and headed to the flats and met up with everyone back at comp! Still a GREAT day, but just wasn't my day for riding. Kicked it at camp the rest of the day, slowly packing up.

It was just a great, peaceful weekend! Hanging out with some pretty darn cool peeps!!

Sat nights, Sandblast on the side of the hauler was awesome!! :headbang1: HEY! Joe was that your car?? Rewind.... YEP!!! :yiah:

Great meeting Skinner and Ninjagreengirl and Urkel and family!! :headspin:

Thanks for helping out at the registration booth Julie! :grin:

I am sure I will think of more later, there were some pretty good laughs!

Pics tomorrow... its time for :headspin:

What a GREAT weekend!

I can't thank everyone enough. I truly appreciate each and every person that came out to the poker run that participated, volunteered, and donated towards the event. Even though times are tough right now, the Dumont community still came through as always! It went very smooth this year and everyone we talked with really enjoyed it. I think that mystery spot was a kickass idea this year and really gave everyone an added bonus & challange.

The weather was very cooperative and the dunes were great. After the poker run we managed to get quite a few really sweet runs in. This weekend is exactly what I needed. I missed the rest of our usual crew as some of them coudn't make it out :( , but it was still a great weekend with great friends. :drunks: :ahhhhh:

Oh yeah...and the new car made me very happy this weekend. Absolutley flawless! :ahhhhh: :headbang1:

More to come later. I'm beat!

...to be continued :booty: :booty:

Ill keep it short and sweet.

This past weekend was a 10 on the "fun factor meter." :ahhhhh:

Security was in force at the south camp site checkpoint with these guys (Nick & Steve)

post-14-1258349509_thumb.jpg

Pete and Anna at the top secret checkpoint ( you had to dune in the dunes to find this checkpoint)

post-14-1258349638_thumb.jpg

Cash prizes for the winners

post-14-1258349795_thumb.jpg

post-14-1258349843_thumb.jpg

post-14-1258349907_thumb.jpg

post-14-1258349968_thumb.jpg

Lots of fun Dune rides also

Here is a couple of OGP

post-14-1258350071_thumb.jpg

post-14-1258350141_thumb.jpg

post-14-1258350195_thumb.jpg

And one last one of OGP and myself trying a synchronized double jump

post-14-1258350318_thumb.jpg

Edited by 80grit

damn what a nice weekend! great ridin, great people, great fun at the poker run, and some great food from Al. doesnt get much better!

unfortunately had to leave earlier than i wanted to, but i had a little work that needed to be done today, and with things as slow as they are, when there is work, i really need to take it! lol

and that about all i have the energy to say......

i will chime in tomorow with some more interesting reading for sure, along with some pics of course. as of right now though, its nightnight time.

Here it is "THE BIGGEST LOSER" But it was still $75! No complaints! Just had a great weekend. Thanks everyone. 80grit, was that you standing next to us? Thanks for the picture, now I can rub it into the hubby "who got the money honey" :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh:

post-1152-1258373395_thumb.jpg

Sunrise on Sat Poker Run morning...

post-2396-1258377902_thumb.jpg

Food box at the begining of the morning.. thanks again everyone!

post-2396-1258377971_thumb.jpg

New helmet prize...

post-2396-1258378026_thumb.jpg

Registration booth and checkpoint #1......

post-2396-1258378073_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378112_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378162_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378199_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378237_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378276_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378320_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378367_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258378412_thumb.jpg

Junior and crew!

post-2396-1258378546_thumb.jpg

Horrible pic.. but I want to know what kind of bet this guy had to lose to have to drive around wearing pink fairy wings!!! :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh:

post-2396-1258379558_thumb.jpg

This littlen was just toooo cute all dressed up...

post-2396-1258378472_thumb.jpg

Food boxes at the end of the day.... Thanks Skyz for the boxes! They came in handy! Missed you out there though :(

post-2396-1258378983_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258379026_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258379065_thumb.jpg

Peeps filtering back in...

post-2396-1258379123_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258379170_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258379215_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258379270_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258379349_thumb.jpg

Thats it for me of the poker run I am a :booty: and forgot the charged battery! :booty:

More pics later... I wanted to get the Poker Run pics up this morning! :headbang1:

Out on some runs... man some of those lines were looooooooong like a dachsund! :headbang1: alot of people out doing what they love to do! :ahhhhh:

post-2396-1258380300_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380351_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380384_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380422_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380500_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380539_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380573_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380613_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380656_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380697_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380734_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380803_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380869_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380938_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258380975_thumb.jpg

WHOOPS!!!!

Thanks guys for helping me out, first trying to pop it back on with the kit and then going back for the air tank and returning with paddles instead and then switchin out the paddles in the middle of the dunes!! These are the kind of friends and people that are great to have around! I don't think I ever thanked you guys Pete, Jack, Mike, and Steve for taking time out of your dune run to save mine!! :ahhhhh: :booty::booty:

post-2396-1258381211_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258381249_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258381316_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258381392_thumb.jpg

A tiny bit of camp fun...

post-2396-1258381457_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258381530_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258381574_thumb.jpg

Our fire sculpture..

post-2396-1258381629_thumb.jpg

A little Sandblast

post-2396-1258381690_thumb.jpg

Steve, Justin and Jack were die hards when the wind picked up Sat night.. they stayed by the fire until there was no wood left to burn.... then it was time to head in for pizzazz food and laughes in the hauler!

post-2396-1258381812_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258381868_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1258381923_thumb.jpg

Edited by sand chick

Awesome day trip! Got in a little later that i wanted but still donated

We went out to the checkpoints just for fun in the middle of our rides, the secret one was a way cool idea.

Found a cool little "track" with 3 hard razor turns and a big floater jump in the middle got a couple good motos in on that, until my buddys oil plug came out :ahhhhh: back to camp...

Cant fix it for we are just messin around camp takin pics, then the honda blows up...then my buddys kx kickstarter blew up and shot his case apart......

So the last 2 bikes went out for one last ride came back and then finally saw Pete and Anna cruisin by (fugures!!) BTW Pete that was me by the Maroon F350 in the white shirt waving at you like a tard :hatdance:

So all in all wasnt bad weekend for me any got some good runs in before all the carnage....

Wanted to meet up with pete so he could lead us on some more kickass runs :ahhhhh:

Edited by yfzrider53

So the last 2 bikes went out for one last ride came back and then finally saw Pete and Anna cruisin by (fugures!!) BTW Pete that was me by the Maroon F350 in the white shirt waving at you like a tard :hatdance:

ohhh ok. We waved regardless but couldn't see who it was from the distance between us. Anna said who was that. I was like I dunno but they waved at us. :ahhhhh: :D:booty: :ahhhhh:

well it was a great one day trip for us....it start it with two nice morning runs then :shit_fan: jr's bike lost a bolt to his front suspension off to get it fix :headbang1: I did get the guys name that vail us out it was the welder accross the way from dog house props to you man he look and look until he found the right bolt and got us off runnig again thanks pal.........then my chain got really loose well back to camp and we took care of that got lunch from Al great food as always thanks Al.......we did the poker run I had lots of fun looking for the mistery spot who ever thought of that :booty: oh yea finally meet anna.....after all of the poker run fetivities we got some more runs and we hooked with jodi at comp it was nice talking with you jodi......all and all it was a great day not a lot of carnage just some small essues...........too busy riding so as always no pics from me :ahhhhh: jr thanks for doing all the driving........ now i can wait to get back for :booty: day i just want to ride :ahhhhh:

First of all I want to thank Pete and Anna for co-sponsoring this event! Couldn't have done it without your help and this site. Then a great big Thank You to the volunteers who hung out all day at the checkpoints, I got nothing but great reviews on everyone of you. I can't say how much it means to me to see people spend their dune time helping the cause. Then the people who spent what it takes to get to the dunes and then reached a little deeper to do the poker run. Thank you all and I hope you had fun. Lastly a thanks to all the vendors who donated stuff for the raffle, what started out with 4 prizes ended up being much more and thats all due to the vendors at Dumont so please support them along with Butch's speed shop, Red Art Inc. and Performance Rhino, They came through with some pretty expensive stuff and gift certificates and they deserve your support when you need parts etc.

The run was great this year and the mystery checkpoint was a great idea (thanks Anna) and we will have to work it into next years plans again.

I had a great weekend, got some nice dune runs in, sat at the campfire with old friends and got to spend time with my son in law, my grandson and the trunk monkey Thank you Walter for everything.

Edited by ynot

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME WEEKEND!! Thank you guys for asking me to help out for the poker run. I was able to meet a lot of peeps and run into some OLD FRIENDS!!! It was awesome! DDR has some of the friendliest people I have ever met.

Our camp was awesome! The DDR people in camp with us were so much fun. I even met the rockstar Karen who is rocking the front picture in the 99!!

Sandchick aka Jodi, thanks for all the laughs at registration! It was a great day........

My brain is fried and I cant think of anythign else to say right now....so this is a dumb post, but i will post one less dumb next time!! :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh:

:booty:

Well, I rolled out solo on Thursday. Arrived about the same time as some of you. Pulled into the Valero to fuel up as 80grit was finishing up (didn't get to introduce myself), and pulled into the dunes just ahead of OGP ( i was the next camp over on Thu).

Went out for a ride on Thu afternoon. Soooo much virgin sand with nooobody else out there. Rest of the crew showed up about 11pm and we figured it was a good idea to start up the fire as it started raining :ahhhhh: . A few :ahhhhh: later and we are duning my buddy's tacoma. Of course we get it stuck in some soft stuff over by comp at about 2 am. :booty: By the time we got it out and back at camp it was all of 3 am.

Fri we rode until we couldn't move. Great weather all weekend.

Crew had to leave Sat morning, so we cruised around on my cousin's dmax to all the checkpoints and took a pic or two :headbang1: . Again, no time to stop and introduce myself. :booty:

Here is a couple from my cell phone, will post up rest later from home after work. Poker run looked like a blast! Def going again next year. Should meet a bunch of you at the regatta though...

post-3304-1258400305_thumb.jpg

post-3304-1258400337_thumb.jpg

Edited by rushjunkie

i corndogged the rhino, ran outta talent on sat. afternoon lol. went into a funky transition to hot, and air to corndogg, full flip back to wheels lol. broke and elka shock in half, wasted a tie rod and HID, bent up my light bar and roof alittle, everyone was ok. was pretty mellow roll.

i corndogged the rhino, ran outta talent on sat. afternoon lol. went into a funky transition to hot, and air to corndogg, full flip back to wheels lol. broke and elka shock in half, wasted a tie rod and HID, bent up my light bar and roof alittle, everyone was ok. was pretty mellow roll.

Holy crap Chris!! We wondered why you didn't stop by camp!

Glad you and everyone are ok!!!

well it was a great one day trip for us....it start it with two nice morning runs then :shit_fan: jr's bike lost a bolt to his front suspension off to get it fix :dope: I did get the guys name that vail us out it was the welder accross the way from dog house props to you man he look and look until he found the right bolt and got us off runnig again thanks pal.........then my chain got really loose well back to camp and we took care of that got lunch from Al great food as always thanks Al.......we did the poker run I had lots of fun looking for the mistery spot who ever thought of that :thumb: oh yea finally meet anna.....after all of the poker run fetivities we got some more runs and we hooked with jodi at comp it was nice talking with you jodi......all and all it was a great day not a lot of carnage just some small essues...........too busy riding so as always no pics from me :headspin: jr thanks for doing all the driving........ now i can wait to get back for :headspin: day i just want to ride :headbang1:

jorge already said all the fun :ahhhhh: ...sat morning i lost a bolt on my suspension leaving vendors row luckely i was going realy slow.....i feel realy lucky without a thought becuse i imagen lossing the screw wille i was dunning :dope::grin: i would of gotten hurt realy bad,i know i got some angels watching over me :booty: ...i want to give a big thanks to the vendor that was across from dog house man they took their time to get me up in action thanks ones again, i thought i had lost my hole sat......poker run was the :poop: i had a blast.....i also want to give a big thanks to al for the great grub like always :booty: ....also meet mike @ mistery spot & jodi @ the regs both....great meeting you both :ahhhhh: .... jodi hope you like the ride on the quad even though my kick start was harder :grin:.....see you all @ :headspin: weekend