Nightdrags trip report

aceisback

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A FREAKIN BLAST!!!

Thas all i can say lol.

-Rangers were out in force there were 2 of them running around giving warnings and tickets..

- 3 sets of lights lighting up the hill

- Smokin Al's was MAD GRUB... AL THANK YOU AGAIN we really appreciate what you did bud. The food was outstanding as usual.

- Great times Great people

- Shell @ rainbow and 160 means shell at rainbow and 160 not the gas station at 159 and 160 lol..

- Road wasnt too bad coming in.. A bit dusty but not bad

- Nice breeze to blow the dust away at the hill and keep the temps just right

- I didnt see one ambulance at all so from what i saw it was an injury free weekend except the feller that munched it at the top of the hill!!

Couldnt have asked for a better weekend whatsoever. Hell i didnt even unload the 500 was having too much fun running around on the ol tank (xr400) :D Just wish my little brother could have made it to experience the whole thing he would have had a blast.

Sorry no pics i didnt do the whole paparazzi thing this weekend but there were plenty of cameras out so just hang tight.

Cant wait for next year.

WHAT A FREAKIN BLAST!!!

Thas all i can say lol.

-Rangers were out in force there were 2 of them running around giving warnings and tickets..

- 3 sets of lights lighting up the hill

- Smokin Al's was MAD GRUB... AL THANK YOU AGAIN we really appreciate what you did bud. The food was outstanding as usual.

- Great times Great people

- Shell @ rainbow and 160 means shell at rainbow and 160 not the gas station at 159 and 160 lol..

- Road wasnt too bad coming in.. A bit dusty but not bad

- Nice breeze to blow the dust away at the hill and keep the temps just right

- I didnt see one ambulance at all so from what i saw it was an injury free weekend except the feller that munched it at the top of the hill!!

Couldnt have asked for a better weekend whatsoever. Hell i didnt even unload the 500 was having too much fun running around on the ol tank (xr400) :D Just wish my little brother could have made it to experience the whole thing he would have had a blast.

Sorry no pics i didnt do the whole paparazzi thing this weekend but there were plenty of cameras out so just hang tight.

Cant wait for next year.

Thank You as always Al, Brian and Jack we enjoyed it any day at the dunes even if we are working Thanks To DDR and all the support . We will be their next year looking forward to helping in anyway see ya at vendors roll SMOKIN ALS BBQ

Edited by AL T

Man, we had such a great time! This trip was very much needed.

We made a last minute decision to head out Friday night and got there about 10pm. I'm so glad we did too! It was in the 70's and there was hardly anybody there. After setting up we played around on comp for a while late Fri night. We had it all to ourselves. It was soooo smooth, no whoops, and so much fun. Then after getting back to camp we even made a fire and stayed up till almost 5AM :ah: throwing back beers, chatting and laughin our a$$es off.

Saturday we got some duning in late in the morning/ early afternoon. 80grit got some seat time in the new car. Sweet ride, Rob! Oh those dunes were so nice! I couldn't believe how well the weather cooperated too. It was some great duning. I didn't wanna stop.

Sat night we were heading over to the hill and my shifter cable broke on my buggy. :( It sucked the car was done for the rest of the night and weekend, but we just cruised the truck over to the hill and hung out all night. I really wanted to get an early AM run in on Sunday, but there's always next time. I got my fix and that's all that matters.

I want to give another HUGE thank you to Smokin Al's BBQ for coming out and hookin up the BBQ, and also again to las vegas duner and undertow for lighting up the hill. Those things were key ingredients to the kickass time we had out there! :clap:

-BLM showed up and hassled a bunch of hillshooters for lights/ whips, etc, but I guess rules are rules :censored:

-my truck bed always turns into a dumpster even if there is a huge trash bag right there for the empties! :think:

-fast fast bikes at the hill! Man those things were screamin.

-very soft sand broke some trucks at the entrance to the whoops/ Banshee Hill. Robert busted his diff housing and the guy he was trying to pull out broke a front CV. :laughoff:

-hilarious entertainment as always provided by Mary and Tracy :MBdance:

-I SEAN this one guy get stuck in camp on Sunday morning. :lol:

-vaJJ...nonstop comedy as usual at JJ's expense. :lol:

-el duner & crew makes some killer tacos from what I hear. I wish I was hungry man! They smelled great, but I had a ton of BBQ already. Great meeting you!

-80grit saved my weekend with his backup generator. Thank you again, Rob!

-oh and one last thing which was funny as hell. As I walked up to Randog over at the hill. At the same exact time we both give each other a "YIAH!". :MBdance::headbang1::thumb:

It was some damn good times, great seeing seeing everyone again and also meeting some new faces from DDR this weekend. :headbang1:

I got some pics to come, not a ton, but some. :ninja:

Man, we had such a great time! This trip was very much needed.

We made a last minute decision to head out Friday night and got there about 10pm. I'm so glad we did too! It was in the 70's and there was hardly anybody there. After setting up we played around on comp for a while late Fri night. We had it all to ourselves. It was soooo smooth, no whoops, and so much fun. Then after getting back to camp we even made a fire and stayed up till almost 5AM :ah: throwing back beers, chatting and laughin our a$$es off.

Saturday we got some duning in late in the morning/ early afternoon. 80grit got some seat time in the new car. Sweet ride, Rob! Oh those dunes were so nice! I couldn't believe how well the weather cooperated too. It was some great duning. I didn't wanna stop.

Sat night we were heading over to the hill and my shifter cable broke on my buggy. :( It sucked the car was done for the rest of the night and weekend, but we just cruised the truck over to the hill and hung out all night. I really wanted to get an early AM run in on Sunday, but there's always next time. I got my fix and that's all that matters.

I want to give another HUGE thank you to Smokin Al's BBQ for coming out and hookin up the BBQ, and also again to las vegas duner and undertow for lighting up the hill. Those things were key ingredients to the kickass time we had out there! :clap:

-BLM showed up and hassled a bunch of hillshooters for lights/ whips, etc, but I guess rules are rules :censored:

-my truck bed always turns into a dumpster even if there is a huge trash bag right there for the empties! :think:

-fast fast bikes at the hill! Man those things were screamin.

-very soft sand broke some trucks at the entrance to the whoops/ Banshee Hill. Robert busted his diff housing and the guy he was trying to pull out broke a front CV. :laughoff:

-hilarious entertainment as always provided by Mary and Tracy :MBdance:

-I SEAN this one guy get stuck in camp on Sunday morning. :lol:

-vaJJ...nonstop comedy as usual at JJ's expense. :lol:

-el duner & crew makes some killer tacos from what I hear. I wish I was hungry man! They smelled great, but I had a ton of BBQ already. Great meeting you!

-80grit saved my weekend with his backup generator. Thank you again, Rob!

-oh and one last thing which was funny as hell. As I walked up to Randog over at the hill. At the same exact time we both give each other a "YIAH!". :MBdance::headbang1::thumb:

It was some damn good times, great seeing seeing everyone again and also meeting some new faces from DDR this weekend. :headbang1:

I got some pics to come, not a ton, but some. :ninja:

it was great parking in the huge circle...lol.. i didn't get to meet many people, but made sure that my brother elduner did...lol. i was to busy serving the taco feast and warming up the tortilas ....lol

glad you guys enjoyed the tacos and we had plenty for the whole camp...haha, raptoroy you missed them, but maybe next time.....thanks DDR!!!!!!

i hadn't had a day off in about a month or so, 12-16 hour days, left the job at 11:30 am yesterday and decided to go.. (easy decision).

only stayed about four hours but it was mucho fun. i spent most of that time hot-lappin' a motor that shouldn't be hot-lapped, but it held up as usual.

my only complaint: understood the rangers have a job to do, by all means do your job i understand, but they shouldn't treat grown folk like adolescents. it was a little irritating being scolded as if we were juveniles.

Not to :headbang1: but...........................ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went on a ride this morning with the KLLM's. Coming back they were at the bottom of banshee hill picking up trash. So we went over and helped. All I have to say is that the people that feel they can leave their sh*t every where and not pick up after themselves is just disgusting!!!! It makes me wonder how gross your homes and cars must be. I don't know if it's lack of respect, a crappy attitude or just plain ignorance!!!!!

Things like this just give the greenies more ammo to get our riding places closed. People that do stupid things like this are probably the first A-holes that will be crabbing when fees go up, more restrictions come or just closing Dumont for good. I have to ask, is it that hard to throw your garbage in the bed of a truck before you leave the hill????

On a lighter note.................Had a great time and it was great to see everyone. Special thanks to Smokin Als for coming out!!!!!

post-184-1249856016_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856066_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856134_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856208_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856254_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856358_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856423_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856477_thumb.jpg

post-184-1249856516_thumb.jpg

i was pulled over.....and they let me go with a warning for no lights.

Warnings??

Must of been speed involved because the drag banshees got tickets and were told that the bikes would be impounded if caught again.

If your going to be a :headbang1: Do your job and write everyone a ticket not just a select group so your boss thinks you were doing your job.

-my truck bed always turns into a dumpster even if there is a huge trash bag right there for the empties! :MBdance:

sorry bout that mang.. i forgot i threw that headlight housing in there at the hill :D Ill swing by sometime this week and umm :headbang1::headbang1::censored::MBdance: pick it up :laughoff:

Great weekend... Weather was perfect. Funny thing about that ranger in the Jeep is he didnt have a flag himself lol.

Great turn out.. Camp was good.. Was able to put Hangover on the projector and we watched that.. Funny Movie

Capt

We had a very good time :D It was great to see everyone out there.

Sorry to the guys stuck I would have stopped but my battery was going dead and i was trying to make it back to camp before I got stuck.

It was dusk when I drove by and right after I drove by I got pulled over for no lights , he let me go because it wasn't dark and told me i better have them on when it gets dark (he was pretty nice about it)

Thanks to smokin als that was great food :)

Could not have asked fir a better night in August!!! Had a great time watching the races.got to finally get the car out, it ran incredible!!! Thnx Dave for picking some lines out there. MAN talk about sharp razors and drop offs!!!

Thnx Al for the great grub!!

To everyone involved:

THANKS FOR THE LIGHTS, THE BBQ, AND THE NIGHTDRAGS!

To lasVegasDuner:

I am the guy that walked up to you around 10 pm and gave you $20 fro bringing the lights, I asked who brought them and was idrecrted to you, hope I gave the $20 to the right person, if not; I will Paypal you another $20...

If I had gotten to the Hill before 9:30 pm; I would of helped get the lights in and on the Hill..

Thanks!!!

Carlos.

Not to :headbang1: but...........................ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went on a ride this morning with the KLLM's. Coming back they were at the bottom of banshee hill picking up trash. So we went over and helped. All I have to say is that the people that feel they can leave their sh*t every where and not pick up after themselves is just disgusting!!!! It makes me wonder how gross your homes and cars must be. I don't know if it's lack of respect, a crappy attitude or just plain ignorance!!!!!

Things like this just give the greenies more ammo to get our riding places closed. People that do stupid things like this are probably the first A-holes that will be crabbing when fees go up, more restrictions come or just closing Dumont for good. I have to ask, is it that hard to throw your garbage in the bed of a truck before you leave the hill????

On a lighter note.................Had a great time and it was great to see everyone. Special thanks to Smokin Als for coming out!!!!!

i totally agree with this!!!! lack of respect totally.... i wish i was able to help with the clean up!!! i couldn't carry the huge amount to crap that people left behind!!! thanks for taking your time to help clean up. :laughoff:

i wish others too the time to pick up their own crap!!!!! :headbang1:

the weather could have not been any better!!! the wind was great. the semi full moon was awesome! next time i go i will remember to bring ear plugs. those hillshooters were LOUD as hell!

well i my take on the night drags was hit and miss!!! on the plus side there were a bunch of WAY FAST bikes out last night. I WAS NOT ONE OF THEM! my bike was running like a$$... my new electrical system worked when i loaded it in the trailer but failed when i tried to use my lights when the sun went down...i hit the switch and nothing!!!no headlights at all. my brand new 4 inch HIDs took a big crap. i was so desperate to ride that i taped a flashlight to the handle bars just so i would not get a ticket for no headlight. but i made it out to banshee hill, mostly watch the big guns run. but i did manage to make a couple of passes myself. i have a bunch of tuning left to do before i can do any kind damage. we hung around till just after 2:30am then crashed in the toy hauler. woke up around 8 and went for a morning ride.

this is where i get really pissed off!!!! my buddy and i rode over to banshee hill in the morning and the place was TRASHED!!!! there was beer cans and trash all over the place!!!!! i was utterly disgusted! this is the crap that will give all the tree huggers ammo that will get the place shut down. the night before, i even saw a couple of people running there hill shooter bikes without helmets up the hill, then ride down to the bottom drink a beer, toss the empty on the ground, then keep racing. i was amazed that no one crashed ....

To everyone involved:

THANKS FOR THE LIGHTS, THE BBQ, AND THE NIGHTDRAGS!

To lasVegasDuner:

I am the guy that walked up to you around 10 pm and gave you $20 fro bringing the lights, I asked who brought them and was idrecrted to you, hope I gave the $20 to the right person, if not; I will Paypal you another $20...

If I had gotten to the Hill before 9:30 pm; I would of helped get the lights in and on the Hill..

Thanks!!!

Carlos.

You maybe give to inland atv.

We had plenty of people step up and give.

Thanks for the effort but we don't need anymore.

Welcome, the DDR needs people like you

Thanks

We have been following the thread on the Drags and decided to go and had a great time.

The weather was great for August and the sand was smooth and soft.not like the floor we slept on (dam wish our toyhauler was fixed)

Had some good Rhino rides well one had a little rollover. Thanks to the guys that helped roll it back over.

Helped some people get their dogs back...if you bring your dogs keep an eye on them....

I thought there was a lot of trash out on the dune more than normal...we pick up what we can.

Had a good laugh at the lady that pee'd on her foot at the South Pole.....lol

Wingy your post I missed earlier.. I must have posted in between yours.

The trash was ridiculous and the LACK OF RESPECT IS FKING RETARDED!!! It is total BS that these friggin JERKS come out and Party it up and leave a pile of SH!T for others to clean up.. When I came over the Dunes and seen all that trash.... I was like WTF.. to my wife. So we pulled the RZR over and started loading it up.. I couldnt get all of it but FOR GODS SAKE YOU BASTARDS... PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!!

Now if you linked this event on any other forum I feel it is your DUTY to post pics and show what was done out there.. It was down right RUDE!!... Rangers should have driven through the parking areas and ahnded out tickets for littering is what I think they should have done..

I am Appalled that anyone (especially duners) could leave a place in such a mess... Friggin flat billers with Banshees. This has always been 1 of my favorite summer time event and I am irritated at this mess.

Like it was said earlier... All my trash is put into the bed of my truck and taken out before we leave Dumont.. How hard is it to put it in a trash bag???

Maybe its time we start taking pictures of all the camps and all the ppl parked at the hill so we can start comparing the areas after the fact to see if they clean up after themselves..Before and after pics. I pile of trash left was in the area to the left (facing banshee hill) were the flat bed had 1 of the lights sitting on it.. That trailer was parked kinda off to the side and it wasnt hard to spot that there trash was left behind..

Capt

Guest Crasher

Good times! It was great to see everyone again. Thanks again Al for the good food, and thanks Dave & Tina for hooking up the projector! Got a couple of fun RZR rides in and enjoyed watching the races. :headbang1:

However, I was disgusted at the amount of trash and filth left at Banshee this morning. Unfortunately, we couldn't get all of it, but filled a few trashbags. The interesting part is that whoever left it there is more than likely a member of this forum, or knows someone who is, and knows better. I'm sure they know who they are. We just had to take pics to show what total losers they are. :headbang1:

Wingy your post I missed earlier.. I must have posted in between yours.

The trash was ridiculous and the LACK OF RESPECT IS FKING RETARDED!!! It is total BS that these friggin JERKS come out and Party it up and leave a pile of SH!T for others to clean up.. When I came over the Dunes and seen all that trash.... I was like WTF.. to my wife. So we pulled the RZR over and started loading it up.. I couldnt get all of it but FOR GODS SAKE YOU BASTARDS... PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!!

Now if you linked this event on any other forum I feel it is your DUTY to post pics and show what was done out there.. It was down right RUDE!!... Rangers should have driven through the parking areas and ahnded out tickets for littering is what I think they should have done..

I am Appalled that anyone (especially duners) could leave a place in such a mess... Friggin flat billers with Banshees. This has always been 1 of my favorite summer time event and I am irritated at this mess.

Like it was said earlier... All my trash is put into the bed of my truck and taken out before we leave Dumont.. How hard is it to put it in a trash bag???

Maybe its time we start taking pictures of all the camps and all the ppl parked at the hill so we can start comparing the areas after the fact to see if they clean up after themselves..Before and after pics. I pile of trash left was in the area to the left (facing banshee hill) were the flat bed had 1 of the lights sitting on it.. That trailer was parked kinda off to the side and it wasnt hard to spot that there trash was left behind..

Capt

I agree about the trash.What I don't understand is all of us on these forums say we pick up more than we bring and the place is still trashed.I have banshees but I don't wear a hat so I know your not blaming us.The lights you are talking about was not ours.I think the rangers should write tickets all night long for trashing the place instead of making me put a 3 inch flash light on my banshee.

For the record we picked up all of our trash.If it is the hillshooters that trash the place there must be alot of us because the flats are a mess to.

It has to be said and you can take it for whats its worth but why are the people of Latin decent the most disgusting of all.....Not all of them but for the most part they are downright disgusting!! Dont get me wrong there was probably some white trash crackers out there too who left trash.

The trash is not acceptable..you people are pieces of sh*t. :headbang1::headbang1:

When I was leaving on the dirt road a truck past me with the tailgate down so all the trash could blow out.Some came out on the dirt road but I sure his bed was empty soon as he got to baker.....and guess what they looked like "people of latin decent" in the truck.

If you cant be a clean person black,brown,white,red or any other color or race STAY THE HELL HOME YOU DIRTY a-holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has to be said and you can take it for whats its worth but why are the people of Latin decent the most disgusting of all.....Not all of them but for the most part they are downright disgusting!! Dont get me wrong there was probably some white trash crackers out there too who left trash.

The trash is not acceptable..you people are pieces of sh*t. :headbang1::headbang1:

When I was leaving on the dirt road a truck past me with the tailgate down so all the trash could blow out.Some came out on the dirt road but I sure his bed was empty soon as he got to baker.....and guess what they looked like "people of latin decent" in the truck.

If you cant be a clean person black,brown,white,red or any other color or race STAY THE HELL HOME YOU DIRTY a-holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughoff::censored::MBdance::MBdance::thumb::think: