57 replies to this topic

#36 Richard Cheese

Richard Cheese

DDR resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

those of you allocating screwing the weekly pass people in favor of the annual pass for the no increase will only screw yourself the next time this crap comes around

last time we raised the weekly passes, so this time, its the annual

just hold the line on NO increases!!

how crappy is it that we are in a recession, the worst in almost a century, and the only talk is INCREASE??? WTF???

#37 indasand

indasand

Dune Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • Interests:Dunes in the winter, lake in the summer...
  • Name:Brian

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

Dumont Dunes National Park is startng to sound good.... here's an example of fees...

Entrance Fees at the Ten Most-Visited National Parks

1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (2008 visitors - 9,044,010) - No entrance fee.

2. Grand Canyon National Park (2008 visitors - 4,425,314) - $25 per vehicle; $12 per person on motorcycles, bicycles, or on foot .

3. Yosemite National Park (2008 visitors - 3,431,514) - $20 per vehicle; $10 per person on motorcycles, bicycles, or on foot.

4. Olympic National Park (2008 visitors - 3,081,451) - $15 per vehicle; $5 per person on motorcycles, bicycles, or on foot.

5. Yellowstone National Park (2008 visitors - 3,066,580) - $25 per vehicle; $20 per motorcycle or snowmobile; $12 on skis or foot. Entrance fee is also good for Grand Teton National Park.

6. Cuyahoga Valley National Park (2008 visitors - 2,828,233) No entrance fee.

7. Rocky Mountain National Park (2008 visitors 2,757,390) - $20 per vehicle; $10 per person on motorcycles, bicycles, or on foot.

8. Zion National Park (2008 visitors - 2,690,154) - $25 per vehicle; $12 per person on motorcycles, bicycles, or on foot.

9. Grand Teton National Park (2008 visitors - 2,485,987) - $25 per vehicle; $20 per motorcycle or snowmobile; $12 on skis or on foot. Entrance fee is also good for Yellowstone National Park.

10. Acadia National Park (2008 visitors - 2,075,857) - $20 per vehicle from late-June through October. No charge from November through April. Reduced rest of year; $5 per person on motorcycles, bicycles, or on foot.

Here's where I found this http://www.valdosta....parks/fees.html Camping is extra,

Someone once told me "if you don't vote you don't have the right to b*!ch"

Go to a TRT meeting... Terry has always offered a ride to anyone willing to go..

Either way........ C U N DA SAND!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :driver: :thumb:
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

#38 Runnin A Fever

Runnin A Fever

Dune Shredder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Name:Shire

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

WTF is the green sticker money that CA is extorting from me go towards? Is that for something other than BLM managed land? I can't even non-op the quad I have that doesn't run - WTF! No wonder everyone is at their wits end over 10.00, when is enough, enough?

#39 sandawg

sandawg

Dune Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  • Location:Summer Season 2014 Idaho Dunes RV. St Anthony Idaho
  • Interests:Living the outdoor and sand life with friends as long as I'm able too!
  • Name:Pat

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

"COME TO ME WITH A SOLUTION, NOT JUST A COMPLAINT ABOUT SOMETHING"

Chiat people. Figure out a solution don't just post your gripes.

We had a Saturday meeting that only a very few folks attended! like 4. That was just a couple of months ago!

What you have to realize is that decisions are made about a year or more prior to them being considered or implemented. At the last meeting they talked about things that are not going to happen, if they do, for one or two years!!!!!

It's the government people, things take time to move forward. The economy is in shanbles, no taxes to fund things. What the heck is the BLM suppose to do????
First...They protect their own jobs!
Then they answer to the poeple that holler the loundest.....Tree Huggers!!!
I've posted this before, help the cause or just stand by and wait to see what happens!!!!!

Do I agree with what they do, Hell NO!!!!!!~. But to just bit*h and not do something to help solve the problem is a crock of crap!!!

Phew.....I feel better already!!!

:banghead:
LIFE'S JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE SHOULDN'T BE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING
IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY SHOUTING,

HOLY SH*T.....WHAT A RIDE !

#40 dunefreak

dunefreak

DDR resident

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,319 posts
  • Interests:duning, dual sport ADV, hiking, photography, nature, travel
  • Name:Pete

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

I thought I posted a VERY fair solution to this but nobody has said anything about it. I haven't heard back from the BLM yet, but I will be sure to get some answer eventually.

What do you think Terry? I think it is very fair.

05 Tech 3 Motorsports
06 Sandpiper

05 Dmax

85 ATC70, Lifan 110 electric start
12 KTM 690 Enduro R

https://www.facebook.com/dumontduneriders
http://www.actionshutter.net/
https://www.facebook...tterPhotography

Dumont grid map

#41 ynot

ynot

DDR resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • Interests:Duning, camping, etc, etc.
  • Name:Terry

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

I thought I posted a VERY fair solution to this but nobody has said anything about it. I haven't heard back from the BLM yet, but I will be sure to get some answer eventually.

What do you think Terry? I think it is very fair.

First I just want to say that I was not nor am I in favor of raising the weekly fee but due to the fact that the holiday's take up so much of our money I felt that the case was justified. Most weekly passes are sold for the holiday weekends so I went along with it. I am all for getting rid of the complicated system we have now as it is way to much of an enforcement and accounting headache.
As to a day pass i would love to see it but personally don't think I ever will. Due the lack of ability of having the "gate" guarded 24/7 and each pass having(since they are time/dated) to be closely inspected. It is not physically possible and the people who just can't seem to play by the rules no matter what it are going to try to take advantage of the situation by purchasing a day pass staying there several days and then leave when they know the gate will be unguarded.
I would like to see some sort of sticker that you could buy along with an annual pass that would allow another vehicle access but not be allowed to have toys whats so ever in it/on it etc. It could even be an actual sticker that goes on the family car. If you sell it the sticker must be removed and sent to BLM for a new one. They could have corresponding #'s or something like that. it's just a thought.
It is a problem that everything you deal with in government circles takes so much time or else it would be a lot easier.
As to the Glamis $25.00 weekly Pass it only happened that way because somebody dropped the ball and didn't get the proper paperwork submitted to the RAMP for a price increase in time for that year's meeting. So trust me it will change.

To put it short and simple I don't see anything changing this coming season as we have to have letters of support to the RAMP by August and from what I have seen here it would appear that's not going to happen so we will be stuck with what we have for another year till we get the chance to change it again.

Terry
President Friends of Dumont Dunes
Nevada OHV representitive to the BLM Dumont Dunes DAC Sub-Group

#42 Sin City RzR

Sin City RzR

Dune Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts
  • Name:Jay

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

The "artsy fartsy" sh*t as you put it came around because the honest people we have were copying the old ones on printers and using them thus avoiding paying at all. So as usual the few screw it up for the masses.

Thank you Terri. I agree with you on that, about the fuggers who copy em and ruin it for us. I just wanted to know what the reasoning was, and you answered. Thank you. Jay
AKA- Vegas400ex

I "kick-it" with NINJA's
Got sideways suspension?....................... I Do!

#43 bmitchell373

bmitchell373

Duner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Having fun!
  • Name:Bradly

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

I Vote flat yearly/weekly rate. I say $120 and $30 is fair. I do like the idea of a tear off tab for extra car with no toys.
Trying to enjoy my Raptor.

#44 Lady Busa

Lady Busa

Duner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, God, Outdoors, Peoples feelings.
  • Name:Fran

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

Ok, Hello all, and thank goodness we get to talk about this among all common folk who like to play hard. My family and I enjoy both dunning and trails. In San Bernardino County mountain ranges we buy a Wilderness Pass for the season for one it's $35.00 and we pay an additional $5.00 for second pass for the, you guessed it, the guest pass or day pass or whatever you want to call it. On a business end of it, when you are more general population friendly with folks, (like you and me) you will encourage more participants which in turn would increase revenue. Ok, so stop, you increase people you increase the stupidity, no not really. As one chimer indicated that he would love to have his Mom come out on the Holiday's to enjoy what she raised her children to enjoy, but lost the one soul mate that lead her and the children there all these years past! Some day she or he will not be able to come out. On the other hand, you have the up and comers to the dunes that may not want or be able to come when the rest of the fam comes out and perhaps, introduces their friends to the enjoyment of the dunes. Yep, you will get your idiots, but you get them anywhere.

Oh, for the ones that think this is a crazy price to pay, when was the last time you went to one of those commercial amusement parks, that you wait in a stinking line behind other people from gosh knows where only to smell their lack of personal hygiene and on your feet for 2 hours for what, 45 to 90 seconds of a thrill? Yep that for a fam of 4 would easily set you back $500.00 when the ONE day is done! Just think, no camp fires, no smores, no fireworks (oops did I say that) yes there out there and we know it. Ok, no runs with our friends that share a common interest, no North Pole funnies, No south Pole tributes to our Soldiers. I could go on, but I think by now, you get it.

Go to the River in the off season, if you stay at a State Park that would run you between $25 to 40 per night with hookups or arrive at the commercial parks and that will easily run you $45 to 55 per night. You can't run the river or lake like you run the dunes but you still have fun with friends and fam.

No, I don't want to pay anymore that I have to, but if I have to, to enjoy you, me and my friends and family, I will give up something for the extra few bucks. We are all grown, you can figure it out.

Thank you all for yoru time in this endeavour for our satisfaction of this recreational area.
2005 Itasca MH
2009 28" American Freedom Stacker
2004 Excursion
2005 Hyabusa Powered Sand Car, catch me if you can!
2002 Predator Sand Car "Hot Bus"
1 2009 RZR 170, FOR THE GRANDKIDS, and us adults to have a laugh or two.
Good ol' 250 R, to remember when!!!!
"Baby Step" 1610 VW 2 SEATER, to teach the grandkids
and many others depends on what we do!

I work hard, and Play Harder!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any other way?

#45 Lady Busa

Lady Busa

Duner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

WTF is the green sticker money that CA is extorting from me go towards? Is that for something other than BLM managed land? I can't even non-op the quad I have that doesn't run - WTF! No wonder everyone is at their wits end over 10.00, when is enough, enough?

Green sticker fee is the registration fee for the toy, not the tugs that get you there or the entrance fee to a park or Recreational area.
2005 Itasca MH
2004 Excursion

#46 Lady Busa

Lady Busa

Duner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

First I just want to say that I was not nor am I in favor of raising the weekly fee but due to the fact that the holiday's take up so much of our money I felt that the case was justified. Most weekly passes are sold for the holiday weekends so I went along with it. I am all for getting rid of the complicated system we have now as it is way to much of an enforcement and accounting headache.
As to a day pass i would love to see it but personally don't think I ever will. Due the lack of ability of having the "gate" guarded 24/7 and each pass having(since they are time/dated) to be closely inspected. It is not physically possible and the people who just can't seem to play by the rules no matter what it are going to try to take advantage of the situation by purchasing a day pass staying there several days and then leave when they know the gate will be unguarded.
I would like to see some sort of sticker that you could buy along with an annual pass that would allow another vehicle access but not be allowed to have toys whats so ever in it/on it etc. It could even be an actual sticker that goes on the family car. If you sell it the sticker must be removed and sent to BLM for a new one. They could have corresponding #'s or something like that. it's just a thought.
It is a problem that everything you deal with in government circles takes so much time or else it would be a lot easier.
As to the Glamis $25.00 weekly Pass it only happened that way because somebody dropped the ball and didn't get the proper paperwork submitted to the RAMP for a price increase in time for that year's meeting. So trust me it will change.

To put it short and simple I don't see anything changing this coming season as we have to have letters of support to the RAMP by August and from what I have seen here it would appear that's not going to happen so we will be stuck with what we have for another year till we get the chance to change it again.

Terry

New to DDR, but willing to go to meets too. Let me know or where to find out where.
2005 Itasca MH
2004 Excursion

#47 turbo_bruce

turbo_bruce

Dune Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:shooting and killing just for fun
  • Name:bruce

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

Green sticker fee is the registration fee for the toy, not the tugs that get you there or the entrance fee to a park or Recreational area.

wow some one is alittle lost :blonde:

#48 tylerthehucker

tylerthehucker

Dune Shredder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Name:tyler

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

i feel the complication is from this 'buy away from dumont OR at the gate' situation. make a cost for entry and charge that at the gate. the whole 'buy your pass elsewhere' is the problem. if people scrape by, comming in at night/leave at night then so be it. that will always happen, as will people driving through the little dunes in the middle of the day to avoid paying, people running passes out durring the day to avoid paying. its going to happen. make a 7 day fee, and a season long fee. find a clever blm way to make sure the season long pass cant (easily) be copied and sell it at the gate ONLY, as the week passes should be sold only at the gate. check passes on the way out (as it has been) and everything will be simplified.. my .02 but whatever the fees become, we'll most likely all pay them.. i know i will. i definitely appreciate having medical on site as myself (and a few others in camp) have used and appreciated very much

whatever happens, happy duning everybody

Edited by tylerthehucker, 15 June 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#49 Dune Dad

Dune Dad

Dune Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Anything Offroad, Dunes,Dunes and more Dunes! Shooting, Camping, Family, Taking the kids out and doing things with em, Friends, Rock crawling, 4X4 Muddin, Exploring mines, Etc... Just going out and enjoying life.. Dunes.. Desert..
  • Name:B.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

We know a few people that have not payed for the Pass in a few years... Whatever... I would not want to be caught out in the sand with out the pass..

These increased fees are just going to push a few more familys away from enjoying their sand dunes.. Every time I turn around there is another fee increase. In the country of Kailfornia that I live in "for now"..
The DMV has just about doubled the fees on everything.. Now were being hit at the riding areas too!!! :headbang1:

As for the BLM and their fees... Its got to stop some where, some time.. Give it a break!

We just want to go out and ride! :atv: Why increase the rental fee for the sand!!! We have always come back as good return customers... Why punish us for that???...

:coocoo:

Edited by Dune Family, 18 June 2010 - 08:34 AM.

#50 Kitcat

Kitcat

official shaver of cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, spending time with family, friends & pets
  • Name:Heather

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

We usually get the annual pass for $120. This year Mark won an annual pass at the clean up. :bump: Otherwise, we would probably still get the $120 one.
Posted Image

#51 jwcarguy

jwcarguy

Dune Shredder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Name:Jeff

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

offer day passes
06' Desert Dynamics / Buggy Works LT 5 seater
05' YFZ 450
05' Suzuki LTZ 400
04' Honda CR85R
Triple E Desert Star II mini buggy
08 Dodge Quad 4x4 Turbo Cummings

#52 ynot

ynot

DDR resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • Interests:Duning, camping, etc, etc.
  • Name:Terry

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

Just got notice that the Desert Advisory Group (DAC) pulled the request because there was not enough public input for the request to be heard. So this year everything stays the same.
President Friends of Dumont Dunes
Nevada OHV representitive to the BLM Dumont Dunes DAC Sub-Group

#53 PetesZ400

PetesZ400

Duner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

Yay :woo_hoo:

#54 hotrodcr

hotrodcr

Duner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name:Chris

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

why dont they just make it simple and charge per vehicle used on the dunes, and so much for overnight camping... period.. should not be any fee for people visiting in a regular licensed vehicle...

#55 Sincity_blondie

Sincity_blondie

DDR resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts
  • Interests:Live Music
    Road Trips
    Dunes and Lake/River
    Hanging with Great friends at the sand dunes
    Sporting events (hockey, football, UFC)
  • Name:Stacey

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

With the new season right around the corner, has the proposal been approved for the fee change?

NEVERMIND, JUST READ THE THREAD! DUH

Edited by Sincity_blondie, 05 September 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#56 CaptNkllm

CaptNkllm

Dune Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Name:David

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

With the new season right around the corner, has the proposal been approved for the fee change?
NEVERMIND, JUST READ THE THREAD! DUH

Your such a BLOND lol :MBdance:

Elloooo Stacie :P

Capt

#57 Sincity_blondie

Sincity_blondie

DDR resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts
  • Interests:Live Music
    Road Trips
    Dunes and Lake/River
    Hanging with Great friends at the sand dunes
    Sporting events (hockey, football, UFC)
  • Name:Stacey

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Your such a BLOND lol :MBdance:

Elloooo Stacie :P
Capt

Its Stacey! And yes sometimes I am! :blonde: Been a while since I was around here! Catching up on older threads.

#58 CaptNkllm

CaptNkllm

Dune Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Name:David

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

Its Stacey! And yes sometimes I am! :blonde: Been a while since I was around here! Catching up on older threads.

Stacie Stacey... YADDA YADDDA lol where you been hiding

Good to see you around

Capt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users