clean up weekend report

Sincity_blondie

I thought the turn out was very good considering alot cancelled because of the weather. Ill have to let Terry post the final figure of how many signed up. It was a bit windy at times, but the weather held out till the end when we were cleaning everything up.I was glad to get back out there this year working registration. I have some pics ill post a little later.

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped out our dunes!

I will have to contact BLM but we were in excess of 225 people that signed up. Filled both dumpsters about 3/4 full so even though the wind had blown a lot of the easy stuff to see away it took some hard work by the volunteers to find that much trash. Mostly firepit clean ups. Please let me remind everybody that "Corona" or any other glass bottles do not melt back to sand when left in a fire nor do nails tin cans, beer cans and other assorted manufactured items. Please pack out more than you pack in!

My thanks to my registration volunteers who are like clockwork at 07:30 and wanting to get set up and start registering people.

Thanks to Stacey, Cynthia(?) and Jodi and Ms. Dincolada for her help on the trailer handing all the prizes to her family members who won a lot of good prizes. We were done at 1:15 and Accuweather said it was going to rain at 2 and it started spitting right about that time. Thanks to ALL helped and turned out in crap weather to clean up the place. I cannot express my gratitude enough to my Board of Directors, my volunteers and the businesses who supported us with donations. IMHO I thought it went well but I do have to get the speaker system a little more "tuned" in.

Next year we may be moving registration over to the BLM camp area to use that cover and pads.

Again Thanks to all that came out and to those who supported the event.

Terry

Thats funny that you mention fire pit contents. When we landed by #3 picked a previous pit to camp next to and found it to be full of glass bottles,screw nails and cans. We cleaned it and the following morning cleaned like 6 more to find the came thing. I am curious if anyone used the fire pit near the dumpsters. There were lots of people in that area. As I was leaving I went to check out how much trash was collected in the dumpsters and noticed that fire pit???

Also found this bag in the sand during the clean up, And spotted Wile E. Coyote as we were leaving! LOl

post-39-0-64399300-1332131866_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-31560200-1332131890_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-94342100-1332132022_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-21296000-1332132077_thumb.jpg

Ok so I'm out here for the clean up weekend and I been duning for over 10 years and I been stuck out here before were I have buried my car now I also never met anyone from DDR and just my luck today I get buried Luke a MOFO so here comes SAND SNAKE to the rescue but before he helps me out he laughs and takes some good pics so thanks I owe you a beer.

Here is my version...lol

Coming back from a quad ride w/ Joe Duner and noticed a rail HIGH CENTERED at the top of COMP, Went back to camp and watched from camp, had a beer and a few laughs as we watched this guy trying to dig his car out from the back side of the hill. Noticed the sun was going down and it might be time to help a guy out, Regardless of why he tried to go straight over the top of the hill??? Went up, asked if he wanted help, started lacing the super strap and noticed a familiar name on the wing( Dirty Nacho) Had to stop and advise him of his situtation and how pictures were necessary before I snatched him out of this HOLE. lol

post-39-0-82471300-1332132916_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-49809000-1332132931_thumb.jpg

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

Well the weather was not as bad as expected and we did pretty well at the raffle. Not as well as some years, but I love this weekend at minimum for the kids. Thanks to everyone that supports this.

Terry-Hope you were hugging the road coming out in your RV to let us pass on Sunday. If not sorry about passing you.

post-5289-0-83130500-1332142468_thumb.jp

Here is my version...lol

Coming back from a quad ride w/ Joe Duner and noticed a rail HIGH CENTERED at the top of COMP, Went back to camp and watched from camp, had a beer and a few laughs as we watched this guy trying to dig his car out from the back side of the hill. Noticed the sun was going down and it might be time to help a guy out, Regardless of why he tried to go straight over the top of the hill??? Went up, asked if he wanted help, started lacing the super strap and noticed a familiar name on the wing( Dirty Nacho) Had to stop and advise him of his situtation and how pictures were necessary before I snatched him out of this HOLE. lol

Steve and I saw this guy on friday. Nice car. His wife, (we Assume) blew the motor in her Trex as we were watching some SxS run banshie hill.

Well the weather was not as bad as expected and we did pretty well at the raffle. Not as well as some years, but I love this weekend at minimum for the kids. Thanks to everyone that supports this.

Terry-Hope you were hugging the road coming out in your RV to let us pass on Sunday. If not sorry about passing you.

When the road is bad I go pretty slow cause I can hear every dish,pot, pan and other assorted things rattling around. No problem on the pass. Guys with trailers don't have to listen to the stuff so they don't know the damage that is being done. I will usually pull over and let others pass who are in a hutrry to get home. Let's me enjoy the last glimpses of the dunes just a little longer.:)

Terry

Thanks Terry for letting my family be a part of the cleanup everyone there did a awesome job and we will be there for shure next year rain, wind ,or shine.

It was our pleasure having you guys there!!

Hands down best weekend of the season.

It was nice to have my old role back as photographer for the event. I haven't had a chance to go through them yet. Terry I will get them on a disc and over to you as quickly as I can.

Was happy at the turn out, weather wasn't too bad.

little bit of drama, but nothing that I am sorry couldn't fix :)

Soo many laughs ..

Country karaoke

Let's take a trip down the stairs

Hauler two step lessons

Sailor Jerry

Pizza party .. introduced a few more to the glorious pizzazz

Sand hill rolling

I ended up with a bad azz chair!

Great ride

Two hour trip to the north pole

Thank you everyone for making it a fabulous weekend!

I'll post pictures later tonight.

Edited by sand chick
  • Like 1

Thanks to Stacey, Cynthia(?) and Jodi

Terry,

You are welcome and really, this was an honor for me. BTW - I go by Christina.

If you host "Clean Up" next I will be there at 0730 with coffee in hand to help you.

******To everyone else, thank you for all that participated****** and as soon as I get a chance I will post a thorough report including rides, fun, and interception of Sandsnakes T-shirt.

Christina

Thanks to Stacey, Cynthia(?) and Jodi

Terry,

You are welcome and really, this was an honor for me. BTW - I go by Christina.

If you host "Clean Up" next I will be there at 0730 with coffee in hand to help you.

******To everyone else, thank you for all that participated****** and as soon as I get a chance I will post a thorough report including rides, fun, and interception of Sandsnakes T-shirt.

Christina

Sorry Cynthia I am lousy with names but I was at least closer than usual:). I plan on being host for a little while longer or until I can find someone to take over. It is an open position1

Thanks for all your help and support!

**sorry so my report is so late**BUSY all week** But here it is :hello:

Locked & Loaded Thursday afternoon. I started in North Las Vegas and made my way to Dumont in a few hours. I arrived with the sun shining, warm weather, smooth dunes, and VegasStyle relaxing. Unloaded and headed out to comp hill to take a picture to send to my Husband; let him know I made it safely.

Due to Mother Nature, comp hill had a few new ripples near the top of the hill. After going up & down comp a few times we headed around through the back side of Comp and made our way to camp. NO, need for a camp fire…It was really a waste of wood – the weather was comfortable for shorts & T-shirts.

Friday – We went out on a few relaxing rides.

Saturday- I woke up right on time to get ready and head over to the "Clean Up" registration booth with Stacey. At first I was unclear what I will be doing as a volunteer; but needless to say, Stacey spoke right up and informed me. "Come on Down, Don’t be Shy" sign the clip board, get a ticket for AWESOME prizes (whips, chairs, tools, ATV tours, Season Passes, goggles, and much more), buy additional tickets for 50/50 prize, and grab a few garbage bags to pick up trash…. Simple, I can do this.

After a fast morning, it was time for lunch (providing by BLM) and Terry drew names for the amazing prizes. I had ‘1’ ticket in the drawing and I WON – a magnetic pen. I passed it on to MarbleMD.

"Watch out!" – Shirts are flying into the crowd, people are excited and having fun. ---SandSnake is standing on the back of an XP – one is headed Jim’s direction; he leaned over the top of the XP and was within reach of the T-shirt (and when I thought it was a touchdown)… some random guy came out of nowhere, and intercepted it. LMAO

Later that afternoon, after the winds died down, Aundrea (my niece/kid) and I loaded up for a putt putt ride on the RZR…but we were stopped by SandSnake…Quad ride instead. I geared up as fast as I could and hopped onto my quad…wait, I forget my gloves & goggles. Ran back to get them and fell down the stairs; leaving a painful bruise on my elbow…but at that moment I didn’t care – "we were going on a ride." We headed out for relaxing scenic ride.

Wind, Wind, Wind ruined dinner. I tried to cook steaks wrapped in bacon & baked potatoes in the oven – YUCK! So, I headed over to CampIdiot’s dune home and watched them dance & sing along to county music – They appeared to be having tooooooooo much fun, so I decided to join the fun.

Good Morning Sunday – "Kids Ride" – Here we go… 2 RZR’s, 2 dirt bikes, 3 quads headed to the North Pole. This ride was diffidently trial & error from; stalled bikes, RZR buried to the frame due to stopping on a side hill to assist one of the children (Marble MD to the rescue), one jumped a razor back dune (it appeared to be a clean jump, until boobs hit the bars), witches eye popped out of nowhere, quad buried, leg & toes ran over by RZR, ect. After all this excitement it only took about 2hrs to get from camp to the Nrth Pole with NO Injuries.

Last Ride of the Weekend – After the kids ride, we headed back to camp and loaded everything. We are ready to head back to Vegas and Jodi said, "We are going on a GOOD ride" …. I asked my husband if he wanted to go – "Sure" – We unloaded and headed out…. I will keep this short and sweet – "HEART Pounding FUN" This ride was completed with the guys jumping and the girlz taking pictures.

*MarbleMD has a video posted also with cute bubble effects*

Thankx to everyone for a FUNtastic weekend. See ya next time.

So, I headed over to CampIdiot’s dune home and watched them dance & sing along to county music – They appeared to be having tooooooooo much fun, so I decided to join the fun.

Thankx to everyone for a FUNtastic weekend. See ya next time.

There is no such thing as tooooooo much fun :laughing:

That was the weekend highlight! Good peeps right there CampIdiot, wife Nikki, and Dan (Bob) :drinkbeer:

Ok I am finally able to report in since I just now returned home from Dumont since last Friday was an amazing week out there but first off thanks to Terry for the great advise to come out it was a lot of fun my family and I cleaned up slot we won the trophy for most bags kinda cool also won some great prizes so thank you Terry and everyone who helped out big thanks. Now as for sand snake yeah he helped me out but no big deal like they said we all have done it once or twice lol, and mr. Brown sand yes that was my wife in the teryx and I want to report she did not blow the motor as I also thought she did. Now you see what had happened was...... I overfilled the oil and in this year teryx a slight overflow can cause this car to smoke out like you saw it when going at an incline. Anyhow was great week out there dunes mostly to me was fun got some serious riding now it's time to return to reality where life is just a ok.