trash at comp

Again... I'd like to thank everyone who helped out with cleaning up comp hill this afternoon. We filled up the entire back of my truck with about 7-8 bags of trash. I can't believe some people! :banghead: First...the people that leave all that trash there in the first place.... :banghead: ...then all the people that just watched us pick up the trash and not help out at all. A few people and there kids did help us a bit. That was cool to see that SOME people care and wanted to help. Others just sat back and looked at us like we were crazy.

At one point, I think it was sand~snake that heard a lady say, "oh look, they have people that come out here and clean this up!" :undecided: HELLO???? No they don't have people that clean it up...other than 2 volunteers, Don & Ellen (the camp hosts), they don't have anyone other than duners like us that appreciate Dumont and want to take care of the place. You don't sh*t where ya eat, people!

I hope more people become pro-active and try and take care of Dumont so we don't have to keep cleaning everyone's crap up! :laughing:

First off, pack it in, pack it EVEN MORE out...that's a no-brainer :beercheers:

Second: your last day at the dunes, grab a trash bag and go over to comp and fill your bag up. We took over about 10 of us and it took about 45 minutes WITH TEN PEOPLE. If more people helped out, teh less we would all have to do.

Third: If you plan on partying over at comp, bring a trash bag or two with you.

Thanks to crazymexeddie, vegas style, racnjasen, and anyone else that threw some trash in the bag of their trucks to haul back home. Even after dispersing the trash to all the trucks, Eddie's truck was STILL full!

S2010074~1.JPG

S2010073~2.JPG

S2010069~1.JPG

S2010068~2.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah no kidding they want to shut down our favorite play place because of a lizard and these a-holes just want to make it a little easier. even my 5 yr old knows better before we left saturday night we made sure all around our area was picked up along with trash thats obviously been there awhile and like pete always says pack it in and pack more out.

THANK YOU DDR :beercheers:

Im sure you guys picked it up but saturday night people were throwing their beer cans in the fire at comp just like in camp....I told a couple people about it when they did it and they looked at me like I was crazy and would pull them back out :beercheers: so whatever.

:undecided::laughing:

Walt and I got back to camp after seeing you guys out there picking up trash so we grabbed a cpl garbage bags and headed out in the Rhino. You had all left and the place looked good. But since we were there we picked up another bag full and a cooler lid and headed back to camp. While I was picking up some trash these people had thrown their water bottles on the ground. I asked them are these yours? He looked at me with the same brand bottle in his hand and said Yeah. He then picked them up and threw them in my bag. I know they would have left them if I hadn't embarrased him in front of his family.

Thanks to all who helped it does my heart good to see others who care about the place!

I am a firm believer in pack it in and PACK IT MORE out. Now I really don't have to even ask my kids to start picking up the left over trash in camp before we leave, they just do it. Even though I expect them to pick up any trash around, I still praise them for doing it....pass it to them and hopefully they'll pass it on to their kids (now there's a scary thought).

From now on though, I will make it a point to go to Comp with the kids and pick up trash on our last day, maybe just bring lunch over there.

See everyone Vet Days weekend.

Good job Pete! :undecided: I wished I had known you were going over there, I would have joined you with the fam. I hate people that just don't care. It is those a-holes that will end up ruining it for everyone else. :beercheers:

Good job, PETE? Good job, everyone! It was Jim (Sand~Snake's) idea. He came back from comp Sunday afternoon and told everyone how much trash was over there. He suggested that we go help pick it up. Everyone hopped on a bike or in the back of my truck and we went over to tackle the problem. I should of stopped by your camp on the way, but it's all good. We had quite a few peeps helping out already. :laughing:

Good job, PETE? Good job, everyone! It was Jim (Sand~Snake's) idea. He came back from comp Sunday afternoon and told everyone how much trash was over there. He suggested that we go help pick it up. Everyone hopped on a bike or in the back of my truck and we went over to tackle the problem. I should of stopped by your camp on the way, but it's all good. We had quite a few peeps helping out already. :laughing:

Sorry! :undecided: I mean Good job Jim! :beercheers: Either way it is good to see some that stick with the motto od "Pack it in, pack even more out! Good job to all the peeps that took it upon themselves to pick up some othe a-holes trash! :banghead:

Seriously :beercheers::undecided::laughing: WTF Is the matter with people they are just disrespectful pigs now a days. We need a banner on the trucks or something when we go to comp that says "please take your trash with you if you like duning here" Trash is a great excuse to close Dumont, Dont let that happen. That may have been a little nicer than what I would really like to put but maybe that would make the SWINE think :banghead:

yep people are abunch of pigs. it happens everywhere. we go to moab ut every april for easter jeep safari. there is a place there called patao salad hill. its the local party spot and it is always has garbadge everywhere. last year me my dad and my 4yo and 8yo daughter went out earlie one morning and spent 2 hours picking up other peoples trash. it sucks but what are we going to do let others get our areas closed down.

you can count on us to do our part during thanksgiving weekend :beercheers:

we go baker,the way home and see atleast 5- 10 bags of trash that people dont tie down or something,,now that pisses me off :beercheers: does anyone else see this shiyt on the road ways leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

we go baker,the way home and see atleast 5- 10 bags of trash that people dont tie down or something,,now that pisses me off :thumbsdown: does anyone else see this shiyt on the road ways leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Yep...same crap going the Tecopa way...even a complete BBQ.

Again... I'd like to thank everyone who helped out with cleaning up comp hill this afternoon. We filled up the entire back of my truck with about 7-8 bags of trash. I can't believe some people! :loser: First...the people that leave all that trash there in the first place.... :loser: ...then all the people that just watched us pick up the trash and not help out at all. A few people and there kids did help us a bit. That was cool to see that SOME people care and wanted to help. Others just sat back and looked at us like we were crazy.

At one point, I think it was sand~snake that heard a lady say, "oh look, they have people that come out here and clean this up!" :laughoff: HELLO???? No they don't have people that clean it up...other than 2 volunteers, Don & Ellen (the camp hosts), they don't have anyone other than duners like us that appreciate Dumont and want to take care of the place. You don't sh*t where ya eat, people!

I hope more people become pro-active and try and take care of Dumont so we don't have to keep cleaning everyone's crap up! :loser:

First off, pack it in, pack it EVEN MORE out...that's a no-brainer :laughoff:

Second: your last day at the dunes, grab a trash bag and go over to comp and fill your bag up. We took over about 10 of us and it took about 45 minutes WITH TEN PEOPLE. If more people helped out, teh less we would all have to do.

Third: If you plan on partying over at comp, bring a trash bag or two with you.

Thanks to crazymexeddie, vegas style, racnjasen, and anyone else that threw some trash in the bag of their trucks to haul back home. Even after dispersing the trash to all the trucks, Eddie's truck was STILL full!

S2010074~1.JPG

S2010073~2.JPG

S2010069~1.JPG

S2010068~2.JPG

My hat goes off to you guys.

Thanks,

Bound4Dirt & family

we go baker,the way home and see atleast 5- 10 bags of trash that people dont tie down or something,,now that pisses me off :laughoff: does anyone else see this shiyt on the road ways leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Right. Make sure after you get it into a trash bag, tie it down. I wonder if people don't want to haul it home and just leave it on the side of the road??? Maybe (if not already) there should be a dumpster set aside to through these clean-up bags away?

Right. Make sure after you get it into a trash bag, tie it down. I wonder if people don't want to haul it home and just leave it on the side of the road??? Maybe (if not already) there should be a dumpster set aside to through these clean-up bags away?

This has been discussed before. Dumpsters at Dumont will only cause MORE trash and problems. People just need to take a little more time caring about getting the trash HOME and into their trash cans. It's not that hard. I have been doing it ever since I have been going to Dumont. Even with all those bags of trash from comp in the back of our trucks on the drive home, we managed to get it home no problem without flying out. :laughoff:

This has been discussed before. Dumpsters at Dumont will only cause MORE trash and problems. People just need to take a little more time caring about getting the trash HOME and into their trash cans. It's not that hard. I have been doing it ever since I have been going to Dumont. Even with all those bags of trash from comp in the back of our trucks on the drive home, we managed to get it home no problem without flying out. :laughoff:

I am new and didn't it was discussed, but, maybe hand out orange bags and ONLY orange bags go into the dumspter?

I am new and didn't it was discussed, but, maybe hand out orange bags and ONLY orange bags go into the dumspter?

It's ok, I wasn't getting on you about it being discussed before. :laughoff: Just wanted to let ya know.

I don't think should ever be dumpsters of any kind out there. I beleive they will cause more harm than good.

Unfortunatley there will always be p.o.s. litter bugs out there. There are plenty of people that care about Dumont. Those people just need to start doing more to help the situation like we did last trip out.

Even if everyone picked up there trash, don't forget...trash acumulates by accident too. I pick up my trash all the time, but I am sure there are times the wind has taken some of ours out of camp without us knowing. Everyone just needs to care just a LITTLE bit more and it really won't be much of an issue. :D There are enough people out there that if more people did just a little bit, it would make a huge difference.