5/28/07 day trip report

dunefreak

I just strolled in and I must say...today was an awesome day. :D It felt good to get some riding in.

We got there about 6:30 AM- a tad later than expected, but not too bad. The weather was gorgeous, the sand was soooooo smooth, the razors were SHARP and STEEP, and it was some good times. :laughing:

Jim (sand~snake) had a head gasket problem about 10 minutes into the 1st ride. :laughing: He was done for the day. Good thing we brought beer! :clap::cry::beerpint:

The rides were great. We met up with (forgot his name) a guy from Dirt Wheels magazine out at the north pole. Ken's Colors told us he'd be out there. Him and his buddy had some pretty nice bikes. He snapped off some pics of us and said he'd submit them for the magazine. We'll have to see if that pans out. :D

We rode for a few hours. We went out about 3 or 4 times and were done riding about 12:00. It was getting a little warm, but was bearable in my book. :beerpint::D

Bert's new DS had a battery issue. :dunno: It just died and battery was fried. :think: I guess DS650's have a problem with overcharging or something. hmm Back to the dealer it goes. :flipoff::flipoff:

Woody (wsky70) met up with us out there too. That was way cool. Good times, Woods! :blury:

All together it was a great day. We shared some good laughes like always with some good company. :D

Some pics and an "observation list" to come.....

Just arriving at 6:30

normal_S2010391.JPG

normal_S2010392.JPG

normal_S2010395.JPG

normal_S2010396.JPG

Woody strolling in just minutes after us...

normal_S2010398.JPG

WAKE UP! :dunno::laughing:

normal_S2010399.JPG

normal_S2010402.JPG

beautiful sand...

normal_S2010403.JPG

10 minute sinto the 1st ride- Jim's head gasket issue :(

normal_S2010404.JPG

epic dune rides...

normal_S2010405.JPG

normal_S2010406.JPG

chillen at the :blury:

normal_S2010408.JPG

normal_S2010410.JPG

checkin out the Z450

normal_S2010412.JPG

normal_S2010413.JPG

yeah...I'm missing in this pic because someone had to take it :flipoff:

normal_S2010415.JPG

priceless... :laughing:

normal_S2010416.JPG

wsky70...

normal_S2010417.JPG

looking towards south pole...

normal_S2010418.JPG

@ the south pole...

normal_S2010419.JPG

normal_S2010420.JPG

hitten Banshee Hill...

normal_S2010421.JPG

Aaron testing out his new stock 450 :beerpint::cry: ...

normal_S2010422.JPG

Bert telling me I'm number one after jump starting his new quad with my old Craptor :flipoff::beerpint:

normal_S2010423.JPG

couple more...

normal_S2010426.JPG

the closer it got to noon- the harder it got to read the dunes :cry: ...

normal_S2010427.JPG

normal_S2010430.JPG

a view from the top of comp- looking towards the north pole...

normal_S2010433.JPG

normal_S2010437.JPG

SandYFZ on comp

normal_S2010434.JPG

normal_S2010435.JPG

wsky70 on comp

normal_S2010436.JPG

just chillen enjoying the breeze in our faces scoping out the dunes B) ...

normal_S2010438.JPG

possibley a new favorite pic! :D

normal_S2010439.JPG

camp area (not too many, but a few other duners out there besides us :D)

normal_S2010440.JPG

normal_S2010441.JPG

normal_S2010442.JPG

normal_S2010443.JPG

regretting the idea of going home at this point :laughing: ...

normal_S2010444.JPG

EFF that road- it still sucks! :beerpint: We're driving over here! :flipoff::laughing:

normal_S2010445.JPG

same crap road- still not rolled or oiled :blury:

normal_S2010447.JPG

normal_S2010448.JPG

a few "observations"

-the drive through Pahrump seems like an eternity :banghead: , but not to Bert :cry:

-watching Ultimate X while sippinng on refreshments in the back seat makes the drive better :clap::laughing:

-summer rides are great

-even half a day of a sand fix puts me in a great mood :grin:

-always bring extra beer- you'll drink it :beerpint:

-it's close to noon on a day at the end of May and it's getting hot.......check it out- WHO CARES! We're in the dunes and not at work! :flipoff::beerpint:

-the entrance road still sucks and is wash boarded to hell :blury:

-the river was DRY

-the south pole was a lil bent over but we fixed her up :D

-someone destroyed bathroom 10 :barf::blury:

-did I mention the sand was smooth as hell? yep- it was! :flipoff:

-it was great to get our friend, Mike, back out to the dunes after almost 2 years! Riding with some of our original crew felt great.

-we didn't dune as crazy as we usually do, but it was just as much fun :D

-Mike had to go "talk to someone about a horse" :laughoff:

-Aaron (SandYFZ) complains alot but it just wouldn't be the same if he didn't :laughoff::laughing: good times, Aaron! :dunno:

-Bert's medium duty kicks a$$, but the back seat gets old after a while :cripple::think:

a few "observations"

-the drive through Pahrump seems like an eternity :banghead: , but not to Bert :cry:

-watching Ultimate X while sippinng on refreshments in the back seat makes the drive better :clap::laughing:

-summer rides are great

-even half a day of a sand fix puts me in a great mood :grin:

-always bring extra beer- you'll drink it :beerpint:

-it's close to noon on a day at the end of May and it's getting hot.......check it out- WHO CARES! We're in the dunes and not at work! :flipoff::beerpint:

-the entrance road still sucks and is wash boarded to hell :barf:

-the river was DRY

-the south pole was a lil bent over but we fixed her up :D

-someone destroyed bathroom 10 :grin::blury:

-did I mention the sand was smooth as hell? yep- it was! :flipoff:

-it was great to get our friend, Mike, back out to the dunes after almost 2 years! Riding with some of our original crew felt great.

-we didn't dune as crazy as we usually do, but it was just as much fun :D

-Mike had to go "talk to someone about a horse" :laughoff:

-Aaron (SandYFZ) complains alot but it just wouldn't be the same if he didn't :laughoff::laughing: good times, Aaron! :dunno:

-Bert's medium duty kicks a$$, but the back seat gets old after a while :blury::think:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^As long as I have known him :cripple:

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Yeah, had a great time out there today, the Sand was so SMOOTH, good times riding and just hanging out with friends. We need to do that again sooner than later. Here's some pics I got, and Pete is in a couple. Oh yeah....I know what's robbing my horsepower...... Good times Gents, see ya again soon.....Semper Fi, Woody :blury:

070529030.jpg

070529031.jpg

070529033.jpg

070529035.jpg

070529040.jpg

070529041.jpg

070529042.jpg

070529043.jpg

070529045.jpg

Ya I know i complain non stop,all while having a great time :blury: Ive always been like that,i come by it honestly.You guys act like this was the first time we met :flipoff: Atleast im consistent and you know what to expect. :D Well yesterday was awesome,even though i cant figure out my bike cutting out it was more than running good enough for the dune rides which were smooth as hell.That was a really nice day considering i expected it to be sweltering hot.The wind kept the temps down enough to make it more than manageable.After driving down the road out i think my spine needs to be realigned.That was rediculous :laughing: I wasnt even sore until we drove down that road.Lots of good laughs all day long.Overall an awesome day!!Couldnt have spent it with a better group. :laughing:

Already checked out the bike....I think just a battery.Its not overcharging. :blury:

ATV connection forums say to install the Odyssey battery.It lasts alot longer but its still under warranty so back to the dealer.

yeah, def the odyssey battery for the beast.!!!

Already checked out the bike....I think just a battery.Its not overcharging. :shoot_head:

ATV connection forums say to install the Odyssey battery.It lasts alot longer but its still under warranty so back to the dealer.

The part number is PC545....invest in the shiny orange battery ASAP!!!!lol