Verizon or AT&T for the Southern Nevada and Southern Cal Area

Sandpirates2

:censored: Ok boy and girls, I'm dropping Sprint Cell Service for a mulitude of reasons but mainly because they are more expensive and their service sucks in the Lake Mead Rec Area on the lake and they at best spotty at the Big D. I've had problems with them while riding the back areas near searchlight and into and around Bullhead at Lake Mojave. So, I do spend alot of time traveling the USA, and International, but 60% of my travel is between here in Vegas and the LA area. Just looking for some input on remotes locations and our local Sand Box at Dumont and up North in Utah as well.

SP2 Mike

:banghead:

My AT&T does not work at Dumont or Duck Creek, Utah and I hear that Verizon does. If I didn't have a really good rate from years back I would switch to Verizon.

I just made the switch to verizion also... they are the only carrier that works in central and northern Nv. and we used our Verizion air card from Vegas to Murietta, Ca (SP) and only lost signal once on Baker pass, but that was it.

:censored: Ok boy and girls, I'm dropping Sprint Cell Service for a mulitude of reasons but mainly because they are more expensive and their service sucks in the Lake Mead Rec Area on the lake and they at best spotty at the Big D. I've had problems with them while riding the back areas near searchlight and into and around Bullhead at Lake Mojave. So, I do spend alot of time traveling the USA, and International, but 60% of my travel is between here in Vegas and the LA area. Just looking for some input on remotes locations and our local Sand Box at Dumont and up North in Utah as well.

SP2 Mike

:banghead:

Work changed from Verizon to AT&T a while back. Best thing that ever happened :D I don't have coverage anywhere compared to Verizon. Some voicemails take longer than the postal service. The best thing is AT&T has very limited coverage at Dumont compared to Verizon. In fact I can see Las Vegas on the way home and still not be able to make a cell call.

My personal wireless card (Verizon) has also coverage in a lot of places including Dumont where I can't make an AT&T cell call.

I love AT&T

Eli

Work changed from Verizon to AT&T a while back. Best thing that ever happened :D I don't have coverage anywhere compared to Verizon. Some voicemails take longer than the postal service. The best thing is AT&T has very limited coverage at Dumont compared to Verizon. In fact I can see Las Vegas on the way home and still not be able to make a cell call.

My personal wireless card (Verizon) has also coverage in a lot of places including Dumont where I can't make an AT&T cell call.

I love AT&T

Eli

That is Funny :poop:

I had an Iphone and ATT. I paid the disconnect fee and threw my Iphone in the garbage. The phone sucked, the service sucked, I switched to Verizon and LOVE IT!!!! :banghead:

For me it's AT&T. At Dumont I just get a Verizon pre-paid phone to handle any emergency calls. At my cabin in Duck Creek, AT&T is the only service that will get reception on both cell and air card..Verizon blows inside. Since Alltel and Verizon merged, maybe the service will be better than anyone out there, but for now I'm an AT&T believer.

Edited by ash

:beercheers: Thanks for all the input - you can look at those coverage maps until your blue in the face, but getting a good survey from the DDR Peeps always works the best for most things like this - so we signed up for Verizon today, got their family plan 1400, plus the Air-Card, and my company gets 22% discount with them so it all worked out well. They just announced as of Sunday the 15th, that if your on a 1400 min plan, you can also add 10 phone numbers for peeps with any service and that all calls to / from them are unlimited and free also....

Thanks again to all the DDR Peeps for the updates.

SP2 Mike

:unsure:

Edited by Sandpirates2