Battle @ Primm Pics

chris1223

I have about 400 pics. Pete - What is the trick to that camera? - I am not all that happy with the unquality photos...

Well due it being so overcast that day, I would probably have bumped up the exposure and/ or changed the white balance setting to cloudy. This will give more light to your pics. Also, since the cars were jamming by pretty fast you would probably want it on the sport setting for a faster shutter speed (for less blur).

Make sure your qaulity is on fine instead of normal too. ;) (menu/ image qaulity)

If you have any favorite ones that are just dark, but decent quality, I can adjust them for you if you want. Just post em up.

Well due it being so overcast that day, I would probably have bumped up the exposure and/ or changed the white balance setting to cloudy. This will give more light to your pics. Also, since the cars were jamming by pretty fast you would probably want it on the sport setting for a faster shutter speed (for less blur).

Make sure your qaulity is on fine instead of normal too. ;) (menu/ image qaulity)

If you have any favorite ones that are just dark, but decent quality, I can adjust them for you if you want. Just post em up.

Pete :lol:

Pete :blink:

Yaay, I was right. :moon:

I really learned alot from you about cameras this weekend, Lee. Thank you. :lol: I'd like to hook up some more and shoot the camera chit w/ ya again sometime soon. (hopefully the 70 regatta)

Anna said also enjoyed talking with such an intelligent person. :blah:

I have about 400 pics. Pete - What is the trick to that camera? - I am not all that happy with the unquality photos...

It's like Pete said and the more you can do with the camera the less you have to do editing. I can shoot a couple hundred pics in the time I spend editing some pics. Basics, like the pic with the black truck, it's backlit and the subject is already black, it's always better to have the sun at your back which makes colors pop too, unless you're doing an artsy fartsy art composition, . It took quite a bit of tweaking to get the truck pic better.

post-1632-1235036196_thumb.jpg

Edited by RUn2it

Yaay, I was right. :moon:

I really learned alot from you about cameras this weekend, Lee. Thank you. :lol: I'd like to hook up some more and shoot the camera chit w/ ya again sometime soon. (hopefully the 70 regatta)

Anna said also enjoyed talking with such an intelligent person. :blah:

She didn't appear to be that sauced :blink: :clown:

The sequntial shooting is a great option to have, but is that my problem? Can I have adjustments and that option also?

I know this is just a point-n-shoot, but I think the pics could have been better. There are a few that look great for that kind of camera, so I know it has some capabilities - I guess I just need to play with it...

The sequntial shooting is a great option to have, but is that my problem? Can I have adjustments and that option also?

I know this is just a point-n-shoot, but I think the pics could have been better. There are a few that look great for that kind of camera, so I know it has some capabilities - I guess I just need to play with it...

When I said sport I didn't necessarily mean high speed continuous mode or sequential. (That is the drive setting on that camera) I meant the sport setting which would be under the SCN settings. Those are the preset selectable settings for different conditions (in this case fast shutter). In that mode you can still adjust the white balance and exposure comp. When in sport mode, you can still select normal or continous mode for the drive, but for some reason it won't let you pick HI speed continous.

When I said sport I didn't necessarily mean high speed continuous mode or sequential. (That is the drive setting on that camera) I meant the sport setting which would be under the SCN settings. Those are the preset selectable settings for different conditions (in this case fast shutter). In that mode you can still adjust the white balance and exposure comp. When in sport mode, you can still select normal or continous mode for the drive, but for some reason it won't let you pick HI speed continous.

IC - Well the sequential thing works kewl, so Guess I need to get the timing thing down for the sport/better pics.

I know it is only a point-n-shoot...

IC - Well the sequential thing works kewl, so Guess I need to get the timing thing down for the sport/better pics.

I know it is only a point-n-shoot...

yeah the high speed continuous setting makes it easy to capture a sequence, but I was rather disappointed with the quality too when we used that feature back in June. Even on that well lit morning run that we when on back in June, the pics weren't super clear and well focused. :thumb:

normal_P6270339.JPG

normal_P6270340.JPG

normal_P6270341.JPG

normal_P6270342.JPG

normal_P6270343.JPG

You can still use the continuous mode on sport, but it won't allow for the high speed continuous setting.

With a good timing, steady hand, and a fast shutter...you can still get pretty good action pics with that camera. Keep in mind, light has alot to do with a well focused, crystal clear action pic.

Back on our trip to G, I took these with my Olympus..

normal_Glamis_Oct_24-26_2008_185.jpg

normal_Glamis_Oct_24-26_2008_216.jpg

normal_Glamis_Oct_24-26_2008_204.jpg

When shootin fast moving objects, it also helps to follow or "pan" the camera in the direction the subject is moving. ;) And like Lee said, try and always have the sun to your back too.