data plans....used to be unlimited...now 250k and 5g?

Richard Cheese

those of you that have data plans....how fast are you burning through your monthly allotment?

both att and t and verizon havethe 250k for about 30 and the 5g for about 60 amonth.....when my girl was born...i burned through over 5g in the 3.5 days I was in the hospital

what are you guys doing for a data plan, and how much are you on the internet on your phone...also....maybe some tips for not running up extremely high bills?

I just got a new phone. I got a samsung rogue. I love it! I overran my limit pretty quick,; on the first months bill, I had a surcharge of around $30 extra, because I was checking my DDR .

:headbang1: , but only from the home desktop from now on!

You can still get the unlimited on the IPHONE. Cheese was asking about the Wireless Air Cards for the Lap Tops. We all kinda ran off into a different direction including myself.

actually im asking about phone data...on both websites...unless im reading it wrong....its limited to 250k and 5g

ive been wrong before

Verizon use to advertise their air cards as unlimited but it really is not unlimited. and now I dont even think they advertise it like that.

I got a 13k Verizon bill for air time one month on my laptop... Thats how i found out.

Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones (personal email)

Get unlimited access to the Internet and your personal email accounts.

* Check and send personal emails when you’re out and about.

* Access up to 10 POP3 and IMAP Personal Email accounts.

* Enjoy unlimited Internet access.

Compare your Smartphone data options:

Personal

Email Corporate

Email Unlimited

Internet Access Monthly

Charge

Unlimited Data

Usage for

Smartphone Included

Included

Included

$44.99

Email & Web for

Smartphone Included

---

Included

$29.99

The Email and Web for BlackBerry and Email and Web for Smartphone Features are designed for personal, consumer use and are not compatible with some Internet email service offerings or with email applications utilizing BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Desktop Software, Wireless Sync or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server or Good™ Mobile Messaging. These features cannot be used to tether your device to laptops, personal computers or other devices for any purpose other than syncing of data; any other use is not permitted using these features. Service is only available in the National Enhanced Services and Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas. See information on roaming in Canada and Mexico at www.verizonwireless.com/naroaming.

I got my verizon card just over two years ago. I have the unlimited plan. I do not want to go in and upgrade my air card, because they will make me go to the 5g amount. Verizon sucks. I am seriously thinking about switching over to clear.

I too have Verizon unlimited plan for my phone and I have never seen anything over 30 bucks on the bill... I bought tether berry for my crack berry and use my phone as a modem all the time with no problems :laughoff:

I got my verizon card just over two years ago. I have the unlimited plan. I do not want to go in and upgrade my air card, because they will make me go to the 5g amount. Verizon sucks. I am seriously thinking about switching over to clear.

well clear is OK if you never want to leave town.. look at their coverage area!