Looking to build a ripper.

Sandinmacrack

Hi all. I have three stock 70's that are begging for some upgrades. Right now I'm in the middle of a honda 110 swap (thanks for the help Chris!). That one should be ready to run (but won't be pretty) for the Regatta. I want that one to be a dependable camp bike that will haul my big butt around. The second one needs to be a little more evil and a real ripper. So I'm thinking of a Lifan 140 clutch engine. This one... All black Lifan 140 with carb Looking for opinions on this type of engine for haulin' some butt.

So, my question is: What engine would you use for around 400 bucks? What do you think of the one in the link? Thanks all.

I'm not too familiar with that motor but it should haul some a$ for sure. My 110 is fast enough! laughing.gif

I wonder what motors those R55 guys from last year started with or if they sell larger Lifan motors that fit right in. They were up there like 160-185cc! dayum.gif They are just stupid fast.

I'm not too familiar with that motor but it should haul some a$ for sure. My 110 is fast enough! laughing.gif

I wonder what motors those R55 guys from last year started with or if they sell larger Lifan motors that fit right in. They were up there like 160-185cc! dayum.gif They are just stupid fast.

It seems like a pretty good engine for the money (not looking to spend a grand!) and most people seem to like the Lifan brand.

If I remember right, those guys are running GPX or Pirahna motors. I know that GPX makes a 160cc crate motor and then you can buy bigger carbs, race heads, ECT...

Checkout http://www.pitsterpro.com for some motor options.

No! Eff you, Mark! I'm not even gonna click it. :flipoff: I already spent way too much money on this damn thing!

laughing.gif

No! Eff you, Mark! I'm not even gonna click it. :flipoff: I already spent way too much money on this damn thing!

laughing.gif

Come on Pete, it is like crack, once your bitten you cannot stop!!! LOL

So, which is better (reliable & stronger), the GPX or the Lifan?

I am not sure which is better, just seems like the Glamis guys with the really big motors have stuck with the GPX or Pahrana motors. But Pete's 110 does rip and sounds like he did good for the money!

Right now this is the motor that most of the peeps are in line for--

A custom YX based 150 electric start engine

Due for release mid Jan, but located in the UK (They do export though)

Priced arround the £500 mark

Link--- 150cc

Details

1. MODEL: 4-stroke , oil cooler , single cylinder, manual clutch,

horizontal

2. Bore&stroke : 60X53

3. Cylinder capacity : 149.8ml

4. Compression ratio: 9.2:1

5. Power / torque : ≥14.5HP/9500±500r/min

6. maximum torque: ≥11N.m/5500±500r/min

7. Mini fuel consumption: ≤354g/KW.h

8. Ignition advanced angle: 15°± 2°

9. Valve gap(mm): 0.05±0.02

10. Fuel mark: above 90# GB484-89

11. Engine oil mark : SAE API 15W/40-SF

12. Engine oil consumption : 8g/KW.h

13. Transmission ratio : elementary: 3.722(18/67) first gear: 3.272(11/36) second gear: 1.937(16/31) third gear: 1.350(20/27) forth gear : 1.043(23/24)

14. spark plug size : A7TC

15. spark plug gap: 0.6-0.7

16. Ignition method: CDI

17. Clutch model : multi-plate manual clutch

18. Air filter model : sponge air filter

19. Lubricating system: pressure splash

20. Engine oil capacity: 1.1L

21. Start method: electric & kick start ( start any gear)

22. SIZE: 435X285X235mm

Hi all. I have three stock 70's that are begging for some upgrades. Right now I'm in the middle of a honda 110 swap (thanks for the help Chris!). That one should be ready to run (but won't be pretty) for the Regatta. I want that one to be a dependable camp bike that will haul my big butt around. The second one needs to be a little more evil and a real ripper. So I'm thinking of a Lifan 140 clutch engine. This one... All black Lifan 140 with carb Looking for opinions on this type of engine for haulin' some butt.

So, my question is: What engine would you use for around 400 bucks? What do you think of the one in the link? Thanks all.

You'r just still mad about me being faster at Thanksgiving

Right now this is the motor that most of the peeps are in line for--

A custom YX based 150 electric start engine

Due for release mid Jan, but located in the UK (They do export though)

Priced arround the £500 mark

Link--- 150cc

Details

1. MODEL: 4-stroke , oil cooler , single cylinder, manual clutch,

horizontal

2. Bore&stroke : 60X53

3. Cylinder capacity : 149.8ml

4. Compression ratio: 9.2:1

5. Power / torque : ≥14.5HP/9500±500r/min

6. maximum torque: ≥11N.m/5500±500r/min

7. Mini fuel consumption: ≤354g/KW.h

8. Ignition advanced angle: 15°± 2°

9. Valve gap(mm): 0.05±0.02

10. Fuel mark: above 90# GB484-89

11. Engine oil mark : SAE API 15W/40-SF

12. Engine oil consumption : 8g/KW.h

13. Transmission ratio : elementary: 3.722(18/67) first gear: 3.272(11/36) second gear: 1.937(16/31) third gear: 1.350(20/27) forth gear : 1.043(23/24)

14. spark plug size : A7TC

15. spark plug gap: 0.6-0.7

16. Ignition method: CDI

17. Clutch model : multi-plate manual clutch

18. Air filter model : sponge air filter

19. Lubricating system: pressure splash

20. Engine oil capacity: 1.1L

21. Start method: electric & kick start ( start any gear)

22. SIZE: 435X285X235mm

Sounds cool but £500 = $775 US plus export fees. That's a little out of my budget. I'm not in any hurry, so I'll keep looking around.

ive had good results with everything ive ordered from PCC, i live in Alaska and get my orders in 2-3 days. i ordered last friday and had my package on monday...

if i wasnt lookin for Estart when i got mine, thats the exact motor i would have gotten...

for the price check out the Piranha 150cc

YX 150cc Engine

This is a YX made engine

Engine Specs

Bore: 56.4mm

Stroke:59mm

Displacment:149cc

Gears:4 speed ,bottom neutral 4 up shifting

Carb:no

Ignition:OUTER ROTOR

PRICE $379.00

Dyno Runs will be posted soon, rated at over 12HP

from there you can add your choice of carb and exhaust..

Link to motor --- 150cc Engine Link

i thought the budget was 400...steppin up to the pitster is well worth the extra 200 bones IMO if u can swing it. from what ive read that 155ho is a little monster, im thinkin about buyin a PP 155 pitbike this spring. i dont have any dunes to ride so i need suspension b4 i can use any more power than my 120 without destroying my back. whatever u decide, please post pics and a review. it seems ur tastes are real close to mine so ill be watching for your Ripper build closely.

When you have time give Vince a call at TBolt and talk to him about the pitster/Piranha/GPX/and so on. All these motors are the same, he has a good insight on the motors and what would be ideal for what you want to spend in cash wise. Just keep in mind buying the motor doesn't mean everything will fit. Once motor is purchased then there is the intake (talk about a hassle)(best advice contact Gody at hondaatc70.com) then there is exhaust and of course the electrical which is simple until wiring for lights. then there is the purchase of the voltage regulator/rectifire and then lights and so on and on and on. I know atc70.com has the 125 motor with the installation kit its worth it if you want something to bolt in and rider.

I installed the Piranha 140cc 12hp motor and i really like the power, i still need to dial in the gearing, motor purchase was affordable i think it was purchasing the other stuff that jacked the price up. :laughing: