Fines for season passes

I said he SOUNDS LIKE :think::dunno::redneck: !! ...If he gets offended...which I am sure he wont, seeings how he was in law enforcement for multiple years I am sure he has some thick skin.... but if I hurt his 1 feeling I will retract :hello: ....

My apologies to the Forum Members

Capt

You're crossing the line with name calling, Dave. C'mon. Play by the rules.

I have gone to a few of the blm meetings and have got now where.. Im voicing my thoughts about the blm.. If you want to voice yours on how Im so bad than thats your right also.. Thanks for making my point stronger.. Everybody give Terry a big :thumb: .. Your DDR's offical BLM spokesman now. Good job!

Glad to see wee still have life left on DDR.. It was getting a little quiet there for a minute..

As for going to Dumont, We have been going for years with no problems.. We had a few bad BLM runins in the Johnson Valley area not so long ago.. Maybe We can get Terry to straighten things out with em.. Go get em TERRY!! :thumbsdown:

If I read your first and second e mail you attacked me personally for at least attempting to gain some rapport with a typically non relationship goverment bureauacy. (Try dealing with the BLM and it's LEO's at Glamis). Sorry that the world does not fall at your feet and meet your demands. I will tell you that your input along with others does make a difference on how Barstow BLM does their job at Dumont and surronding areas.

I am not the "official" spokesperson for this web site, anything I said I stand by as a personal opinion and not as a representitive of this web site. I want to make that clear as I do not own nor am I a mod for ths site.

I do not agree with your attitude nor your thought process and I have never said that you need to fall in line with BLM, all I ask is that maybe you walk a mile in their shoes before you make rash and irrational statements about things you no nothing of.

Dealing with a govermental bureauacy is a totally different unertaking and has to be understood by spending time in their world and their system to learn how it does work or in your opinion not work. I would be glad to sit down over a cold one around the campfire and hear your opinion on how we can change things for the better. Understand that I am only one voice in a sub-group of 9 but I would be glad to pass along your issues and see if we as a sub-group can assist.

Will the fees ever go away? Probably not the goverment is broke and the state of California is broke so fee's will not be departing soon. You can either look at it as you at least get some services for what you pay or you do not depending on what your outlook on life is which I think I already know.

Terry

None of us like paying fees on top of the high taxes already paid but as it's already been said disrespecting the LEO's is not the way to go about voicing your displeasure. They didn't write the laws they only enforce them and as a person in law enforcement I would think that you should know that. Just because a few bad apples in the BLM and other areas of law enforcement have tainted the rep of all the good ones doesn't mean they're all bad. Similarly, just as someone who disrespects our riding areas and trashes and tears everything up doesn't mean we're all bad but we all get dumped into the same idiot offroader barrel. Think about it and we'll all be better off with better actions and words...and no, I'm not a LEO.

Rather, the guys in the linked story below have gone about it the right way and maybe by doing so we'll all be helped and better off in the long run.

http://www.dailybull...ews/ci_19974329

Edited by Mr. Sandman
  • Like 1

The case can be made that you would not go to Dumont to meet with your friends unless they were there to use the OHV area and camping area. However I am certainly not an Attorney and I do believe that we as users should be able to have non-users come out and visit for the day or weekend. The plan is that if you buy a season pass you will be able to get an "extra" vehicle pass so the wife or friends can join you without paying for another pass. That vehicle MUST come in without any OHV attached or in the bed etc. We are working on this for next year but have to go through DAC and RRAC to get it approved. See the goverment bureauacy works at a completely different pace and time then normal business where decisions are made and implemented daily. Just does not happen in goverment offices.

So consider your head slapped:) :slap:

Edited by ynot
  • Like 1

Beautiful thing about case law, don't have to wait. They were very clear on the plain language of the law. No amenities at Dumont to charge for. I'm not talking special rec fee. But yes, I agree with you on the plan. I just like to stir this issue now and then, especially when a very liberal court gets it right.

Damb, not so hard...

Beautiful thing about case law, don't have to wait. They were very clear on the plain language of the law. No amenities at Dumont to charge for. I'm not talking special rec fee. But yes, I agree with you on the plan. I just like to stir this issue now and then, especially when a very liberal court gets it right.

Damb, not so hard...

Sorry but a b*tch slap has to make a certain point :director:

• Like 1

Frankly my take is one pass one vehicle not one pass 2 vehicles so what is actually the difference whos using it on any given weekend. All I see them doing with my cash is improving the small paradise the BLM parks all their utvs atvs rails campers trucks etc on and not much comming back to us so If I want to lend my pass to a friend or family member when Im NOT using it whats the difference? its good for the whole season one vehicle at a time no matter who is using it.. JUST SAYN....

Frankly my take is one pass one vehicle not one pass 2 vehicles so what is actually the difference whos using it on any given weekend. All I see them doing with my cash is improving the small paradise the BLM parks all their utvs atvs rails campers trucks etc on and not much comming back to us so If I want to lend my pass to a friend or family member when Im NOT using it whats the difference? its good for the whole season one vehicle at a time no matter who is using it.. JUST SAYN....

Yep..

Be careful what you say here.. Their are some very sensitive duners on this site.. Even a few tough guys.. lol..

Im glad someone else see's that the BLM doesn't do much for our riding areas.. We went out last weekend for a day and a night.. Was a lot of fun..

I still stand by my orignal comments.. :DDRrocks:

• 5 months later...

this is what happens when a state goes broke! so twist the easy arms for money :finger: just like nv is starting with this suppossed havin to register ohv's. if i have to register it and pay to get in somewhere i'm gettin a farm triangle and drivin it on the friggin street :finger::headbang1:

• 2 months later...