Teryx Big Bore Kit

SoCalTess818

Has anyone else gotten a big bore kit for their Teryx?? Just curious on what kind of kit you got, what kind of set up the Teryx is, and if the Teryx is a newer one (fuel injected) or not.

Mine is not fuel injected and we have a lot of heat problems with the big bore. It's very fast for having seating for 4 but over heating sucks.

• Like 1

Talk to Jon Crowley at UTVGUIDE.com He runs a beefed up Teryx and could probably offer you some advice. He also has articles on his upgrades and challenges.

Terry

Edited by ynot
  • Like 1

Try the fan bypass switch it lets fan run all the time. Hunterworks has it for like 70 bucks it lets you plug in to your stock plugs no cutting the wires or you can just run it yourself they also sell a bigger fan for it for about a 100 bucks

• Like 1

I don't have a BBK and I never thought I had overheating problems and I just installed a temp gauge and luckily I was right. I was in Glamis around New Years eve and just cruising around my temps were about 180. A couple of rides up Oldsmobile and the temps went up to about 195 and quickly came down. On a long, hard dune run my temps got up to 205/210 and stayed there until we stopped and the temp went down fairly quickly. The only "cooling" addition I've made to my 2009 Teryx is a DASA water impeller, which I think works very well and is only about $60. I've also heard of others taking their stock Teryx radiators to a radiator shop and converting it to a triple pass so the coolant stays in the radiator longer. I'm not 100% on the price, but I think the radiator mod costs around $150 or so. Good luck.

Edited by PetesZ400
  • Like 1