Veterans Day

DunerDan

bad weekend terry??? sorry to hear...

Yeah I lost all my brake and turn signals on the way out. Then once I get to the dunes I find that the entire 12 volt system in my trailer has fried the wiring to the batteries down to the copper. No power to the winch which opens and closes a 300 lb door and no pump for fuel or power for lights etc. I find that the builder ran wire without protecting it and no in line fuses or fuse panels. So I couldn't get the car out without half the camps help every AM. And siphoning race fuel in the morning is a good way to lose your french toast and sausage breakfast. Made it home and got that all fixed to the tune of a lot of cash and also found that the M/H coolant resevior tank line to the radiator was not re-installed correctly last year when I had some major work done. Cummins of LV has it now and are at least repairing it for free. So slowly getting things back together and although the trailer manufactuer is going to help a little it took some pretty strong threats to get him to jump in. As the world turns i am just trying to hold the fk on!!!

Edited by ynot

YIKES! well at least you were able to salvage the weekend... lol and race fuel in the mouth doesn't sound good at all!

Nope it wasn't but the worst part is the lungful of race gas fumes you get just before the gas hits your throat, nasty. Been along time since I had to resort to that method to obtain fuel. LOL!

Nope it wasn't but the worst part is the lungful of race gas fumes you get just before the gas hits your throat, nasty. Been along time since I had to resort to that method to obtain fuel. LOL!

lol yes iv been there... I know have a priming bulb and some hose I keep on hand :)

i need someone to ride with on Friday...

Mike isn't planning on going till friday night and I am just going to plan on heading out general morning time (DJ morning time). I can never keep track of the who, (is going), where, (they are camping), and when, (they are getting there) with the posts.

Can't make vets day this year but as a reminder the vets weekend is usually a free, no pass required weekend.

yes last few years were free I believe.

hopefully it's a little less crowded and smooth sand!

Is this true? Can anyone verify? I'll be out for the first time in a while.