Dumont Theft ?

Ronbob

Good morning All, haven't been to Dumont in 15 yrs. How safe is it to leave stuff sitting out ? Probably a stupid question. I lock everything up at night with cables. Been playing at Glamis and thought why the He!! drive that far ?

Insurance usually won't cover accessories, depreciation and most importantly your time/ pain in the a$$ factor. My car is insured for probably more than the going rate in today's market, but it is pretty unique and I would hate to lose it and have to find a car of very similar specs/ design.

i lock mine up to. I know not more then a month or two ago someone'es sand rail was rolled out of their camp and stolen.

i think you got the be pretty brave to steal sh*t from people out there, get caught and a good a$$ beating may be the minimum they would get. Lots of dessert to get "lost" in out there.

You better be knocking on wood...Just Sayin.I lock EVERYTHING down, Including gas cans.

hell yea i knocked man

at glamis we were open trailer and now in-closed so i just don't leave stuff out (i ain't stoooopid) but at Glamis getting stuff ripped was a regular event, anything forgot and not nailed down was a loss!!! hell at Von's in town they cut my straps and ripped our full gas cans with my son watching and us chasing! scandalous chit out there! pismo is bad as well! oddly enough Dumont is the only place i have had to bring a gun out of rv with intent but thats a whole diff story and thread.

Big weekends seems to bring the rif raf. Buddy had his BFD sandrail stolen by hill next to vendors row on Presidents Day weekend. No locks just parked it by the mh. We have had gas cans, gas caps, coolers stolen but several years back on big weekends also. Alarms, and locks seem to be the smart thing to do......just remember to unlock the cables before trying to pull out of camp. I've some pretty funny things happen with the disc locks.