Is Dumont Going To Be Closed?

sucks because i'm in the military and the military folks will not get paid. terrible situation....especially for those deployed.

I agree. They do these symbolic government shut downs without thinking about the consequences. People who are serving the country get caught in the middle. They always get paid eventually, but what about bills that are due now?

I'm starting to dislike the idiots from both parties...

• Like 1

I was active duty last time this happened. We did not get our full pay on time but we were still required to show up and do our job. We got paid 12 days late... So flavtfan dont worry but welcome to the suck ! Glad I got out and have a state job now LOL Im still screwed

yeah been doing it for 13 years and it's getting tougher and tougher to want to stay in...things have been going downhill for a good 8 yrs now and it certainly isn't getting any better. really pisses me off to see the amount of money wasted yet the first place they look to cut is the pockets of the little man. the founding fathers are probably rolling in their graves seeing what the politicians have done to this country.

• Like 1

Our non-essential personell will be told not to come into work as soon as Tues. if this goes into effect tonight. All leave is cancelled, can't even get sick! Show up or be AWOL. Sucks that some people have vacations paid for already and might have to lose out.

All the information I could find, seems pretty vague on what impact the government shut down will actually have on Dumont. Dumont is not a National Park, so as far as I can tell, there will just be no BLM officers, no BLM services, the bathrooms locked and maybe some signs posted saying closed. I can't find any information on if there will be fines if you are caught on "closed" lands, however, with no services who is going to catch you? But then further down it says they will be on duty. And yes of course the BLM sites are down, making it even more difficult to find any information. Its not like they are going to run out there an put up a fence and a gate across the road and lock it up, that would require BLM employees to work and funding they apparently don't have. :dunno:

http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/BLM-Contingency-Plan.pdf

Edited by sand chick
  • Like 1

So as long as the shut down goes....I dont need a pass....I dont need stickers....and I wont be able to pee in a building...

Probably cant even get passes.....hmmm....except from a vendor that has them.

Sounds just like what people refer to as the good ol days.

Here is a directive about the shutdown plan. It says open land is still open, but controlled access lands will be closed, and campgrounds will be closed.

Is Dumont considered controlled access? Because there are bathrooms is it called a campground?

. Does this mean no vendor row?

"Businesses operated by outfitters with BLM-issued permits will not be able to operate on
BLM-managed public lands that are closed"

Might end up at the giant piles of dust at Amargosa.

Edited by Svengoolie