Tires

P-rot

I saw the ones dune freak has on the post but I think they are too big. I'm running 30x15 with a realativly stock 1600 and a little bitty car and I think the tires are too much for it.

This is my first rail so if anyone has any suggestions for tire size, I'm all ears and eager to hear!

Ok so went to doghouse in pahrump where I've spent a good amount of money online and have had good service with phone calls. I was very excited about getting to see the shop and meet the guy in person. Apparently he hates people because he came out of the house and said 2 words "I'm closed" and started walking away. We told him we were in desperate need of some stuff and he told us "well I'm busy stuffing my face and I'm closed". Well he just lost a customer for life. I've never had such a bad experience with a shop.

Butchs and Nevada off road have nothing in stock.

he came out of the house and said 2 words "I'm closed" and started walking away. We told him we were in desperate need of some stuff and he told us "well I'm busy stuffing my face and I'm closed".

WOW! That is crazy! Good to know how potential customers are treated... Hopefully he'll post his side of the story. Maybe a bad day on his part...

Edited by BearsZX72

What the customer left off is:

The sign in the window of our shop that he read when he went to the door: it says closed until Jan 5th I'll take a picture of it next for you disbelievers that are so quick to say how 'crazy that is'.

Then after reading the sign the customer calls the Doghouse phone number, listens to the message that says "we're closed until Jan 5th', then calls back to hear it again.

At that point, although I was inside eating breakfast (stuffing my face), I put my bathrobe and slippers on and went out the front door of my house to let the people know "I'm closed".

Seeing their look of disbelief that I would be closed wasn't enough, I paused and said the bit about eating.

THAT wasn't enough for this customer who then said they needed some rims and wanted to know if I had any.

Then I explained that since I am closed and my computer is turned off, I have no idea what I might or might not have.

Then I walked back around the corner and into my house.

Now for those that think that's outrageous too damn bad.

Call before you want to come over. Get the answering machine that says we're closed and DON'T COME, because we're closed.

If you don't understand that then too damn bad.

I am done having bad days, I stopped vending at dumont years ago.

There too, people would come up and knock on my entirely closed up vending trlr and walk around it banging on all the sides to get me to come out (if I was even in there) and sell them what they needed.

What about what I need? Maybe when I'm closed, I need a break. Maybe I need to carry on with MY private life and it's needs.

Do you go to other businesses when they're closed and try to coerce them to come out and or open for you? If you do, I suggest that I am not the problem.

post-3265-0-89546900-1451926977_thumb.jp

post-3265-0-97510500-1451927061_thumb.jp

Edited by Doghouse

• 1 year later...

I feel I need to set this post straight.

Phil at Doghouse is a great guy.  He does like his privacy when he is off.

I'm not too sure on the timing of this but, That very well may have been the season that his Wife of many many years abruptly DIED on him.

If you research Doghouse on here, there are many many many happy folks with his treating of them.

So, cut a man some slack.  Put yourself in his shoes.  Have someone come banging on your house when it is very clear that he is closed.  And maybe try to consider that maybe things are not going very well for that person.

Yes Phil is my friend, has been for a good 15 or so years.

So I appreciate that this thread be taken with a Grain of Salt and move on.

Doghouse is a great business and Phil is a Great Guy.

He spent many many years at Dumont with his mobile parts trailer until the VW based rail was pushed out by all the fancy schmancy high dollar machines.

He was there when you needed him, not his fault VW rails have become a thing of the past.

Again, wear his shoes for a day and see how easy it is.

Thank you for your time,

IrnBear

Edited by IrnBear
  • Like 1